CoD: Ghosts Native 1080p on PS4, 720p on Xbox One?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 29, 2013.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i think killzone shadowfall looks quite a lot better then killzone 3 , have you played them yet ?

2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I was thinking about hardware side, graphics are improved , but only to some point.

My point is that this hardware is not future proof compared to how PS3 was.

PS3 was a monster at the moment it was released.
    PS4 is just low end PC.

New Console should run BF4 maxed out 1080p@60FPS.
    From what we know , its far from that.

3. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Sure, developers will get more adept at optimizing for the underlying hardware as they get more experience with the platform.

Perhaps less so with this generation than before, as there are fewer "exotic" elements to the hardware and more off-the-shelf parts - which is a good thing, generally speaking.

That's beside the point though, as the implication here is that the hardware is severely constrained for native play even before being released to market.

If I were to buy a console at the end of 2013, or during the rest of the decade for that matter, the bare minimum requirement would mandate 1080p/60fps gameplay.

If I can't even get that on release day, what's the point?

Like I said YMMV but for me that's just terrible beyond words.

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    PS3 wasnt a monster at all. the gpu was comparable to a 7800 while we were already playing on 8800's.
    consoles can never keep up with pc technology , especially when they want to fit all of that into a tiny box.

GTA5 looks stunning on current ps3 and ill bet you GTA7 or whatever version is released at the end of the console will also look stunning and not dated at all.
    the first games released always look bad. ps3 list > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_launch
    nothing special when i look at that list and could sound like little updates from ps2 versions.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I agree to somewhat, mostly about the part i've bolded.
    Imo, this should have been the norm a longtime ago, again, imo, i think the fact that the majority of gaming is still being done in 720p is a bit embarrassing.

6. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    The only thing that could make me buy a PS4 now would be:

a.) RDR is running on it
    b.) PS4 lets me play it with KB & Mouse

7. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    I think that people here care. And you have no idea what you sayin. New console +new LED TV is defo more than 1K unless you want to buy a cheap TV. And when it comes to PCs spend a 1K euro and you'll have a gaming rig that's a lot more powerful than consoles.

But anyway.It's pathetic that no next gen console can play a game that's being released at the same time at a native 1080p resolution of all normal TVs. What a FAIL!

And when it comes to 4K then you are wrong. Just look around and you will see that the push for 4K is very strong. I don't think that there will be an AAA game title next year that will not have 4K in mind. Yes 4K monitors are dear, but the affordable ones are not years away.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Isnt KZ 4 1080p @60fps?

Edit: There about ish. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-multiplayer-runs-at-60-fps-a-lot-of-the-time

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  9. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Cell procesor was a monster, cell aids the 7800 inside PS3.
    Overall performance was huge for that time.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Cell is a typical piece of Japanese engineering. The thing is indeed a monster and last i read, is still being widely used.

There was also a article about the idea behind the cell from the head of Sony Japan..

See if i can find it, as its a wicked read.

But Wait!.. Theres more!

Edit2: Scratch that. the article i read was for the ps2.

11. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    PC can actually be competitive with consoles price-wise, even if you aim for high detail. It depends on region too.

So here's how it looks over here in Poland (prices converted to USD:
    - PS4 costs around $600
    - Gaming PC - way more than PS4, but:
    - CoD: Ghosts PS4 - can be bought for $82 in preorder discount, suggested price $92
    - CoD: Ghosts PC - can be bought for $42, suggested price $49
    - PC game prices drop faster over time

As you can see, the price difference is significant and if one buys a lot of games, it will sum up.

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    the ps4 stuff seems to be more expensive and the pc stuff cheaper then in my country.

ps4 costs €399 euro

cod ghosts (cheapest shop i could find)
    [​IMG]

pc games are usually much cheaper even if you buy them from keysites.

€35.49 atm (which is still more then the price you are paying in a shop! which is about € 30.52)

13. makaveli316

makaveli316 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    I can add this to the list with reasons why people who need to choose a console, should pick the PS4.
    I'm so glad I preordered it and it's getting better every day.
    This said from a guy who had a 360 and will never play bf4 or any shooter on the ps4.

14. I never bought into the idea of living room game consoles. The concept in itself felt somewhat wrong to me. Perhaps it's because I'm pretty serious when it comes to the effort I put into playing, and the experience I expect out of it.

Like for example in all my life of games nothing came even remotely close to the experience of clearing guild raids in World of Warcraft. It demanded me to stay playing for hours, it made me coordinate, strategise, sweat, took me through emotional rollercoasters. It quite literally became a commitment. But I actually enjoyed it. Call me addicted, obsessed, or whatever. What's most important to me is that I enjoy playing, even if it makes me do stupid things.

Looking at consoles, the way games are played; on a silly game pad? And the motivation behind playing on it instead of PC; no time? can't be bothered with the effort required? Then why play games at all???

I don't hate consoles, but I don't like them either, because of the countless games that have been dumbed down just to cater to people who have 'no time' or want to play 'casual'. What I want is the opposite...

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I want to pick apart this post like a meth addict picks at the imaginary bugs under his skin.

But i dont want to be a troll so i'll resist..

Resistroll.
    'Staying under the bridge since est 1988'

16. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X

Don't forget the perk of AMD and NVIDIA with their games bundles with each gfx card so potentially <Game X> could be free.

Once you have a PC most people effectively upgrade rather than revamp a whole system. That option isnt there with PS4. So in a way, you are correct in that PC can be competitive.

My only reason for staying away from consoles is purely based on the fact that I can never go back to anything below 60fps as a minimum. Only exception I made to buying the PS3 was the fact its still a fantastic bluray player.

17. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I started playing at full hd so much time ago that i´d come to except that the consoles yet to be released would at least play all games at 1080p. I mean, Cmon. :<

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Well atlest there true 720p but seriously it needs to be real 1080p or stop BS people saying 1080p when it really upscale cause there is difference between up scaling and native resolution, that alot of people can see the difference with.

Not that I care about COD as the whole series is POS.

19. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    I dont think that people realize that an average gamer is still sitting on a 560 ti or a 660 so ps4 doessnt look that bad in comparison. The only difference is that a console doesnt let you to lower games settings so you could play at a higher resolution or framerate.

20. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    these consoles are perfect performance for the price as for 4k how many people have 1000$ or more to spend on a 27'' 4k right now is just retarded.