AMD R9 290 or Nvidia GTX 690

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by MMXMMX, Oct 30, 2013.

1. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    What fact?Why is it rubbish?I even own an AMD card in my main rig...Oh, and another 7950 guy. I don't see any nvidia owner pointing that article as not being accurate.

What belief? I just passed the info and it looks real to me as i have checked the beta charts from Tomshardware.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Yes, I currently own an AMD card. Well, 2 actually. (coincidentally, I also own an NVidia card) In the last decade, I've owned 7 AMD cards. ATI Rage Pro, Radeon 9200SE, 9600XT, x700 Pro, HD4850, HD7870 and HD7950. In that time, I've also owned a Geforce2 MX200, MX400, 5600XT, 5700LE, 6200, 6800NU, 7600GT, 8600GT SLI, 9600GT, GTS250, GTX275, GTX460, GTX560Ti and GTX660. That's 15 NVidia cards. I wouldn't suggest trying to infer that I'm some sort of fanboy....oh ****, that's right. You were already ignorant enough to do exactly that.....

3. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    So tell me, why were you supporting Eclap? Just because he says so? You still haven't told me the fact that makes that review rubbish like he said, neither has he. But as i haven't seen any other reviews around i am using that as a direction.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I have said why it's rubbish. Not in this thread, but in the other one where you're spamming this chart. There is no way 290x is 20fps slower than the 780. In fact, multiplayer is heavily cpu dependent, if you look at their sp chart, the 290x laughs even at the titan. So do me a favor and get lost. It's not my fault you can't add 2 and 2 together.

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You're being assaulted because you're instigating argument and posting shat information, knowingly. You reported me for what? Telling the truth? You're a nonsense merchant and most of the forum well understands it.

6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    He isn't worth it mate. I know what you are, many others on here do. He's just trying overly hard to try and cause a plap storm. It's not worth it. Not for him anyway.

When things go wrong for him he claims to be the poor misunderstood guy. It's gone on for too long. I'm not the only one sick of his plap.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    lol...

Go have a read....

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=382066

Your chart shows higher framerates, than were achieved by another site that used a faster system....

Tom's Hardware...is hardly a reliable source of information. They're well known for tailoring stories to increase their hit count and fudging their benchmark results.

Oh yeah, lets look at the results, broken down by processor. The results with the FX8350 should be pretty similar, regardless of graphics card. Yet, your chart is showing more than a 30% difference between the 290X and GTX770 with the 8350 at stock clocks. Considering other sites are only showing a 10% difference between the 7970GE and GTX780 when used on an SB-E platform....the difference shown in your chart is impossible. The results for the FX8350 with the 280X and 290X as well as the 770 and 780, indicate that the processor is a bottleneck, which means the 4 cards should show similar performance, not more than a 30% benefit for the 770 over the 290X. The same trend is present with the 4670K.... If the processor is bottlenecking a slower card...it will do the same to a faster card.

8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    If I remember he argued the toss in that thread also.

9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    3DPlayer - you have been topic of discussion amongst the moderators many times over the past few weeks now. Now I personally stepped in and halted you from being banned today as there's more going on then you just posting near borderline troll posts.

Your attitude is slowly but steadily upsetting the community hence why the rest of the forum members jump on you even for the slightest offset remarks.

So please consider this a fair warning, but that also goes for the rest of the community. Have a little more patience and respect for each other. If this doesn't resolve itself we will have to respect the opinion for the majority of users. But guys, that doesn't mean you can attack him for even the most simple comments.

H.

10. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    OP i would wit until mantle is released then make a decision. Also by the time we should get some nice custom cooler 290x's :)

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    While I believe Mantle may bring some nice performance gains in the games that it gets used in, I don't expect it to push the 290X past the GTX690's performance even in those games. My suggestion, at this point, is to hold your ground until vram or performance becomes an issue unless you just simply want to get away from multi-GPU.

12. shredderman

shredderman Active Member

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060 12GB
    Unless you want to wait till a stable driver comes out for these new GPU's then I'd say leave it, Nvidia already have solid drivers at the moment that really make their GPU's stand out.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Nothing wrong with AMD drivers.

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    To clarify this a bit. There's nothing wrong with AMD drivers for dedicated graphics. For integrated graphics, under the right circumstances, the drivers are a bit wonky.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    wouldn't know about that tbh, but the op is not looking for an integrated solution anyway.

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I must say the last 2 WHQL's from Nvidia have been crap in BF4. For me the 331.40 beta works flawlessly with all games. Nvidia's drivers are hit and miss atm for me anyhow. I couldnt give a toss about Shadowplay or Geforce experience as long as the drivers are working which should be Nvidia's priority but this hasnt been the case over the last few months.

17. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    No reason to change from 690 unless you have a game that uses up more than the 2GB VRAM the 690 provides.

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I don't believe that chart and I have nvidia cards. I would only post proof from reputable sources. But thats just me

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I pointed out the inacuracy of that article in another thread that you posted it in. (Looks to the left) yep I have a pair of nvidia cards. The site you are referencing is dodgy to say the least.

20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Guys, lets get this thread back on track.