Is Samsung S27A950D good for 3d gaming/movies at 1080p 120hz?

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by ralphjayson, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I used a colorimeter to calibrate it. I always use 120cdm as that's the "standard" for cinemas and the like.
    A brightness value of 20 won't work unless everything else gets adjusted accordingly. All the normal settings were quite bad for me but after calibration the picture is very nice.

2. Leopardos

Leopardos Guest

GPU:
    GTX 570
    Deleted

3. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    it seems like they found a way to block again the 3dvision usb emulator with the 304.xx ..... any idea?

4. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    Revert back to previous drivers? I don't know. :p
    I thought the idea for the emulator is that you must stay at the drivers the emulator was originally created for.

5. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    well, i got no probs at all until the 304.xx, with the 301.42 it still works but i wont be able to update anymore...

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Someone reported a few days ago that the latest driver doesnt support 3D, so maybe 3D is broken in this driver for some or all people.

7. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    Got this monitor today and was not impressed with the 3D I've got.
    I tried installing the emulator in the 285.xx series but the DSF installation file keeps rolling back and ending "Prematurely". The installation worked before but something changed. Either way, the emulator is not working for me. Think I need a full explainable way. I might not be doing it right.

EDIT: Changed my system to Windows 7, changed the init_x64 by removing the i/ /s letters. Works perfectly. Emulator is great. :D

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  8. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    everything i've said before should be far enough to do it correctly.(see 4/20/2012,15h33)

9. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    I've tried to install the EDID inf files for my monitor and 3D Vision through Device Manager but it keeps saying that it's already up to date. Even when I do it through "Have disk" way, it says "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible driver. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it's designed to work Windows for x64 systems" And yes, I do use a x64 Windows system. It's really confusing to set this up. Thought it was very easy.

10. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    i know where u block...
    you mustn't show him the folder, there is a square below who said something like:"choose among the list of device on my computer", then you click on "disk given" and then you specified the data. (im sorry if its not exactly written this way, im french OS ^^)

11. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    I've got the 3D Vision Emulator working by switching back to Windows 7 *Possibly confirming that it does not work with Windows 8 Release Preview* but I still cannot get the INF driver installed. :/

UPDATE: I got the modified INF files working. Just discovered that I had to go to the monitor catagory in Device Manager, and then update driver then "Let me pick from files" or something along the lines then it has "Have disk". I thought everyone meant that you go to "Add legacy hardware" because that's where I found "Have disk" and thought that's where you install it. Thank you very much! :)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Can any one of you hear the fan that's supposed to be inside the base of the monitor? I never heard mine but ran into trouble each time I used it to its full capacity (120Hz and 120fps). The first time it went away, this time it stayed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The whole picture looks like it was interlaced, low res and the colors are washed out. As the problem occurs right after I turn the screen on I'm sure it has nothing to do with my PC. The OSD won't work anymore either.

13. tx3

tx3 Guest

GPU:
    660ti
  14. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    Just a heads up, I might have found a way to significantly improve the depth and convergence on the monitor. However it makes it more darker, it is very effective. (Only tried in Alice: Madness Returns so far)

On your monitor, go to menu, then MAGIC and then Angle, choosing Standing Mode.

15. Sinean

Sinean Active Member

GPU:
    xfx 7900 xt
    S27A950D is hands down the best monitor to have for an Amd based card. Loving mine connected to my 6950 xfire setup via displayport.

16. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    How is the pixel size ( well do you see any pixel or not ? i have read some user was not happy with 1080p 27" on some model... seeing pixel )

17. echo.logic

echo.logic Guest

GPU:
    7950 1150/1650
    You could say the pixels are quite visible if you stare from up close... but since it's a 27" monitor you can push it back on your desk and the problem is solved:) The display is crisp and clear, i have the S27A750.

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Exactly, screen size only determines how far away you can sit.
    At 1080p or higher, the pixel size is a none issue unless you like turning your head a lot or getting eye strain from sitting too close.

19. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Thanks for your response ...

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I use this monitor and im very happy and strongly recommend. It dorsnt support native nvidia 3d support but u will go 3d with many games anyway. Doom bfg or crysis2 works like a charm in native 3d mode.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012