Dragon's dogma demo out!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Wanny, Apr 25, 2012.

1. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    It would be nice to have this on PC.

Kingdoms of Amalur is very good, but this kind of game is what i like more.

2. Austyn

Austyn Guest

your joking right?

a great game flawed by a horrible ai.

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

They recently announced online events to take down powerful enemies in online parties :)

Sounds like a very epic game so far! Never been this much excited since Dark souls!

4. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Anyone know if the horrendous screen tearing will be reduced in the Retail version.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  6. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I'll try to buy it this weekend. Between Max Payne 3 coming out and Diablo 3 with a friend, it's not always easy to find time...

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    This game is so good, really big and open, combat is ace.

I do not like the black borders on the game though (even in widescreen 720p) and the lack of fast travel is pretty irritating, so much going back and forth between the same areas.

8. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Finally bought it! Can't wait to have more time with this. Screw tedious and boring D3.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Start stocking up on waystones when you can (shop in main city sells them), 20k a pop and will really save you time. I have enough money now (and nothing I can see left to buy) to always have at least 5 at a time.

Make sure to hire 2 extra pawns when you can (took me ages to realise that the max party size is 4).

10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Absolutely wonderful game. I haven't playet much yet (just reached main city) but what a game with absolute freedom.

Highly recommended for real action japs RPGs fans.

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well I'll simply say this. GOTY so far. Japs did it again.

I don't know if gaming would be the same for me without Demon Souls, Dark souls and now this game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2012
  12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I boguht the game mbut didnt played yet. The thing is. It came with a re6 demo code but psn keep saying it is invalid. Wtf man. The date it can be used is 5.9.2012. Is it us standart or europe? September or may? Maybe for europe demo will be available on september? Hmm anyway. I hope this game will be good to play. Amd a long gaming experience pls.

13. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    I was very cautious and rented it, i gotta say it`s definately a must buy game for me.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Game is great. Thats certain.

But why on. Earth i cant see my pbjectives on minimap? :.(

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i must post this;

i think this game tries to be MANY thing but fails at many aspects. iam not sure what is going on. i mean, so confusing. what is this game? RPG? yes but.. damn im bored already in 2 hours , not even adding that the game puts many thing on to u but that weight crushes u with the boredom stuff.

i think my english is getting worse to explain what i have in mind.

simply, iam very disappointed with this title. people compared this with SKYRIM. like a joke.

16. Wanny

Wanny Guest

They need to port this on PC. Playing on PS3 is so boring these days.

17. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Cannot be compared to Skyrim, period. Totally different style of game. That's like comparing Skyrim to Far Cry 3 just because they have open worlds.

If people would have compared DD to say, Dark Souls, Reckoning or Fable 3 i could have accepted it, but nah not with Skyrim lol.

18. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    So what can you compare skyrim to? Maybe a steaming pile of dog crap? lmao I was just very disappointed in it being a fan of 3 and 4.

19. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Compare it what ever you want, but the fact is that Skyrim and DD are much too different to be compared with each other.

Capcom got super lazy with DD and it crushed all chances of it being 1 of the greatest action RPGs out. It lacks too much to be up there with the likes of Skyrim.

It's still however a really awesome game, i just wish they added those things that are a basic need in RPG games, or at least ported it and let the community mod the game how they wanted it. Then again it is capcom afterall.

20. Austyn

Austyn Guest

I can't believe i'm actually posting in this decadent thread but here it goes.

The two games are comparable, they do have similarities, they do share in ideas, but in other areas they are completely different. Ravageuk, you clearly need to take a reality check if you can't see the obvious comparisons between the two. So just for you (and the rest of the readers i'm going to take 15 minutes out of my day job to enlighten you).

Firstly...

These are what they have in common

1. Both Open World RPG
    2. Both have Dragons for bosses
    3. Both incorporate magic/weapons
    4. Both have character building and development
    5. Both look visually great (using console as example)
    6. Both have quests
    7. Both are set in a fantasy world
    8. Both allow for companions that fight with you

Just because the aspects of the game and the mechanics are implemented differently, does NOT mean that they are not comparable.

To give the rest of the forum a better understanding, what you are trying to say is that because these games are "different", they can not be compared? So i can't compare burnout paradise with Need for speed most wanted? I cant compare Forza to Gran Turismo? Am i allowed to compare Battlefield to Arma?

Seriously, you are arguing a losing battle. Be gracious in defeat.