Bend it like Samsung - New Galaxy IV may have unbreakable screen

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nice but .. a bigger display? Oh c'mon Sammy!

3. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    We'll see if SGS4 will have such screen. It would be easier to carry bigger phones if they could bend a little.

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Was interested in the GSIV but these words made *facepalm* "bigger screen" really Samsung is that all you can do how about take the current form factor of the GS3 and redesign the screen to hav full RGB pixels and then push up the ppi. Most people don't want to put a 5" or larger display in their pocket.

5. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    But the real question is: Will it blend?

Good for them, this is one idea that will surely push other developers forward.

6. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Planning to make my SGS3 the last mobile phone I ever have, as it's really just a pocket computer.
    Used to dream of having such a thing as a kid, when I used to immerse myself in Science Fiction.
    But now all that 'fiction' is actual 'fact.' :)

7. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    you'll upgrade in like 5 years, we all do

8. Andrés

Andrés Guest

At this point, we could as well ask: will it run Crysis? :)

9. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    The Galaxy S IV is also expected to have bigger and better display, powerful quad-core processing power and a 13-megapixel camera, with picture density improving to 441 pixels per inch (ppi), a big improvement from the Galaxy S III's 306 ppi and better than the iPhone 5's 326 ppi.

ofc if thoses spec are true. ( well looking they have use a 2560x1600 res on the 10.1 inch Nexus 10.. i m nearly sure Samsung will use high res too on the S4.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  10. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    The DPI on Galaxy Note II is enough (on S3 the pixels aren't RGB, so there's room for improvement). Going beyond that is a little over the top.

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Wouldn't mind an unbreakable screen after standing on my S2.

12. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    As many as 5! I upgrade every 2 years, couldn't see myself sticking with the same phone for 5 though lol

13. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    After having my GS2 for 18 months or so now, I've realized a Nokia 3210 does me just fine, all I want is texting and phoning. I always avoid using the phone for stuff because it's just easier to do it at home on the PC. Games suck on a touch screen, browsing the net is **** on a touch screen, the signal and phone quality is crap on these smart Phones and texting sucks on a touch screen.

Why do phones all get rid of the keypad now? It's much better than using the screen.

14. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    because Jobs wanted to .

15. -=WolverinE=-

-=WolverinE=- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX560Ti DirectCu II
    But now he's dead...

16. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    To the complaints about screen size:

Chances are the form factor will remain as it is, so the phone will not become any larger. However recently there has been lots of interest in the reduction of bezel sizes, going as far as to design prototype "bezel-less" phones where the entire front is one large screen with barely any border. We seem to be moving in this direction.

17. DethZero

DethZero Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC2
    Good! it will be out just in time for my to get of the crappy motorola bionic and get the samsung g s4 next year. Wifey just got the s3 about a month ago, that phone is awesome.

18. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Preference. I can use the touch screen just fine and type faster than I did on a phone's keypad.

I'm glad the keypad is gone, very inefficient use of space. Made room for larger screens.

19. General Stalin

General Stalin Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD6990
    I personally used to always HATE touch screens typing and the idea of using one just seemed stupid to me... then I got a Galaxy Nexus and realize that typing on screen is way faster and easier (for me). Go figure...

Regardless, I'm glad to see Samsung continuing to rise (and Apple continuing to fall hehehe...) as they have put out a lot of stellar tech the past several years. Can't wait to see flexible unbreakable screens on the next Nexus device ;). From here on out I will be buying my phones outright assuming I stick with Verizon for the forseeable future. I'm grandfathered into the $30/month unlimited data plan and if I upgrade my device through VeriZon and renew my contract then I will be forced onto a tiered plan. F that.

20. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Woops, I meant to add "max". :(