Calling all benchers

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by cowie, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Yeah would love to have both components running sub zero! Phase is so easy to manage aswell! Don't have to keep filling a pot up or checking around as the cold doesn't seem to spread very far.

Think i'm done benching for a week or so now, I've got a week off work next so may throw my other 4890 on the rig see if I can improve my scores! My last 4890 I had no voltage control, so couldn't push clocks very far if I remember rightly. This time I'm hoping for better GPU and CPU clocks ;)

Hows it going with the 980? Have you given up on your TitanX?

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    That's great matt I have a 4890 or two if its ref. you can do software voltage with a trick or two.
    Well my strikx 980 on dice will go 1790 with just 1.45v but I was playing with my zotac card and hate it.

the titan's I play with still but I can not find a volt mod for it.../.I do want to solder to the ic vsence but don't want to take a chance not knowing what will happen if it has some other thing to go wrong like ovp ocp or needing a vid mod instead for some built in bs.

3. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I think its ref, its the Asus Voltage Tweak one. I'll see about getting it all setup again perhaps on Wednesday, have a little play. Think the best I managed on the Sapphire Vapor X was like 965MHz, hopefully if I can get the Vs up on the Asus I can push 1000Mhz+ Should do OK along side a 3770K at at least 5.2GHz+ may try a bit more voltage this time with, up to 1.65v for the 3d benches that don't care about cores or HT

Also looking at getting a couple 5870s word is there good clocking ones, so we shall see ;)

That Titan still being a pain is it! I see some peeps using the EVGA power board thing, seems to be what brings in the world records, that ****s way out of my league though.

Any luck finding a Phase?

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    well hopefully you get good ones I sold my last good 58xx to bodnar like 5 years ago lol

yeah I was thinking about a new ass end for the titanx a whole 2 seconds if no other card this year out benches it I will do it soon with a amd ass end from a 290 lightning or something.
    I want a asus power card but good luck for me finding one

no I stopped looking for a phase after I took a ride to philly and the thing was so loud I gave him a 12 pack for his time but we hung out a bit,him and his family were cool we went fishing the next weekend lol

I have a gts 320 a3 card going 850 with just a hard mod and dice as I type but my xp is all messed up and crappy scores 3570k on air 5.0

5. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Got a bit more benching done this week! Got a couple Records with Dual 6950s!

Also smashed through 1000 Points ;)

Really fancy picking up a 6700K now to make it cold! Haha

Still got a 4850, 3870, 3850, 8500GT to re bench. Not sure what I'm going to start working on after I've done that.

What you Benching right now Cowie?

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Good job matt I saw that on the notification.
    The 4850 is I think your best bet
    stripped xp a little voltage and just air or water would get you some points but the card has been done so much in this time its tough to get high ranks with the card.
    ahhhhh the 6700 cold would do just perfect but you better bring a lot of cold :)

After the titan's I have benched nothing for the last few months.I am on my x5960 and a totally out of the box pos zotac extreme 980 24/7
    I want to get something going I mean I have the dewar so I might as well fill it up but now I am too busy.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  7. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Just been having a little play again to see if I can improve some scores, which I did, and was fairly satisfied. But then I decided to change driver to 15.7.1 in 3Dmark11 and just smashed 1st place with a single 6950! Beat him be like 300 marks! Might have to bench some more now see if this driver gives me a boost in anything else lol

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    that's a boomer of a score you did agreat job on that matt :nerd:
    Did it help other benches in dx9?

9. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I did try a few others, vantage, unigene, 05 and 03 but didn't seem to make a difference. Seems only 11 likes it, still can't believe how much of a boost a driver gave me! Lol

10. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Just bought an 4870X2 off the bay for £20! More benching coming soon ;)

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    try 3d11 first jajajajaja
    g/l matt
    I have a 950 I will play with

12. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    lol shame 4000 series aren't DX11 or I may have walked that one too lol

Well its arrived this morning, so I'll try get her up and running over the weekend. Never run a dual GPU card so hopefully it all works lol

Done much playing with the 950 dude!?

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    oh yeah I forgot dx10
    I never had one of those but I do remember when they released I had two 4870's and 4850's

so busy I had like no time to even get I the95 overclocked yet just seen if it worked.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  14. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Not having much luck with the 4870 X2! Doesn't seem to want to work, mostly just black screen at boot. The fan spins up, and the system is in windows. But I get no picture, most of the time lol. Got to desktop with it a couple times, got a 3870 in there atm and all works so its got to be the card.

Got her all stripped down, going to give her a good clean them bung her in the oven for 7-8mins at 200c see what happens, always wanted to try the oven trick lol

Been playing with the 3870 though, managed a pencil mod, got the volts up to 1.42v going to try shading a little more, want 1.45v!! Need to get my 3770KK back under Phase, under air atm and am limited to 4.7GHz :(

Not had as much fun this weekend as I was hoping, hopefully I'll have more luck 2morrow with the 4870 X2.

Been cool voltmodding the 3870 though :)

EDIT

Got the volts on the 3870 upto 1.48v! Managed to hit just over 7K in Vantage, CPU still under air!

Want to make this GPU cold aswell lol might hit higher clocks at 1.48v with the GPU at -30 under DICE!?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yeah that sucks I have a gx2 and 2 295's that worked before I screwed with them work one minute then gone then work it sucks.

how fast you going on the 3870? 850 900 now?
    dice,if no crazy stuff pops up should help at least some even thou they are not that hot running of a chip at least that's what I remember its been so long I had 1

16. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Had some luck with the X2, tried a different pcie slot and its in windows no problem now, no issues at all, reboots fine. Just re installed win7 last night, was getting loads of artifacting in benches, hopefully a reinstalling the OS will solve that issue. Followed Black Vipers tweaked guide too, removed a load of programs and features also! Gonna make an image of it so I don't have to keep reinstalling all the time.

Was running quite high on the 3870, something like 985MHz in Vantage, around 955Mhz i think in 05 and/or 03.

Yeah doesn't seem to run hot, took it apart and gave the heatsink a good clean, popped on some thermal grizzly too ;)

Gonna keep playing with the X2 this afternoon though :)

17. xxbassplayerxx

xxbassplayerxx Guest

GPU:
    980 TI
    Hiya guys :D

Nice to see some familiar faces.

18. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Alright there bassplayer, what brings you to the Guru

19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    hey dude whats up :)

20. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    3770K may be dead lol

Tried delid this morning, chipped the die. Won't POST :( Will try again later this afternoon perhaps, down the pub now :)