Rivatuner 2.10 released

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    Wow, what's all that about? :vader:

The reasons of EULA change are censored in the forum, sorry. That's Hilbert's personal wish so respect it please, no politcs related discussions are allowed here in this forum. So please once again, respect forum rules. The comments can be found there:

http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33930301

No more questions about in in this thread please.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  2. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    Downer.......thanks tho.

What does everyone use with Riva to access these?

3. eduardmc

eduardmc Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLI 900/1800/4200
    now that it support 4870x2, can i use the d3doverride feature to get vsync working on gears of war?

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

D3DOverrrider is not a low-level tool and it doesn't depend on hardware at all. So yes, it should work.

5. eduardmc

eduardmc Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLI 900/1800/4200
    will it affect anything is i leave it on all the time to play different games, because i don't want to enable and disable it everything i have to play gears of war.

6. Unwinder

Yes, it may affect some games and applications. For example, some games can suffer from forcing triple buffering and refuse to run (e.g. Flatout : Ultimate Carnage), also some application's protection system may dislike D3DOverrider's attempt to inject the code into their processes. But there is profiles system available to you can always add such applications to the exceptions list. Current exceptions list contains the most of such applications, if you find anything else - feel free to report and they'll be added to the exceptions list in future versions.

7. Deerhunter716

Deerhunter716 New Member

Fixed Fan Control not working

Riva is working great except for the fan control. I have it set to keep it fixed at 33% on my 4870 and it keeps decreasing still until it hits 30% then stops. Wonder if you can only set it in increments of 5%?

8. Unwinder

Just a few posts above, answers all your questions:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2827035&postcount=12

9. Deerhunter716

Deerhunter716 New Member

Thanks a ton. Yeah tried that also and not able to figure it out and it kept pushing the fan to like 65% even though I changed the values for all temps to 33. Will read more closely later to see if I can figure out the settings to keep the fan at 33% all of the time. Thanks - great tool; I just have to educate myself a bit more, hehe

10. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Editing "auto fan speed control rule", if you forget some changes you have done, and want it back to default, is that possible? If yes, how?

Edit: Yes, it's possible :p

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008

11. Fornowagain

Fornowagain Member

GPU:
    5870 CF
  12. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Hmm, i still don't quite understand why the % sometimes goes from ex. if you set it at 33% it goes down to 30%?

13. DAMAFIA

DAMAFIA Guest

GPU:
    7970@1180/1800
    thanx thanx

nice one was jus thinkin ther wud prolly be a new one soon and there it is thanx unwinder this is the best gfx utility tool ive used.. nvstrap had me hooked since my 6 serise

thats how i do it very simple to set up 3d/675/1666/2053 ...2d/182/450/640 just a shame nvidia messed it up

14. Unwinder

Interesting. The screenshot on the xtremesystems forum link you've provided shows fan settings, specific for ADT7473 sensor. So RT detected the external sensor properly and it can only mean that the sensor is connected to one of standard DDC I2C bus (which is fully supported by RivaTuner). At the same time, the sensor is connected to additional generic I2C bus (which is currently not supported neither by RT nor by any other diagnostic software) on some other X2s. So it looks like depending on PCB design you may be either lucky or not.

15. Deerhunter716

Deerhunter716 New Member

Yeah got me. I even did the power user fix and kept the fan % changing in range from 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 and when I hit apply BAM the fan goes right into the 60% range even though I clearly changed it. Oh well.

16. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    You probably have to set PWM mode = 3 not 2.

I just don't get why some % doesn't apply. Like 30 goes to 29 and so forth.. Not that it's a big deal but...

T Slope also, it seems to apply to any setting under fans, like i cannot set T Slope to 8, it goes straight to 7 if i hit apply, hmm.

17. Unwinder

Once again, fan controller's parameters cannot be represented in exact 1% steps. Many of 'em are internally defined in PWM ticks, meaning that adjustment step is equal 1/Duty_cycle_max. For example, if Duty_cycle_max is equal to 3 it means that whole PWM period is split into 3 ticks and all all duty cycle related parameters can be set only to 0 ticks = 0/3 = 0%, 1 ticks = 1/3 = 33.3%, 2/3 = 66.6% and 3/3 = 100%. In this case you cannot set any other values, e.g 50%, it will be truncated to the closest possible value.

18. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400
    Selecting "Show effective memory clock frequency" in Ati low level overclocking properties has a little bug with 4870 and ddr5. The resulting frequency should be multiplied by 4, not by the usual 2 (as in ddr2 and ddr3 case).

19. Unwinder

Thank for reporting, I totally forgot to add x4 multiplier for DDR5. Will fix it in new version, thanks again.

20. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400
    thank YOU for your great software :).