Is physx working on my card?

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by Totally Jesus, May 25, 2009.

1. Totally Jesus

Totally Jesus New Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 9800 gtx+
    I have a 9800 gtx+ with the newest drivers installed, i have been playing mirrors edge which is one of the only real phyx enhanced games so far. I have everything maxed(1280x1024) and everything runs very smooth with over 40 fps the entire time, but once a physx effect comes up(like glass shattering) the frame rate plummets to a slideshow. It sounds like the physx is being processed by my cpu because that is supposed to slow down the performance alot, is this what is happening? or is the card just not powerful enough to do the graphics and physx at the same time?

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Should be more than enough to handle the PhysX effects, make sure you use the latest display drivers and PhysX redistributable (NVIDIA's website) and then run the PhysX control panel and enable GPU acceleration, might be possible to also enable it via NVIDIA's driver control panel but it shouldn't matter where you activate it.

Finally if neither works (It should though.) you can force PhysX to kick in by copying the PhysXLoader.dll file from the PhysXLocal file or what it's called in the same folder where the EXE is located. (GameFolder\Bin or something like that.) :)

3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Mirror's Edge is a GPU dependent game...adding PhysX processing will decrease the framerate a good bit....so it's very possible that PhysX is running with hardware acceleration just fine.