metro 2033 vs metro last light?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Jan 28, 2014.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    after playing the two games, which do u prefer more, have your say.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I hate them both;P because they make me miss stalker even more, but Metro 1 was great, though in hindsight feels more of a prototype imo. If only because the second game eclipsed it as to make it look so, how a sequel should be done.

3. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    Didn't finish the first but the second is an amazing game. I don't mark it down for being enclosed and on rails because if a cinematic game is done right, then it's fine.

Easily an A quality game.

And this visuals are something else. Overall better than BF4 and Crysis 3 in my eyes.

4. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    metro 2033 ending (bad one) was awesome.

5. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Great games but i prefer the second game because i found it more emotional(The end was fantastic) and because it has better optimization.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Never gave Metro 2033 a real chance but LL is quite good. Nice atmosphere and occasionally scary. One feels quite helpless with limited ammo and sub par guns :)

7. G*addict

G*addict Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC

Lights out, headphones on.

That claustrophobic feeling as you hear your breathing become laboured and you try not to panic as you run around trying to find an air filter before you suffocate. The Librarians and dodgy weapons that deteriorate with use.

Sure, it's not as polished as Last Light but that's just some of the things that make it better IMO.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Last Light

Installed 2033 again the other day and it didn't feel great to play compared to LL

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Finished 2033, have not played LL.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You should, great game

11. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah I'd agree. The first one was more.. sorta, raw. It made it better, it was a little more well done on the storytelling part and a few other things.

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    One thing I noticed after reinstalling 2033 was the movement difference, with Last Light when you stop you have a gentle slow down > stop curve, a quick one but it's there - in 2033 when you stop you stop like you just hit a brick wall

Little things like that make LL more enjoyable for me

Both great games though

13. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    Metro 2033 ran like dog poop on my rig at that time, which turned me off completely. I might give 2033 a second change, now that my rig is up to the task. I really enjoyed Last Light though.

14. EvoHavok

EvoHavok Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 770M 3 GB
    2033 is currently in my backlog :( and I didn't play Last Light.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Hey cool, other post-apocalyptic Moscow afficionados here! Thought I was the "only" one...

same here as V@IO said, gave up on 2033 because of performance issues. But now with my new system I can truly enjoy the experience, just got past the first encounter with lurkers, ugh... bitches, as Bourbon would say ;)

I really like the game and will surely get LL as soon as I finish 2033. I think Metro games have not reviewed as good as they should.

Metro is, in a way, in a genre of it's own (tunnel survival??) and as such shouldn't be directly compared to other titles like Half-Life 2. Sure, it borrows and owes a lot to HL 2 for example, but it's still different from everything else IMO.

And that's exactly what makes it so great, especially as G*Addict and Deathchild described.

BTW I remember laughing my hat off when I read a review of 2033 stating that the "guns are very ineffective". Duh, that's the point kinda, ain't it...

edit: spelhing mishtaikes

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Big difference between 2033 and LL is melee combat introduced in LL. Where in 2033 you should throw knives or shoot with silencer in LL you can stan or kill with knife. Adds to a stealth mode. Another diff is weapon upgrade in LL.

Edit: And I descend to that metro almost every work day. And I know it for more than 30 years. Of course I have never been in tunnels, but imagination is great thing...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  17. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    If the events depicted in the series ever came to pass, metro 2033 would be the brutal, unaltered reality of what initially happened whereas LL would be a cinematic dramatization of the events that followed.

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Both games worth playing but i still feel 2033 was the better one. Maybe becouse it was the first one...

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Last Light.

2033 looks great, but the broken AI and stealth, subpar gunplay... meh.
    Last Light featured much more polished combat, working stealth mechanics and a more interesting story.

20. Famous627

Famous627 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760
    Metro 2033 is still one of my all time favorite games. I'm not saying Last Light isn't great but I preferred the subtleties in the story and the mystery of the dark ones in 2033. Some of that was lost in LL when the dark one started wearing pants.