AMD AVT folder and kdbsync.exe

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Valagard, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I got this with the newest 12.3 RC modded drivers

I know its AMD Advanced Video Transcoding technology, but I would still like to know what kdbsync.exe is exactly

2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    is it running all the time?

related to the drag & drop encode feature?

3. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I dunno what it is

And yes its running all the time

4. ramik

ramik New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6450
    I updated my driver yesterday to 12.3 final, and on every boot I get an error message about kdbsync.exe:
    "The program can't start because OpenCL.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

5. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    If you are using the card listed in your specs I suspect that it is that that card is not capable of OpenCL. You could check that for sure using GPU-Z

6. ramik

ramik New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6450
    No, sorry, the signature details were for my old system, I just updated them.
    I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 6450 with 1GB ddr3, monitor connected with HDMI.

7. Marcin89

Marcin89 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680
    I geting same error with my 5870 vapor-X Sapphire graphic card.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's from that AVD thing.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD AVT\bin

I know very little about that though.
    (There's one for this AVD - transcoding and encoding I believe it was - and then there's a second for directshow or what else it did playback hardware support or some such.)

EDIT: Wait I'm being a idiot, you already knew that.

EDIT: AML Device Install?
    (That doesn't say anything to me though.)

EDIT: If it's OpenCL could it be something along the lines of Kronos Data Base or similar?
    (Unlikely, probably just relies on OpenCL for transcoding as I believe that's how it works, but what it "syncs" I still don't know.)

EDIT: Apparently does not use much resources, if it's needed for anything useful you could probably set it as "manual" in the device manager (or similar) properties and it'll boot up when needed but won't always run as soon as Windows starts up. :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  9. LDJ

LDJ Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5870
    Hello Marcin89!

I found that if I installed the AMD Media Codec: 12-3_vista_win7_32-64_xcode,
    AFTER having updated with the driver: 12-3_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc,
    it solved the problem, on my system.

I know that this thread is a couple of weeks old, but I didn't experience the error until today :)

EDIT: After a few re-boots, the problem came back :-(

Kind Regards
    LDJ

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  10. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    From everything I'm reading, this AML encoding and decoding has nothing to do with gaming performance but only with video viewing,creating,and editing. It can improve playback of HD videos but that's about all it does. Whether you want it to run automatically or not is up to you I guess but I'm leaving it on for now since it doesn't seem to have any adverse effects except for the taskbar entry on every boot up which really isn't harmful beyond maybe adding a few seconds to boot times. With 6gb of RAM, I'm not worried about resource issues either.

11. DjMytza1

DjMytza1 Guest

GPU:
    ATI RadeonSapphireHD 3870
    i had the same problem and i think i may found out a back-door solution
    you just search in Google OpenGL.dll ... download it from a site that provides dll files and copy it in system32 folder

12. BrainDedd

BrainDedd Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    The AML installer has this issue if you have Intel's OpenCL driver installed. Uninstall it from control panel and the error will go away.