[Application] Color Sustainer - ICC Profile Enforcer

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by yasamoka, Feb 3, 2014.

?

Do you use Color Sustainer in Global mode or in Mode-specific mode (v1.03.1+) ?

1. Global mode

34 vote(s)
    65.4%
  2. Mode-specific mode

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. A mix of the two

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
  1. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    PowerStrip works better but I can't for the life of me figure out where it saves its profiles....

Help?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  2. Vercinaigh

Vercinaigh Guest

GPU:
    290x Crossfire
    Giving simple pokes really was all it was. Simple feedback back and fourth keeping fresh attention on it. People forget ****, easily, and all the time. Say whatever you like and make whatever mountain out of a mole hill any of you would like to make it. but there was zero malicious intention on my part. Whether or not i bought anything is literally irrelevant and makes the response no less juvenile.

And this is where I peace out of this conversation, nothing worthwhile left here, better **** to do.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  3. Noshuru

Noshuru Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Hi,
    I found this post of yours and I'd like some clarification:
    forums.guru3d (dot) com/showpost.php?p=4740861&postcount=599
    What you seem to be saying is that using an ICC profile with an nvidia card will result in color banding, since nvidia cards use 8-bit LUTs rather than 10-bit LUTs. Did I understand that correctly?

4. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Hi guys, I have a question: is this tool helpful for keeping the ICC profile after playing a game and going back to the desktop? Everytime the color profile of my XB270HU resets and I have to set everything from scrap. Very, very annoying. Using Win 10.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I notice this happening in Win 10 with Sustainer. But Color Profile Keeper seems to work OK in 10 and holds ICC profile when exiting from a game.

http://goebish.free.fr/cpk/

6. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    I have 1 game in Win7 that resets sustainer, or I have to "stop" and "start" it to get it to work again.

7. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
    I can't detect resolutions. Why?

[​IMG]

8. hajosattila

hajosattila Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1070
    Not detect monitor :( (Windows 10 64bit)

9. supermang

supermang Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan
    Hey all, does anyone have any experience using this program with Guild Wars 2 full screen? My color profile resets back whenever the game starts.

10. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Happens with some games.

Sometimes it helps if you alt tab when you are in game, right click Color Sustainer icon, click stop, click start, alt tab back to game.

Also if its possible to run GW2 in windowed fullscreen try that.

11. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but after I switched from DVI over to a Displayport cable, Color Sustainer won't detect my monitor. I have my monitor connect via displayport and my plasma TV via HDMI. After some troubleshooting and trying different displayports the only way I can make Color Sustainer detect my monitor was to unplug the HDMI cable going to my TV or run the monitor setup in duplicate or extend mode which sucks since it limits my refresh-rate to the maximum refresh-rate of my TV, 60Hz.

Is there any way to force the software to detect my monitor while still keeping my displayport and hdmi cables plugged in? I tried some other software, CPKeeper, and it detects my monitor just fine, but it's not as good as Color Sustainer. Any suggestions would be helpful.

EDIT: I think I found the culprit and it isn't fixable. My GPU, Gigabyte GTX 970 G1, has some dual bios garbage and multi-display crap and it pretty much makes all the display ports and hdmi cable linked which forces the ICC color profiles on both displays even though they are different. The only way I can use different ICC profiles for my TV and my monitor is to continue to use DVI for my monitor and HDMI for my TV. Kind of lame, Gigabyte!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  12. hajosattila

hajosattila Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1070
    same here... (EVGA GTX970 SC)

13. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    How do I get this to work in Win10?
    First it says missing msvcr100.dll, I have it but still says that, I tried copying that .dll to same folder with sustainer but now it says "application was unable to start correctly".

Edit: got it to work, had to give access to all folders, had to move folder from program files to C: root.

Yeah this win10... wtf.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  14. dana87

dana87 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 G1
    color sustainer not retaining profiles after every reboot

Hey,

so I've used Color Sustainer for a few years now and never had this problem before. I recently did a fresh Windows 10 installation but now after every reboot Color Sustainer forgets my profiles and gives me the 'first time settings' window after I log in.
    It still starts automatically but all my settings are gone as if I just installed the program.

I have run Color sustainer before on windows 7 and 10 and after setting up my profile configs, the program would always start minimized and load my profiles automatically without any problem. Only after this fresh install am I encountering this problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue? both "run on startup" options are checked fyi

thanks

15. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Check my message on top of yours.

16. flighterpilot

flighterpilot Guest

GPU:
    980 Ti
    Hi yasamoka

I just made an account specifically to say thank you for this program. I have a monitor with really terrible gamma (Dell S2716DG), and your work has helped me immensely in preventing buyer's remorse.

Again, great work and thank you!

17. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Apologize if this has been asked before. Is Color Sustainer required if one is using the option in DisplayCal to "enforce" a color profile?

18. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Color Sustainer offers specific features, such as applying different color profiles for different display modes on the same monitor, inspired by such need on the Korean monitors that gamma shift when overclocked (~2013-2015).

Color profile enforcing on DisplayCAL is a relatively new feature and I haven't experimented much with it. If it works for your needs, then by all means use whichever tool suits you best. Do tell me how it goes.

If you have multiple monitors, it would be interesting to see if DisplayCAL handles that well. This feature was of primary focus in Color Sustainer, as the only other application at the time of development to offer rudimentary multi-monitor support was CPKeeper, and it used to confuse monitors if switched around or if it was started with multiple monitors then one was disabled (or vice-versa).

19. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    I need help. I tried it and it worked. Unfortunately it made everything darker. And I mean everything in everywhere. But I can't get it back to how it was before. How is that even possible?

20. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Does anyone know (or developer) if this app can be controlled via command line?

Would i be able to run commands via a bat file execution?

Thx for input