Geforce 9800GT not compatible?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Moejoe, Feb 8, 2011.

1. AdmiralFlame

AdmiralFlame Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GT
    i have exactly same problem after i bought new PC, my games just freezes... its like green/yellow/red stripes, i have to keep pushing reset button to reset PC. i have never had problem in my old PC. i feel annoyed, i look in all sites and couldnt find solution. i feel like i have wasted my money. i think im gonna have to buy new graphic card :( hope u guys can help me find solution, till i get new graphic card. i really want to play WoT, but now i cant and its killing me.

thx in advance

2. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    Dumb question, but did you plug in the 6pin connector in your 9800?

3. HEXXEN9x

HEXXEN9x Member

GPU:
    gtx 760
    hi there I wish to help

ya that shop is filled with money hungry crack heads. they want to keep you coming.
    well thats off my chest now, I pride myself to help others out on the computer needs and keeping perpetual stable copies of win 7 going for years.

sounds like you're not doing a number of things you need to do.

1) the shop may have tapered with your OS to keep having problems. fresh install is recommended. use system restore to the earliest day possible if you can as an alternative.

2) backup your documents/ folders /game saves

3) collect all the most updated drivers and software on a cd/usb and load them up one by one with Admin rights. do this before anything else.

4) avast free 'registered' and windows firewall is quite a decent combo. non-intrusive and gets the job done.

5) update direct x (DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer) is what your looking for. you may not have the software required to ever run the game if you never tried this.

I know some of this sounds noobish or unnecessary but, it will surprise you how well things can run by just starting over and keeping your drivers all together somewhere.

p.s.- admin rights can give the drivers/any software the extra nudge to make them work if you system decides to attempt to not agree with them ;)

Edit: just came out of military training and ready for a haswel-E processor to buy:infinity: ddr4 ram sounds sexy from ddr2 xD

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  4. AdmiralFlame

AdmiralFlame Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GT
    i did, in windows or google or w/e everything works well. but when i play the game, it just freezes. i cant play any games at all :(

5. AdmiralFlame

AdmiralFlame Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GT
    Hexxen, thanx for trying to help. i did everything what u said. i always install Win myself, and install drivers, etc myself. i never had this problem before, but after i bought new PC it keeps having problem. i think maybe H61M-VS3 motherboard doesnt work with GeForce 9800 GT?

well im going to buy new graphic card, i hope it will solve the problem.

6. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    try the drivers below 320 serie, i had this issue on a friend's computer with 9500GT...
    once done it work fine... (haven't tried the new WHQL driver on it maybe it work)

and i forget: download the latest intel driver too in here too.

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  7. AdmiralFlame

AdmiralFlame Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GT
    solved the problem

solved it... it was graphic card. i swapped it with another one, and my PC works well again. thx for help....
    happy gaming guys :D