kepler boost doesn't work with 314.14-314.22 drivers

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Glottiz, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    hi,

ever since nvidia released 314.14 driver, kepler boost and "apply overclocking at system startup" function doesn't work properly for me (this includes 314.21 and the new 314.22). after every boot my card doesn't go above 1050Mhz, when in fact it should be doing 1280Mhz as it always did. i have a Asus GTX670 DC2 TOP.

to fix this on every boot i have to press load profile button, hit apply and then kepler boost starts working again. this is very tedious and often i forgot to do it and lose many fps in games.

i tried 2.31 and 3.0.0 beta7 version of afterburner. also did fresh windows 7 install, didn't help. i don't know if this is afterburner problem, or nvidia driver problem, or both. i'm out of ideas. i even tried win8 and had same issue.

i've used MSI Afterburner for years on various cards and never had a problem such as this. :(

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    it is true, i have to install this time again everytime after restart so the boost will work. it gonna be fixed in the next set.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Driver issue, must be fixed from driver side, no fixes from AB side expected.
    In meanwhile you can assign a hotkey to profile, it is much easier to apply OC this way than load profile via GUI & hit Apply. Even if you forgot to OC, you can apply it via hotkey without leaving a game.

4. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Can't confirm that here. My two 660ti go to full boost as it should be.

Edit: Nevermind, it's a bit too early in the morning. I didn't modify the clocks with AB, the regular factory overclock is enough, and that works.

5. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    thanks for your reply. i'll do that.