Mafia 2 PhysX Problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by VMax Tuner, Aug 10, 2010.

1. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
  2. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    good find asder

got 5870 Cf setup and game runs average 50/60 fps @ 2560 x 1600 wihout physx

when i turn physx on my fps goes from 70 to 30 fps in benchmark....

3. VMax Tuner

VMax Tuner Guest

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 3090
  4. VMax Tuner

VMax Tuner Guest

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 3090
    So I was just testing this new PhysX Software 9.10.513 and it didn`t gave any FPS boost on my system but I think thats due to bad SLI-scaling on my rig. But I noticed the FPS are more settled, not those weird jumps we`ve seen. Seems smoother overall!

I would like to see some results of people running graphics and PhysX on the same GPU, my guess is that in this case the new software will give some additional FPS.

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Testing it now (GTX 260 physx and graphics)

€: much, much better ;)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  6. VMax Tuner

VMax Tuner Guest

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 3090
    Nice! So it seems to help! So now we just have to wait for some new ForceWare drivers which are having optimizations for Mafia 2....maybe the Demo gets updated by 2K Games as well (which I doubt because its just the Demo).

Cheers!
    :cheers:

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    They already did that. The demo got an update today, I haven't tested it so far though. Also Nvidia drivers 259.12 and 259.31 should have a profile for Mafia 2.

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    ..The Update is just 513 Physx fix..see 3rd dir..

9. cat_fish_1

cat_fish_1 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI|GTX 260 Physx
    Mine keeps freezing after 2-4 minutes of gameplay, so odd.

10. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Ok, well. I guess then I won't need to try it out and see what's new. I already tried the demo with 513 and the problems remained (after solving the problem Physx was running on CPU I still get highly fluctuacting frame rates and GPU utilization).

11. VMax Tuner

VMax Tuner Guest

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 3090
    Well I`ve tried the Demo after the update and the only thing I can say is that I haven`t found a bit that changed with the update. Performance is the same so is the demo.

Cheers!
    :cheers:

12. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    Ive tried all suggestions on this thread and I cant get Physx to run on my GPU.

[EDIT] GPUZ reports my GPU doesnt have PHYSX and is running on PCI Express 1.1 instead of PCI Express 2.0

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  13. WacKEDmaN

WacKEDmaN Guest

i dunno whats been going on...but if i set physx to my GTX470..and run apex on High in game..physx indicator says GPU..then i get hardly any useage on my 470 (15 to 30% max!) and my CPU is maxed out..

but if i run physx set to my 9400GT..i get 70-80% usage on the 470 and about 92% usage on the 9400..and cpu usage drops to about half...

im using 259.31s and the .513 physx...

its weird aswell...sometimes ill run the benchmark and get fps of over 60..and other times ill get constant 20 WITH THE SAME SETTINGS! (im restarting the game every time i make a change)..

i think this demo is really, really buggy and not worth wasting any time with...hopefully they'll get it sorted before the games release

if gpuz cant see physx then it hasnt been installed correctly...

from what ive read.. Apex on Medium requires atleast a GTX470..High requires a dedicated 470 for physx..maybe why you cant get it to run on your 280...and may have somethin to do with my issues!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2010
  14. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    Ive uninstalled Physix completely through your uninstaller 2010 and driver sweeper and reinstalled it. Also its just not Apex physix is running on my CPU but all other physix enabled games show that my CPU is being used for physx. Ive enabled the OSD to show wether the GPU or CPU is being used for Physx.

15. VMax Tuner

VMax Tuner Guest

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 3090
    Hmm weird, but your card is in the right PCI-E slot right?! And I guess drivers for MB, GPU and PhysX Software are up to date as well.

Did it ran already or you never had PhysX running on your GPU?!

16. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    Yes both PCI Express slots are v2.0 and both are 16x. I had it running with Physix won a dedicated 8800GTX for a while but the 8800GTX died a month ago. I also had Physx running on this GTX280 before. But I think my motherboard might be starting to kick the bucket. Its getting slower every day with the past two weeks and its starting to hang on me when its stressed enough. All drivers for motherboard , GPU and Physx are up to date.

I am about to reinstall windows 7 though because thats gone funny on me also which could also be causing the hangups and slowdowns. Ive tested for spyware , viruses and trojans with nothing present.

EDIT I got the PHYSX working on my GPU after a clean windows install.

17. VMax Tuner

VMax Tuner Guest

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 3090
    Yeah the good old Windows...as always full of surprises!!!

:eek:c:

18. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    This motherboard and CPU is full of surprises also. Its not doing so well lately. I think I am due an upgrade :)

19. VMax Tuner

VMax Tuner Guest

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 3090
    Tried a new BIOS?! But I hope your board doesn`t turn out to be like my old
    ASUS Striker Extreme, man that board was the crapiest piece of hardware I ever
    had. ASUS are making very good parts most of the time, but sometimes they are building scrap with a high price-tag on. Probably when QA is on vacation...

20. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    I have the newest bios installed. This motherboard and CPU is three years old at this stage anyway and its been used a lot. I have a good laptop just in case this dies anyway.