Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. ZModeler

ZModeler Guest

GPU:
    HD7870
    Hello, everybody!

Let me bring new blood into your discussion on a subject...
    As this is my first post here, no link. just the youtube video code: YouTube/watch?v=tPVnPRxwf4U

2. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    yo damn, this is amazing ! so you managed to inject moded models to the game ! is it possible to do it for Aiden model after modifying it ?

ps: how can i import xbg models in ZM3 ?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  3. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    you don't get glitching in the game? hmm, that is very weird, my blackouts work just fine. How about you increase the glitch frequency and intensity in the windy city xml?

4. ZModeler

ZModeler Guest

GPU:
    HD7870
    Unpack world (windcity) files. File -> Import -> locate the file you want to import, pick "Watch Dogs (*.xbg, *.geom)", press "Browse..." next to "Root folder" and specify the folder with unpacked world files (the folder where "graphics" and other folders are), then press Import.

5. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I use my E3 Blackout. In E3 demo the glitching was faster than in Vanilla. So I made it faster like it was in E3 demo. I always play using FXAA mode and I was doing Blackout tests on FXAA mode. So a few days ago I switched to Temporal SMAA cause I was testing medium DOF and it looks amazing in this mode.
    And I noticed that after blackout the lights didn't glitch anymore, so I switched back to FXAA and the glitching came back. I tested other AA modes too and they didn't affect the glithcing.

In my windy_city.xml I have these settings:
    fPowerInGlitchIntensity="0.15" fPowerInGlitchFrequency="15"

in Vanilla it's:
    fPowerInGlitchIntensity="0.15" fPowerInGlitchFrequency="5"

in your xml:
    fPowerInGlitchIntensity="0.25" fPowerInGlitchFrequency="18"

The "intensity" means how long the lights will be flicker.
    The "frequency" means how fast they will flicker.

I was using "frequency"=18 before but I decided to slow it down a bit.
    So in Vanilla people don't notice any difference between AA modes, cause the lights flicker slower.
    I have faster flickering value and because of that TSMAA is fading this effect.

6. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    thanks ! will try that

7. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    Added the mod for removing the white highlight from hackable object on the first page

8. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    *works only on Nvidia GPU's

9. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    oh didnt know about that ! sad AMD sad ! :D

10. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    oh its telling me that i need a license for that :(

11. ZModeler

ZModeler Guest

GPU:
    HD7870
    get a trial by creating an account and submitting your platform ID. account is activated once you submit an e-mail and follow the activation link in e-mail.

12. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    just saw that you cant export xbg model, i was very interested in this :

want to make aiden coat have the same movement as in the E3 demos ( from what i observed its a matter of activating/linking some mesh from his upper back to the coat skeletons, the physic is already there ), but since its impossible to export ... i have zero experience with this kind of advanced moding anyways :D

13. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    On my side, I am optimizing my merge.

As I can't use Levels (Radeon Pro), It would have been nice of ThatGuyOverThere improved his SweetFX preset, where color variations could make use of "High" Textures enough.

14. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    well. i don't use sweetfx anymore, i rely all on the colorgrading that i have made in the colorgrading.lib. Sorry, but it seems that you are going to have do this yourself :(
    I stopped using sweetfx, cause i got windows 8 and do not wish to use RadeonPRO, i tried using the fix that cmh provided but it did not work sadly...

@ Zmodeler and essenthy, do you guys have plans to work on the Aiden model? If so i would love to see what can be achieved by you guys! Maybe you can separate his coat from his back, i have always loathed how it was attached to his lower back, maybe now we can have that fixed and have the Uber coat fx from the E3 demos!

15. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    While keep looking at Aiden's head and facial_hook on zmod3, here's what Oleg(the creator of zmodeler) said about .xbg export subject
    So yeah, at least that's something, gotta appreciate the guy work anyway.

16. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    Thanks oleg ! i hope he will find how to do that !

now to explain the difference between E3 aiden coat movement ( and not physics because its nearly the same ) and the release her's some screen shot :

E3 :

you can see how the lower part of the coat move more freely because the upper part isnt blocked, and since the upper part move too , it does carry movement to the lower part, both part are linked by mesh/bones and thats why it move so much when Aiden walk even without wind blowing
    [​IMG]

Release :

the upper part movement blocked/disabled preventing the lower part from moving more freely
    [​IMG]

and thats why you'll never see Aiden coat move like this :

[​IMG]

i dont think i have the knolwedge to restore that, but it shouldnt be complicated for someone with experience, and this is assuming we could re inject a modifed xbg model of Aiden, wich is impossible at the moment

17. Knochy

Knochy Guest

Hello guys. Really nice work. I would speak to 3 things. Sry for my bad english.

1. The Raindrops [​IMG] http://prntscr.com/5r7ulv

In the presentation of 2012 There are more raindrops than in the final game. Is it possible to bring them back in the game?

2. The Anamorphic Lensflares [​IMG] http://prntscr.com/5r7w9w

So far we have only Anamorphic lens flares at the headlights. As you can see in the picture, these are also available on the taillights. It is possible to reconstruct this?

3. The Road Reflection [​IMG] http://prntscr.com/

Essenthy, can you take the reflection from youre walkway of the streets? If this has already happened, then I'm sorry.

Thanks for modding the Game. Good job guys ^^

18. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    yes it is possible to bring back more rain drops! You can add more raindrops per second in the level of detail in the default render config, but, it takes more performance as it is spawning more items at once...

I am not sure about the anamorphic lens for the back lights, i have wanted them but never asked about them, but we might as well see if we can get them now...

The road reflection are in two things, there is the texture map for the reflective-ness of the texture and also in the default render config, these things can be achieved but again it is big on the performance.

19. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    Oh my God!
    So much progress. * Microwaving Popcorn* :)

20. Knochy

Knochy Guest

Thanks ThatGuyOverThere, but i mean the different raindrops. In the E3 demo you can see a different type of raindrops falling from a object. My english is not so good. http://youtu.be/xU7WGAJPRRw?t=6m5s when he get out of the building you can see it.