What would you wear to a Home Depot interview?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Raiden007, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raiden007

Raiden007 Guest

I have an interview tomarrow at Home Depot. I was planning on just wearing like a sweater and jeans, but I dunno now. What would you guys wear? My last employer, Abercrombie didn't really have strict interviews you just kind walk in...so I don't know. My parents said a sweater and pants too. Just wanted other opinions, I really need this job and I don't want to go underdressed.

rAid

2. Martys Web

Martys Web Don Santino Corleone

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    Overalls with paint splaters on them and a tool belt. :D They will see you as a person who knows Tools and paint and be impressed.

If you dress to spiffy they will think you do not know what end of a hammer to use. So how could you help people out when they ask a queston about tools and paint.

3. GTa86

GTa86 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 7850
    wear khaki's instead of jeans...

4. Martys Web

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    Also I would put some sawdust in my pocket so I had the smell of lumber. then they would also think I knew about lumber to:D

5. Raiden007

Raiden007 Guest

lol Marty, classic. Yes, I'll show up w/ a tool belt on and a few power tools and a couple sawhorses. I can't lose!

6. Martys Web

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    "O" and you want to also impress them about hardware to so you want to have a bolt fall out of your pocket and when you pick it up say something like opps I droped my 5/8's inch fine thread machine screw. Then they will say wow he knows hardware to :D

7. GTa86

GTa86 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 7850
    work gloves in ur back pocket...and steel toe boots...as well.....
    :D

8. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

when you dress for an interview allways dress a little better than your expected to show up for work. Jeans are not probably a great way to go, but that also depends on the interviewer.
    If you know your stuff and your polite you should do fine

9. Raiden007

Raiden007 Guest

Had the interview, went really good. I wore button down shirt under a sweater and some khakis and nice shoes. Every question I was like: "Bham, you mother!" and the woman was like "Aww hell ya". So yah, I think it went well.

RaiD

10. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

lemme know when you get your employee discount, cuz man I can send you a list of stuff I'd like to get a mile long.

11. hazindu

hazindu Guest

When I once applied at home depot(long time ago), after watching the intro video, I got the impression that to make a good first impression one must wear(assuming the "one" is a male) a pink g-string, a tank top, and a sign on your back with an arrow pointing down that says, "don't judge me just put it here". I wasn't upset that I never got the call.

OK, seriously, I have a friend that works there, he said he just wore casual dress(wtf that means). I think he said khakies and a nice polo shirt tucked in. oh yeah, if you can always wear nice shoes. Not sure why, I guess all employers are queers with a foot fetish.

12. Raiden007

Raiden007 Guest

lol Starting pay is 6 to 7 an hour, I hope it's closer to 7. I need money.

RaiD

13. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Well considering minimum wage is $7.25 in your state I'm better it'll be $7.25 an hour.

14. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    LOL talk about thread resurrection :|

15. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    what? why?

16. Aenygma

Aenygma Active Member

I knew it was a mistake wearing that Lowes Knows t-shirt. Damn, need to write this stuff down for next time.

17. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    Seven years on you would hope the wage was higher than $7 an hour!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.