Windows: Line-Based vs. Message Signaled-Based Interrupts. MSI tool.

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by mbk1969, May 7, 2013.

1. Hello Agent A01, I did installed the drivers the latest from the AMD, but it seems that it still showing me 3 AHCI sata drivers and from 2006 lol ^^,

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Don`t look in IRQ tree for a device. Switch to normal devices by connection view - are there 3 SATA controllers?
    As for 2006 in MS drivers it doesn`t mean the actual date of drivers. MS just uses that date to mark their drivers. Also generic SATA driver could actually be from 2006 because it complies with generic SATA specification.

And about multiple IRQs in MSI mode - this is not a bug. Device can utilize several MSI "channels" for different purposes like various types of messages.

Paste here device ID for the SATA controller.

3. Lemme upload here the connection device view, of my device manager

1- first picture:
    [​IMG]

2- Second Picture:
    [​IMG]

And once again, i cannot be more happy by having people so kind like you Mbk and Agent, You guys don't realize how grateful is this, i mean i feel like covered that i can ask for help sometimes, but of course i always tried to do self test to avoid asking questions every time, also by searching info by myself , another thing that is drving me crazy maybe is that my Windows wich is LTSB 1607, 14393,118 maybe i need to only install updates built in 14393.118? instead of 14393.390, or 14393,500? maybe thats the reason why my windows 10 feels lag? or maybe my SSD or Power supply is getting faulty tons of things

My windows version
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2017
  4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    See - only one SATA controller. And device Id - ?

5. Actually there a 3 i forget to show the pci bridges and stuff here:
    And to check the device id, is that option that says hardware ids?

[​IMG]

6. And this is weird i do have like 5 or 6 high definition audio controllers i've unistalled all of them to just leave the Realtek, but after i reboot the pc, they reinstalled.

had to edit this, because image is not showing
    [​IMG]

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Then may be your motherboard has two additional SATA controllers (probably from other vendors).
    Update:
    So you can install ASMedia drivers for them or if you do not connect drives to them you better disable them in BIOS.

For device Id go to device properties dialog - to Details tab - and choose "Device ID" in combobox. You can even copy to clipboard from there.

Update: As for high definition audio devices just ignore them in device manager. Go to playback devices dialog and disable all output devices you do not use.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017

8. Well actually i was looking for that Option in my bios ASMedia but seems that there are not option at all, even when i check the manual bios, it was there in the manual bios, but not in my bios o.o or maybe im missing something

Bro there are no Device ID in my windows 10, i attached the pictureS:
    from device description to driver key
    [​IMG]

from driver key to pci base class:
    [​IMG]

from Pci base class to {80909]:
    [​IMG]

And from {80909} to {6a3343} see there are no DEVICE ID xD!

[​IMG]

9. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I've been following this for the last few days and it looks to me like it could be one of those cases where you have to extract the driver files and manually search and install them via device manager. I don't have a Ryzen system so this may not be the case, but it could be worth a try if the AMD installer isn't do things correctly.

As for the Device ID, you can try looking in the "Events" tab or under the "Hardware Ids" drop down under the Details tab.

10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Maybe it the same as Intel chipset drivers where you add switch -overall to force new driver (setup.exe -overall).
    Not sure what command AMD would use but read any documentation that comes with it.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Sorry, it should be "Hardware IDs".
    If you do not see ASMedia controllers in BIOS then you can disable them in Device manager.
    As for drivers - just leave AMD SATA controller with MS drivers (they are good).

12. sata 1
    [​IMG]

sata 2
    [​IMG]

sata 3
    [​IMG]

And its okay buddy i learn something new n.n, but i will be looking again in bios to see if there any Asmedia, activate, also this V9 case has no 3.0 front panel usb, and then i will be using this amd drivers 2006 MS

13. Yeah i use to do that with intel, when comes to install the AHCI drivers to avoid the STORAGE funtions, i just installed the AHCI.INF without any problems

But for AMD is like different =/

I think my problem cam be either the Electricity at home... or the SSD or the POWER SUPPLY .. because my pc experience become more smooth at 2 am, but not 100% it keeps the problems

Here in Venezuela we dont have copper wire cables in the wallet outlets.. is like funny because we buy those plastic outlets, that comes with the (ground 3 pin connector) but, is like fake but as i said there are not ground u.u

Also im using a skinny power cord, connect to the wallet, and in that skinny power cord, I connected an extension cord, then in that extension cord, i put my Monitor+cpu+ something called Voltage Regulator <--- this not aconditioner the electricity just is like regulator in case the electricity went off, this cheap product.. avoid a high pitch voltage when electricity comes, but thats all actually is like not so useful..

But yeah i guess i would love to see if a day i can have those internet things Power conditioner that seems to stabilized Electricity frequencies to 60 hertz, and to keep voltages 110-120 steady, also by adding ground to all the wall outlets, i dont i really love to have a really performance pc, i always try my best, like to do research, but im so limited here in my country

I always check for have everything very well seat and connected when come to pc things, cleaning, :(

14. Sorry for spamm third comment in a row

But i guess i found the culprit , I always use to install all my OS through an USB driver maybe that was the problem of lacking performance, and I always make my usb drivers booteable with RUFUS

And i always leave everything default like this: an example of windows 10 iso
    This is the way i use to prepare my usb as a boot-able driver
    [​IMG]

Now i saw some forums that people say if you have a UEFI system, and modern, i should use GPT scheme for UEFI instead, and set to FAT32, like a pc more update than 2014, so what about if try to, GPT for uefi, a configuration like this?
    Here i made a gif of what im explaining:
    GIF is safe its with gyazo app

https://i.gyazo.com/8aa860f390b825bea826b3e3444231f7.mp4

And here the picture:
    [​IMG]

15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Just open msinfo32 and check 'Bios Mode' under System summary..

If it says UEFI you're fine.

RUFUS first mode you can boot into legacy OR UEFI installer.. But you have to explicitly choose whichever you want via bios boot menu.

16. Oh thought the rufus thing would help, i just installed this OS with the default format NTFS+mbr, sigh.....

Something that i notice is that in my bios asrock ab350 fatality k4 gaming which says UEFI, the mouse cursor is like 10-15 fps, super lag, also the keyboard itself when changing or moving options, tried already different keyboard, mouse, bios upgrade etc.

Gosh i feel to problematic u.u

This is my msinfo32
    [​IMG]

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Looks fine to me..

Btw 'low fps' in BIOS is normal.

It will never be smooth like windows.

18. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    VEN_1022 is AMD
    VEN_1B21 is ASMedia

So you have two AMD SATA controllers and one Asmedia ASM-106x Sata 6G controller.

19. Yup but in my bios there are no Asmedia or ASM options, at all
    Also you tell me that disable asmedia in device manager but dunno where is the asmedia

20. Oh got it, well it seems that, a day or something hope to move on to another country or place weather my pc works better hahah xd! seems like there are no more things that i can do, to have a responsive pc

I can tell this pc is like visual lag, mouse cursor in windows... puff u.u cannot play games like crisis, the mouse itself, the reaction game to shoot etc, is like i was a noob lvl 100 or something even at steady frame rates, to hard zzzz :s nevermind, thanks again Agent.