Torchlight II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by k1net1cs, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Have to mirror what others have said, i've already pre-orded Diablo 3 and seeing as it's out 1st i'll be holding off until Torchlight 2 hits a steam sale.

If it had of came out before Diablo 3 i would have bought it now as it's a great price (more so compaired to blizzards crazy digital price), but it's just not coming out at the right time IMO.

2. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Just pre ordered of Steam and got Torchlight 1 free.
    Not a bad little action rpg once you get over the quirky cartoony graphics.

3. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    I will be doing the opposite of most of the forum so far, I will got Torchlight 2 already, then I will wait till Diablo 3 comes down from 60 bucks. I do not pay full price for games at launch. Only have 3 times and Diablo 3 is not one of the games I would pay full launch price for.

4. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    my thought exactly

5. HitokiriX

HitokiriX Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    I've already pre-ordered it looking forward to this far more than Diablo 3 I found the beta average at best i'm sick to death with this streamlined crap that and the always online connection required is a complete deal breaker for me

6. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    You say streamlined like it's a bad thing, making the game less cumbersome is a good thing IMO.

7. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    I can only assume he meant 'mainstream', to be honest. :p

In any case, my stance is obviously also inline with Rochin : getting Torchlight 2 earlier and wait until D3's price going down.
    For all I know, that game will be riddled with microtransactions and DLCs later on.
    No way I'm going to plunge $60 to an intentionally crippled game that requires me to stay online for single player just because the character is not saved in my own system.
    Guess when Blizzard (Activision!) does it and the game is Diablo, everything is fine; almost feel pity towards Ubisoft.

8. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Blizz makes great games... Ubisoft... well................................

9. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Makes Assassin's Creed series, Anno series, Heroes of Might & Magic series, Trackmania series, Splinter Cell series, Rainbow Six series, Prince of Persia series, Rayman Origins, and Beyond Good & Evil, among others.

Your argument is invalid.

10. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

None of those games are as good as any single Blizzard game.

(imho)

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Pfffft. Obviously you never played Blackthorn. Blizzard made that game and it was total sh!t. So Ubi does have better games . :D

12. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Blizzard is on my boycott list along with EA. I'll be getting Torchlight 2 on release, thankfuly there are a number of solid looking hack and slash games on the horizon. I'm not missing out much by skipping D3.

13. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Yeah, you're totally right. My bad.

14. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Riii~ght...so called 'Blizzard fan' who doesn't know anything beyond what's been played.
    I've had my respects for Blizzard back then, but they're not the same company anymore, not after Vivendi was slurped Activision.

Besides, the studio that made Diablo was Blizzard North, a game studio that was acquired by Blizzard and was renamed to Blizzard North.
    After some disagreements with Vivendi (this is before going with Activision), most of the core developers and designers of Blizzard North (especially the Diablo team) left the company, and Blizzard North was subsequently 'merged' with Blizzard South, which is just another way of saying it's being closed.

As for D3, I'll just wait for a GOTY edition.
    But then again, I'm not even so sure I'd still get it due to having to have a constant connection to just play single player.
    And no LAN? Feck that.

15. smull

smull Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    lol Thanks for the laugh. Blizzard has made a couple of decent games in the last half century. And Wow.

16. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 480 8gb
    Never played Diablo. Have played Torchlight 1 and looking forward to 2.

17. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Why all the bickering back and forth? Both games are going to be a lot of fun and I'll be getting both of them. As to which one will be the better game, who knows? If I were to guess though, I'd say that more than likely D3 will be the better game overall, mostly because of development time and the unlimited budget. But by no means do I think that T2 will suffer in the fun department. Actually, I think these two games will complement each other rather well.

18. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

:spam2:

19. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The problem with most people who aren't too fond with D3 is the fact that it's more of a 'miniaturized WoW' than a proper Diablo game.
    I do agree both games would be fun, but I'm not going to spend $60 only to justify Blizzard's decision to make a miniature F2P MMORPG out of the Diablo franchise.
    I rather give $20 to a game studio that still manages to emphasize 'fun' and not 'fund' in games.

And development time?
    One of the main reasons it took them long enough was because of the original Diablo team from Blizzard North had fled before D3 could be finished.
    Yes, they did work on D3 for awhile, until some disagreements with Vivendi which made most, if not all, of the core Diablo team leaving Blizzard North.

D3 isn't really Diablo but in name.
    If it weren't for the addictive nature of ARPGs in general they'd suffer the same fate as Duke Nukem Forever in terms of reception.
    Won't be long before Blizzard charge you for extra item storage in-game.

Oh wait.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Indeed, Blizzard lost it's way since the Activision merge. I for one won't bother with any more of their products. Looking forward to TL2, liked the first.