Sikkmod v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by EL1TE, Sep 4, 2011.

1. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    ey niukniuk finally an updated pack thanks a ton!!!

but ill wait till you add the finishing touch ....roe 1.2 sikkmod xD

hurahh!!!!

p.s: keep it up yall this is turning into something epic!

oh and sikkpin any news for an 1.2 sikkmod for prey?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  2. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Thank Sikkpin, not me :)

3. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    sikkpin already knows hes the mod god for doom 3 xD

and you make it easy for us noobs to enjoy all the improved graphical splendor

btw is there a possibility of making a adult oriented loading screen pack?

one that fits the doom3 atmosphere, yeah i know im a perv xD

4. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Haha :)

5. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G
    I finally got around to install this.. and it's simply amazing! Soft shadows kill my performance a lot, but it makes the game look so scary!

Amazing work NiukNiuk, and all the other modders!

:bigsmile:

6. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Soft Shadows and HDR are the biggest performance hitters but makes the game look incredible.

Sikkpin - I forced AA via CCC and Radeon Pro (control panels) and it works for AMD cards. I only need to force APPLICATION AF to not the have the Color Grading LUT corruption.

Would you be able to optimize the shaders for better performance on AMD/ATI systems given these cards are very powerful on shaders vs rops of Nvidia.

7. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Sikkmod lite 1.2 for Prey and Quake 4 are out

Prey:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/sikkmod-prey/downloads/sikkmod-lite-v12-prey
    Changelog:
    Quake 4:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/sikkmod-q4/downloads/sikkmod-lite-v12-q4
    Changelog:

8. NightFright

NightFright New Member

GPU:
    nvidia GF GTX 560 Ti
    In Prey, I am sometimes getting (almost) completely black screen when using Sikkmod 1.2. I can still move and hear sound, but I can't see. Restarting the game fixes it. Sometimes, the game also just crashes.
    Anyone else has these problems and/or knows how to fix that?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  9. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I don't have this bug :(
    Do you force something (AA, aniso) through your driver settings? If yes: leave everything by default ("application controlled" or its nvidia equivalent).
    And delete PreyConfig.cfg file in your sikkmod folder (make a backup of your sikkmod settings first).

10. NightFright

NightFright New Member

GPU:
    nvidia GF GTX 560 Ti
    I always leave these settings at app-controlled in the drivers. Well, I will try turning off FXAA ingame, maybe that will fix it.

I was also having a weird extreme slowdown problem after the plane crash sequence (you see that from ascending elevator)... the game ran totally sluggish after that all of a sudden and didn't improve. Had to load earlier savegame, then it didn't happen again.

*UPDATE*
    I think it's safe to say SikkMod wasn't responsible for this. Regardless which setting I changed, crashes still happened. It is highly likely that OpenAL/EAX activation was the real reason. In general, OpenAL doesn't work for me so well, UT3 also crashes with OpenAL and Soundblaster X-Fi Ti.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011

11. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    thanks niukniuk for the prey update

how bout youre latest config

p.s: a little hint

bloom should be used in moderation if at all , id say bloom is the worst invention yet -.-' it doesnt add to realism one bit,yes i mean you niukniuk

as ive been running your latest config with prey and sikkmod 1.1

before this 1.2 sikkmod, almost had eyecancer :nerd:

its kinda like when you bed swimming under water with your eyes open all day without goggles you get the same view all blurry and bloomy -.-'

oh and before i forget any news on a 1.2 for roe yet?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  12. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    ey niukniuk ya alive? -.-'

13. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I am :)

But there must be something wrong in your end, because when I enable my bloom settings + my color grading settings +my hdr settings, it gives me this:
    http://niukniuk.imgur.com/niukniuks_doom_3_sikkmod_screenshots_#3ycJP
    I play with gamma and brightness at 1

Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that you have an Nvidia card, and I have an ATI card....and I have to disable catalyst to run the mod correctly, so it may render things differently from one computer to another :(

But anyway you can tweak sikkmod as you like

Concerning sikkmod RoE 1.2, you should ask sikkpin :) but I didn't see anything new about it.

EDIT: oh and you don't have to use my config, I didn't even put it in the sikkmod folder (in my pack), it's in a separate "my configs" folder (and in the readme), so you really don't have to use it.

14. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    haha ..really dont have to use it ...but you know i want to use youre awesome settings all i meant was that youre settings for prey are abit heavy on the bloom as said

and about roe 1.2 already asked sikkpin thou no reply yet hmmm....

btw have you checked out the latest release on here you should and tell me what you think

and if theres some improvement you can do bro download both mods and apply the 6 and the 6.1 patch :), peace

http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500/#2501737

btw dat screenshot looks smexy how bout a upload of youre latest and greatest config , yeah i mean the autoexec and doom.cfg , these arent blurry aka over bloom , just the way i like it for some reason the one i used i get quite abit of blurryness aka over bloom ,in doom3 xD

15. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Perfect Doom 3 is a cool mod
    I don't know how its creator managed to fit all these different mods together :) (I'm a total noob at this), but it's great.

The only thing I don't like is that sikkmod (included in it) doesn't have its original menu anymore, but now all of its settings are located under the "system" menu, and in a simplified way (like "hdr enable/disable", no additional tweaking of the hdr value), and all the sikkmod values are loaded automatically in an autoexec.cfg file when you launch the game/mod.

But this is only minor, I'm just nitpicking

Oh, and it doesn't include my cool loading screens :nerd:

16. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    perhaps there is a way to integrate those screens?

and well you can always do it like in sikkmod 1.1 where you did the settings over autoexec.cfg

or you could do a request over at the perfect doom moddb link i linked you too

and send it as a pm to vgames or add as a comment , i told him about you already , im sure he could work up a patch asap

i even linked him here :)

17. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    ey niukniuk this is from vgames for you :

Glad to here that my mod is a hit at guru3d. I plan on using his high res load screens with the next version of my texture pack which will be released after Wulfen releases his next batch of high res textures. I was gonna go ahead and release version 2 of my texture pack but Wulfen said that he's working on another release so I'm gonna wait. Tell niukniuk that the reason I don't have the sikkmod menu in my mod is because I don't want the user of my mod to be able to change any of the graphics enhancements. I want the game to be played with a certain set up. But I want the user to be able to disable graphics features that slow down the game for their system. I took the route that all developers take when they release a game.

wich brings me to da point can YOU make it look even better? regardless of fps, my rig is a monsta! xD

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  18. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Thanks for the info, that's cool :)

But I must have something weird on my setup, because the game looks like this with his mod:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HDR is a bit too much on my system :) that's why I wanted to tweak it ^^

I also noticed another thing, when using the texturepacks with this mod:
    [​IMG]
    It looks like the "bump effect" (parallax effect) is not aligned with the texture.

It reminds me of this:
    [​IMG]
    Picture I took when doing my "sikkmod 1.2 parallax method comparison screenshots"
    So it must have something to do with the .vfp used in his mod.

And concerning the "can you make it better" question....well no I can't :)
    I wouldn't have done half the things he did (and they would have been bugged anyway: I see that there are no console errors when starting his mod, the character reflections work properly etc...).

If you want to "push" your hardware: enable soft shadows and ssao/ssil :)

EDIT: I'm also waiting for wulfen's update

19. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    ill pm him dat feedback of yours asap btw

this from vgames:

The settings can be adjusted through the autoexec file. Thanks for the comments. They're much appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  20. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II

:cheers: