X800gto2 Benchmarks.

Discussion in 'Links' started by 3bqruk, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Octavean

Octavean Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    OMG,…..!!!!

Where did you get that desktop wallpaper in the background!?! That chick is gorgeous!!!

Oh and,….nice score man:)

2. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    That's the basis of her appeal. ;)

Eva Mendes. :)

www.skins.be <-- You will like. :p

/ Back to topic!

3. ronclon

ronclon Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTS 450 1GB
    got my connect3d x800gto to unlock . got 5789 with no further overclock on card or processor.

4. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Unlocked C3d GTO @ 520/520,
    3dMark05 = 6170

btw, I got no more clocks out of the core or memory even after installing a vf700-cu, a volt mod is definitely needed I think...

Also, does anybody know the memory timings of an original x800xt? I looked at the timings on my GTO and they are tighter than a duck's ass; I lowered some of them and got 550 out of the memory which resulted in more 3dmarks, suggesting that timings are less important on these cards than clocks.

I want to lower the timings even further but I need to see a complete list from a card with more loosely timed memory, as a few incorrect tweaks made my screen look like psychedelic vomit.

Edit:
    Stock timings:

WR = 1.5
    CAS = 4
    CMD = 0
    Str = WR
    TRCDRD = 7
    TRCDWR = 4
    TRP = 5
    TRAS = 6
    TRRD = 6
    TR2W = CL+2
    TWR = 7
    TW2R = 1
    TW2R SB = 7
    TR2R = 3
    REFRESH = 60
    TRFC = 20

Remember 2.0ns, not 1.6ns.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2005

5. zanzan

zanzan Guest

GPU:
    asus 1070
    Hi i'm new here.Do you know from where i can buy this card?
    Thanks a lot.

6. Foxbat25

Foxbat25 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GTX`S
    Hey Octavean try ; atiflash -newbios -f -p 0 atix850xtpe.bin
    at the dos prompt.

7. Octavean

Octavean Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    You mean use a X850XT PE BIOS on the GTO2?

Thanks for the idea Foxbat25 but I think I’ll leave it as is and simply use ATITool to OC. I really like this card and it is running stable not to mention fast!!!

However, I think I might buy a 7800GS when it comes out.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14865073

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2615

Especially if it comes in at about $200 just like the 6800GS.

Then again, if ATI can come up with something similar or superior for the same price,…..

WOW,… quasi 7800GT speed (between 7800GT and 6800GS) for hopefully around ~$200. Maybe $250,….

8. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Delving into my memory, and from what I can recall, if you use an X850 BIOS on a GTO you'll have issues a) because the GTO doesn't have a Rage Theatre chip (I seem to remember the drivers wouldn't even install?) and B) because when using the cards fan header the fan control will be very much compromised and as a result the fan will run at a very low RPM.
    I could probably check the above, but I really don't feel like reading all the way through the GTO2 thread in the TechPowerUp forums again!

Octavean, why would you go from a X850XTPE to a 7800GT or even GS? I've been reading all the latest reviews of the 7800/X1800 cards and most of them compare those cards with an X850XT. The performance difference is marginal, and certainly not a worthwhile upgrade.

I was considering purchasing a 7800GT last week, but seeing as the X850XT is only a touch slower than the X1800XL/7800GT according to reviews, my card, which is a fair amount faster than a plain XT given teh OC, should theoretically be so close to the performance of those cards that I really wouldn't notice the difference. I realise it's a bit of a paradox though, since the 7800 can obviously be overclocked. I also don't know what res you play in or what settings you like to run which I guess is a factor in your decision, although admittedly I didn't take much notice of results at anything other than 1280 since that's what I play in.

Just thinking out loud, really, since it looks like you're thinking of doing a similar to change to what I had planned so it'd be interesting to hear your thoughts.

9. Donn1nger_69

Donn1nger_69 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon x1900xt
    Hey gertem have u tried to flash your card yet if u have what has happened and if not does the card still have alot of power in gaming

10. Octavean

Octavean Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    Well basically my thoughts were that the 7800GS would be relatively cheap if it supplants the 6800GS somewhere in the $200 range. IMO, $200-to-$250 really isn’t too bad.

Going from an X800GTO2@X850XT PE spec to a 7800GT/7800GS/X1800XL may not be much of an improvement but if it is relatively inexpensive then you gain some features like SM 3.0, HDR, AVIVO and or Purevideo.

Since I am running more then one system (3 PCIe systems) I can simply upgrade the video subsystem on another PC and nothing is really wasted.

I can upgrade the HP and get rid of the OEM ASUS X300SE that came with it.

BTW, I agree that the X850XT PE spec is very close to that of the X1800XL in performance but I would have to check up on the 7800GT comparison. Anyway even if the XT PE is comparable to the 7800GT/7800GS I can still see buying one.

I would have bought a 6800GT long ago but I thought that the prices for the 6800GT PCIe version were inflated when I was in the market to buy (when they first came out). Being able to get this type of performance level at a low price is just great IMO.

Now, if ATI comes out with an unlockable OCable X1800GTO for about $200-to-$250,……:)

11. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ah right, you'll be switching the card to another system, fair enough. My situation is a little different then since I only have one other system and an X850 would be way overkill for it. So, for me, I would need to sell this card and then pay the extra cash for a new card so it really wouldn't be worth it given that I'd need to pay about £80 on top of what I'd get for my current card before I could afford a GT or XL, as well as there not being any real performance improvement.

12. Octavean

Octavean Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    Yep, got three PCs to feed:D

Some pondering if you will:

One must wonder if a modified Sapphire X850GTO2@X850XT PE spec could be used on a Crossfire motherboard with a Crossfire Edition X850 card,…….:).

Naturally, everyone would prefer an X1800 Crossfire configuration but I am just curious if it would work.

Also, I’m still wondering if video out is working since I don’t know what the BIOS flash may have done to the card in this respect. Has anyone tested video out on a modified X800GTO2?

Thanks in advance.

13. NamelessMC

NamelessMC Member

GPU:
    Asus 7950GT 512mb
    It would most likely have to be another GTO2 that has been soft-modded with the 16pipe bios.

Dual card set ups are usually picky or you might have to question their stability.

Hi guys, I'm another success story. I received the card today at 11am (Ordered it yesterday at 2pm, talk about fast) and had it unlocked by 3 pm and installed.

With the card using out of box settings, I was able to play Fear at medium-slightly high settings, no AA, no AF and the game would run fine with some choppiness. With just the flash and stock settings I was able to play the game at high settings, 2x AA 0AF. I haven't even oc'ed yet.

Thats what I came to this site to accomplish. The last time I OC'ed a card was when Ti4400 was a monster overclocker and I had just ordered one to use that instead of a Ti4600.

As far as Video-out, it works fine, I"m watching Batman begins as we speak. I experience no artifacting and I'm able to play every game I have on amazing settings. I never dreamed of getting this kind of performance for only 255 dollars shipped.

For everyone:

I'm almost certain you'll have to force flash because I had to, and the card runs fine with that being done. I don't know whether to run 3dmark or not because the ingame performance speaks miles for me.

14. Octavean

Octavean Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    Crossfire configurations require a Crossfire Edition video card in addition to a matching class standard video card and a Crossfire motherboard. Therefore an addition X800GTO2 modified wouldn’t technically work. After the flash the card is identified as a Radeon X800/X850 series card as opposed to an X800GTO and that’s what got me thinking that it would work in a Crossfire configuration (as CE X850 + X850XT PE).

BTW, I remember reading about some review sites getting two standard Xx00 cards (even 2x X700 which isn’t supported) to work in a Crossfire configuration. However, they were using some early “proof of concept” drivers before Crossfire was officially released. The also may have performed some additional work on the BIOS. It technically worked but not as it was supposed to since there are some hardware limitations imposed by not having a Crossfire Edition controller card.

Its good to hear that TV out works. Thanks for the info.

I had to force the flash too BTW.

Although I don’t much care about 3Dmark, it’s a great tool to stress the video subsystem and it really comes in handy when testing the stability of your OC.

15. asd1301

asd1301 Member Guru

GPU:
    gto 2

16. Octavean

Octavean Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760

Interesting,…

However, it’s just not for me. I prefer to do things like this by hand and very carefully at that. Downloading some ISO (from some unknown source) doesn’t give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

There are a few isolated cases that I can see it doing damage if the app/utility logic didn’t account for some possible hardware configurations.

All in all though, it’s probably great for those looking for a quick fix and might not want to go through making a custom boot disc on their own.

BTW, 530/580 is still very good. Its just 10Mhz away from X850XT PE spec on core/MEM. How does the “LIGHT ver” differ from the full retail version? Does it have a different cooling solution?

17. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    By the lite version I assume you mean the OEM version? I bought mine OEM from OCUK, therefore it came in enclasped in a piece of cardboard with the usual set of cables and a driver CD. The card is 100% standard.

I don't know why people would need to use that pre-constructed ISO from OCUK Forums. I'd personally rather do things by myself, and did, meaning I downloaded the modded BIOS from the TechPowerUp article, created a bootable CD, and after over coming some issues with my version of Nero (I simply had to update it to get it to create working bootable CD's) I flashed and now overclock using ATI Tool.

Your OC is about average mate. Obviously some cards OC well, some don't. You could always try forcing the fan to a constant 100% with ATI Tool if you haven't already and see if that improves things at all.

18. Octavean

Octavean Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    Well here is one advertised as:

Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 256MB GDDR3 PCI-Express DVI/TVO (Lite Retail)

“Lite Retail” would seem to suggest a retail product that may have a slightly different accessory kit but I don’t know what the differences are (if any) so I cannot be sure.

The orientation of the graphics on the retail box looks a bit different but the cooling solution looks the same on the product itself

19. whheezzzz

whheezzzz Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800 GTS 320 OC
    just get a Xbox 360

20. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    You're not making a good first impression with these sort of posts, and the general consensus is that first impressions mean a lot...