7870 XT vs EVGA 660 SC Signature 3GB

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by Kuronca, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Kuronca

Kuronca Guest

GPU:
    ATI/5570/1GB
    I guest 7870 xt is best the only pro i can found for the 660 is nvidia physx

2. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    7870 ofc, why make the topic if you already know the answer?

3. Kuronca

Kuronca Guest

GPU:
    ATI/5570/1GB
    I wanted to know the opinion of the forum

4. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah, I know you did.. I was a hypocrite myself for asking the same kinda question.

Anyways, of course pick the 7870 XT. PhysX is pointless.

5. Kuronca

Kuronca Guest

GPU:
    ATI/5570/1GB
    So...anyone else?

6. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    You can have both a AMD card and GPU physx by doing a hybrid PhysX setup. Where you use say a HD7870 as a main card, and a GT430 or so with at least 96 cuda cores. By using the work around Hybridiz tool Which patches the phsyx runtime files to aloud it to work in the setup. Now if you do not have any games that uses GPU phsyx or hardly play them, then theres no point to even do this.

Some reason when i tried it originally with a 9800GT it didn't work,tho when I tried it with a GT430 that I got back from a RMA of a xfx 6600GT, then it was a different story and worked good in borderland 2 and other games I have that uses gpu phsyx.

As for the two card's since you do not say which country your in, in your profile. I can't go check on any other deals for you. Unless you are outside of the USA. Just go with which ever one you can afford, that has the features that you want.

Because both are good card's, and you can look at a review here on guru site http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/evga_geforce_gtx_660_sc_review,11.html which shows both HD 7870 and GTX 660 SC's and make your choice from it. Now the review is old so, it doesn't take in any account from the 12.11 drivers which increased the HD7 series performance a bit. But it better if you research and make the choice, then blindly take other people advice. Because some times people are bias towards their favor graphics card. No offense to any one.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  7. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    lol, clearly pointing to me of course :D

The 7870XT will be the better choice, a normal 7870 beats the 660 already. The 660 doesn't compare with the 7870XT, as that card falls more into the 7950/670/660Ti category. Next to an OC'ed (and standard) 7870XT the 660 SC becomes non-existent.

No biased information here.. heck I would be stupid to give you biased information, lol.

Anyways, long story short - 7870XT definitely. If you replaced that 660 SC to "vs 660Ti" in the topic title - it would make a bit more sense.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  8. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
  9. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
  10. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Thank you, I knew it wasn't just me. I'm not a team green fanboy either. I have had success with both in the past.

11. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
  12. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Latest reviews?2 months ago maybe, now drivers are near perfect, latencies eliminated...
    Don't talk if u didn't' dig enough and u have lack of knowledge...
    Only advantage NV now is poorly supported by game developers physx, thats all.
    Period.
    660 is overpriced

13. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    That review is from yesterday with the NVIDIA 314.14 Beta and AMD 13.2 Beta 7.

14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Nah man, he's right about CrossFire. Those microstutter issues do not affect single cards. There are workarounds for microstutter, but they involve VSync, FPS caps, FrameRate Control, Dynamic VSync, etc... offered by RadeonPro.

VSync off, CF vs. SLI, SLI is smoother.

Regardless of newer drivers or not, the microstutter issue is still not fixed. Maybe with a memory rewrite we'll see some difference? Let's see.

@Dr. Noob: SLI isn't perfect either, as you can see in your own review. Honestly, with both CF and SLI, I'd enable VSync and wouldn't want to dip below 60FPS.

The SLI frame rate metering works on certain engines and doesn't work too well on others. Nvidia have said so themselves, as I remember. Can't remember the article, though.

15. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Point is, guys, and stick to it, is about ONE card, no sli/cf.
    And from my experience, I don't see any stutter, all my games playin smooth(MP3 atm, FC3, Skyrim, WT or WoT, so...

16. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You would be retarded to go with the 660.

7870XT rapes it anytime, sorry to say.

17. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Yes, the XT is much faster, but does it provide a good gaming experiencie with low latency?!Who knows. :)

18. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
  19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Sli has advanced very well over the years. Sli is always humming along with benchmarks and my games.

20. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -