Battlefield 3: Crashes - disconnects - getting kicked

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by slick3, Oct 27, 2011.

1. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I am quite surprised that no one opened a thread on this. Is any1 else in this forums having problems like that in the game ? I am very disappointed myself, since i bought the game i have not been able to play one match online. Almost 2 days have passed and i have 2 kills so far .... I have tried EVERY possible thing including :

1)Updating PB manually
    2)Updating PB using the setup
    3)Using PB files from the beta
    4)Disabling UPnp
    5)Port Fowarding
    6)Disabling firewalls
    7)Tried various internet browsers
    8)Tried various drivers
    9)Changed in-game settings ... audio and video
    10)Re-Installed the game
    11)Re-downloaded the game
    12)Re-installing Windows
    13)Repaired the game

Nothing seems to work !!! THAT is frustrating, when you spend $60 on a game .... you expect ..... to, well, play it !!! Any1 have had similar issues ? If so did you get it fixed ?

2. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I had the same issue as you, but repairing the game fixed it for me.

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yes its helped me also,but i still crash from time to time,but its better than before.

4. ReLaps3

ReLaps3 Banned

GPU:
    XFX HD5770 1gig ddr5
    I cant say Ive had any crashes on BF3 but I have been randomly disconnected from servers as well as the log in server, but its been only a few times.

5. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    I have been kicked out a few times but that is normal for new games till they release a patch or two...

6. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Especially EA games. They are known to have plenty of issues at release with their games.

7. Paladinchan

Paladinchan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3
    so i did a repair.. now all it says "ready to install" and ive clicked on it 6 times and it keeps going back ... /cry

Edit:

and i fixed it lmao

Also something i did is in your original BF3 folder i deleted all the files in the _install folder except the folders inside

Linky

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  8. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790

i did the repair and now everytime it checks the date, the program just shuts off and never activates my game.

i tried those tips, and it didn't work :/

EDIT: Don't try the fix Paladinchan mentioned, about deleting the files in the _installer folder. it doesnt work.

the best way to fix this, is to login to battlelog and join a server. it will ask you to activate and the screen will dissappear like before. but afterwards you will be able to join a server normally.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  9. Paladinchan

Paladinchan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3
    garrr.. i was just kickin butt in a server with a LAV.. then it discoed me.. like 5K of points.. gone

10. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    Yeah I have encountered some issues.

-Screen flickering green & red (Using Catalyst 11.9)
    -Occasional hitching while FPS is moderately high (Even with raw mouse disabled)
    -Crash to desktop
    -Game locking up
    -Lost connection to server
    -Kicked
    -Lag on 32 person & 64 person severs (Playing TDM just to enjoy MP on a BF game, go figure)

Also my Steelseries 6GV2 (mechanical keyboard) experiences key blocking in this game. Sometimes I'll be walking forward while strafing and suddenly stop dead in my tracks wondering "WTF I can't move!" until I lift my finger off of W before pressing it again.

I heard using a PS/2 adapter allows full NKRO (N Key Roll Over) so I'll try that.

Anyways it seems I don't like this game as much as I want to. Mainly because I don't like most of the maps and find the vaulting to be clunky.

I just want to jump over an object without being locked into an animation that fails often.

Aside from that I think I'm just too used to BFBC2 and it's "unrealism" throwing C4's at a ridiculous range, shotty sniping & shotty quick switching (reload cancel), rockets blowing up vehicles (besides tanks) in 1 hit..then again all of this is gone for the better and I should try to get used to it.

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Interesting...the game said it was up to date...but decided to do a repair just for giggles...It's now downloading an update after it finished the repair...

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Getting the whole time "your were disconnect from the login server"

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    lol

yeah the same for me.

14. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 4080
    Don't know if this was mentioned somewhere else or not, but this was posted 3 days ago on Battlelog news post.

ONLINE PORTS FOR BATTLEFIELD 3
    By: trydling Posted: 3 days ago 495 comments

If you are playing on PC, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
    TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-29999, 22990, 17502, 42127
    UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

If you are playing on PS3, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
    TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-19999, 17502, 42127
    UDP: 3659, 14000-14016

If you are playing on Xbox 360, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
    TCP: 53, 88, 3074
    UDP: 53, 88, 3074

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ [portforward.com] or contact your router manufacturer.

15. Olabil

Olabil Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC Geforce 780Ti
    I've still got this problem, although it is nowhere as extreme as it used to be during the Beta. I googled for hours trying to find out where the problem lied; at first i thought it was my overclocked CPU not getting enough vcore, so i raised that. No improvements, except in temperature :p

Later on i found a tip where you disabled some services in Windows.
    It didn't remove the problem, but I can play for long sessions now without getting the disconnect.

• Go into services.msc (run-> Services.msc) and STOP the following services:
    • UPnP Device Host
    • SNMP Trap
    • After this go into your network and sharing center, then click that you want to change/modify advanced settings for sharing. Disable Network recognition (the first one.)
    For some reason my windows language is set to norwegian so some of the 'terms' used in this little howto may be off.. just ask if you need me to explain further..

Let me know if this helped. Good luck with this extremely frustrating bug!

16. stew120

stew120 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 470
    BF3 Disconnects

Hi guys,

This is my first time posting here and i signed up to reply to this thread! So i hope this is worth it.

I have a NETGEAR WNDR37000 Router, I logged into it and it promted me to update. I read the new fixes and one of them was for BF3 disconnection issues. It fixed it immediatly, and it works a charm. I was having the same issues being dropped, kicked and disconnected from server. Now i think its just our routers need updating.

I got onto it because someone suggested turning off the UPnP...

Let me know if this helps! Cheers!

17. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    i'll try that when i get home from work hope it works:D

18. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    It was very kind of you, but it got fixed by itself .... or maybe one of my thousands of fixes that i tried did the job ... Thanks anyway

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  20. st0nez

st0nez Guest

GPU:
    R290/4GB
    Definitely check your firewalls. I had stupidly told it to block Bf3 and tried EVERYTHING to get it working before I checked firewalls settings :bang: