MSI Afterburner 4.3.0 Final is Released

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Vulkan framelimitting working beautifully in DOOM with 6.6.0 Beta 1 :)

Capping at 70, or 71. FreeSync monitor @70Hz.

Thanks Unwinder!

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

3. Unwinder

Dear forum visitors,

I finally had some free time (thanks to weekends) to work on Vulkan OSD implementation and I’m happy to present the results of my today’s coding experiments : RTSS 6.6.0 beta 2. This version introduces initial Vulkan OSD support, please read the following info carefully before trying this version:

- Currently only vector 2D rendering mode is supported for OSD in Vulkan, so regardless of your settings RTSS is using this mode to render OSD in Vlukan applications. Similar to other 3D APIs, vector 2D rendering mode in RTSS for Vulkan is based on pure 2D frambuffer clear operations only. This means that close zero rendering pipeline re-configuration and very simple rendering pass is required to render OSD, so it provides the maximum compatibility with game engines. On other side, it can be slower than vector 3D / raster 3D mode depending on the performance of back buffer clear operations in different Vulkan implementations. Vector 3D and raster 3D OSD rendering implementation will be added in the next betas.
    - I’ve developed and tested it on NVIDIA hardware only and had no time to play with AMD’s Vulkan implementation yet. Vulkan API is very low-level and validation in Vulkan ICDs of different vendors differ drastically so I’m not sure if my current implementation will work on AMD cards. So any feedback from AMD users side is welcomed.
    - I’ve attached small pre-compiled lightweight Vulkan sample (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions) from Vulkan SDK to beta 2 archive. You can use it to test Vulkan if you don’t own any Vulkan games.
    - Currently I’ve tested it on Vulkan SDK samples (attached to beta 2 archive), DOOM, Dota 2 and The Talos Principle only. So if you can test it on any other applications – it would be fine. I’ve experienced one weird DOOM hang at startup after logo videos but couldn’t reproduce it after that, so I’m not sure if it is new Vulkan OSD or something else.
    - Neither screencapture nor videocapture is implemented for Vulkan yet. I’ll work on it after finalizing and polishing OSD implementation.

http://download-eu2.guru3d.com/rtss/RTSSSetup660Beta2.rar

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  4. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Works fine here, thanks, Unwinder.

The only minor nitpick - using something like "vk1" instead of "vulkan" label in the OSD would probably be both more compact and forward looking (in case there will be 2+ versions of Vulkan API in the future).

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    VUL or VKN would fit the 3 letter match along with the rest

6. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    There seems to be a bug with the show OSD hotkey. After alt+tabbing from a game, the hotkey stops working. This happens for all games, and is not specific to Vulkan.

Windows 10 64-bit.

7. Asmirae

Asmirae New Member

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 Core Edition
    Overlay works fine with latest version of DOOM.

Driver version - Crimson 16.11.4.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  8. Valkyrie743

Valkyrie743 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080 FTW
    doom and both cube test vulkan applications hook with framerate limit working for me (running nvidia GTX 1080)

i did noticed that if i have GameOverlayRenderer64.dll set for InjectionDelayTriggers, hooking with doom will not work. not sure if this is a limitation with vulkan. either way i fixed it by removing gameoverlayrenderer64.dll from the delay triggers and just add Wow-64.exe to the delay trigger and everything works perfect for me :)

thanks so much for all the hard work :)

9. Unwinder

From release notes:

10. register128

register128 Guest

GPU:
    ASus GTX 1080 STRIX OC
    Has somebody the RTSS Version 6.3.0 download to get RTSS overlay working with watch dogs 2?
    The link with all versions of RTSS on main page doesn't list 6.3.0

THANKS

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016

11. Unwinder

6.3.0 is bundled with MSI Afterburner 4.1.0. Downgrading to that old version just to get a single game working doesn't sound like a wise solution.

12. register128

register128 Guest

GPU:
    ASus GTX 1080 STRIX OC
    Thanks for the info :) Hopefully this company is going to whitelist RTSS 6.5

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    does anyone here have a problem with Rivatuner OSD working with watch dogs 2 ?

14. Unwinder

It was discussed in multiple threads.

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    good news

16. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Even with last update they didn't put RTSS in their white list.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Ubisoft probably had that patch in testing since the PC version of the game went gold though (It is mainly the same as the console version of the patch after all but with two PC specific additions.) whereas this Easy Anti Cheat whitelist addition is a more recent change so it will be the next game update that contains this EAC whitelist change. :)
    (But who knows when that will be released.)

Although how that whitelisting works I guess we'll just have to wait and see, my guess is Afterburner 4.3.0 and RTSS 6.5.0 with hopefully 6.5.1 also being whitelisted though that will leave the current 6.6.0 beta as unsupported but I'm guessing the EAC developers can't easily whitelist something that is currently still actively in development and could change from release to release until finalized.
    (Depends on how it's whitelisted though but I assume there's more than just looking up the version number.)

EDIT: Ah I see Hilbert already posted some info on how that will work.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5365670#post5365670

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Something strange is going on with a delayed injection in latest RTSS beta - sometimes it doesn't work for some reason for GameOverlayRenderer64.dll (yeah, it's added to Global profile). Mostly happening with The Witcher 3 - on one game launch it works and on the other one doesn't, with nothing being changed between them.

19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  20. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    Hello Unwinder, I have a laptop using a GTX 960M with Optimus and Afterburner is not showing GPU and Memory clock speeds on Windows startup. If I close Afterburner and RTSS and open it again, it shows the clock speeds. I already set a startup delay to Afterburner but it didnt work. Im using the latest Afterburner, RTSS and Nvidia driver. Do you know how can I fix it. Thanks in advanced.