DayZ

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by korn666, May 16, 2012.

1. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This mod looks really cool.

3. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    I play it usually after our CRCTI lan which is happening in an HR.. I go by Volkov956 or Redhammer in Arma

4. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I have the mod installed, but I get this when trying to join a server

[​IMG]

5. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    The mod was just updated. Might be that you're still running the old 1.5.7 version or that the server is running the old one and you're running the new one.

Edit, seems that there is a 1.5.8.2 hotfix too: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4952

6. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    Uh, nice a new update! :D

7. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks....Exactly what I did.

Downloaded 1.57.

I got 1.582 and everything is fine....except my surviving skillz :)

8. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    So where do I download the patch? there's no links :S

9. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
  10. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    i've been playing for the past few weekends, running around coastline only to find empty cans and noobs. found some ammo inside coastline cities but no weapons yet. spend hours running around in forest only to get killed by bandits with military weapons. good times.

11. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Finally foud a good stash,,,ammo,,,,car parts....no weapons though

Some firewood and matches....was going to go atop a hill and start a campfire until some zombies changed my plans for good.

This is for you zombies :moon:

12. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Finally got a chance to get this up and running and wow, it's amazing. I forgot that the games day/night cycle coincides with the real world server location and jumped on an east coast US server. Bam, I got dumped into a pitch black zombie-infested world. So there I was crawling around in the dark sh#tting my pants. :wanker:

If you're the kind of gamer who digs eerie atmosphere and thick tension over non-stop action, give it a go - and bring your adult diapers.

13. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I agree, this mod is fantastic.

I usually by pass MP games, only one I ever liked was DoD....but this is just to much fun.

I feel like Sam Fisher sneaking thru the woods :)

14. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Anybody else getting this message? 1.6.0 is the latest version on the site. Can't access the forums either - they're swamped, along with all the servers. :puke2:

[​IMG]

15. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    get 1.6.0.1 dude

EDIT, just read on twitter:

7800 people trying to connect at once... main server died, web server died, forum died, and 8 nodes down...

Last edited: May 27, 2012

16. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, been trying to find 1.6.0.1, but having no luck connecting to the site. Damn, this mod blew up! :3eyes:

edit - New version wasn't on the US download page; found it on the Swedish one.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  17. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Anybody have any luck playing today? I probably got in 1 hour of playtime, but spent several waiting on servers, getting kicked, and ending up in the dreaded debug forest after waiting 15 minutes to get in. I also get shot by a player 5 minutes after spawning on the coast...bastard.

The one good session I had was fun though: found a hunting knife, killed a boar for meat, and drank from a lake and filled my water bottle. I also entered a construction site on the edge of a city and climbed into a partially constructed building surrounded by zombies. To my surprise, one shuffled up a stairwell right behind me, and I immediately capped him in the head, which of course brought more to the party. I capped a couple more and crawled out the other end of the building on my belly and ran into the forest - awesomely tense and fun. This game will be phenomenal once the hub-bub dies down and the servers can keep up.

18. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    I have a copy of ARMAII but not OA or a copy of Combined Ops. Is there any chance there is a single soul on the internet that has an extra copy?

19. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I played for a couple of hours.

I have actually had my character alive for a few days now.

Today I found a hunting knife,compass, which is very handy, watch and matches.

My blood is around 6000, so tomorrow i hope to kill me sumpin and cook me some meat to get my blood back to around 9000.

I even made my way to the main airfield, but I am playing alone and all the gunfire was making me gun shy to try to go in and get some loot......the more stuff you accumulate and the longer you live....you start to really be extra careful, as you do not want to die. All of the gunfire and crazy crap going on at the airfield gave me a great rush.

I also killed my first bandit today...I was laying prone in the woods watching him for about an hour...he was defending a tower running up and down the stairs.

I fire a few pistol rounds and he was them hiding for awhile...when he came out I would fire again....what great fun......finally shot him in the back as he ran down the steps of the tower.

I also ran into some military zombies today...the first of those that I have seen.

I downloaded 1.60 today after I quit playing, and the wbsite was really bogged down then.....now i need to get 1.61.

I actually played with 1.584 today.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  20. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    ^
    Good stuff, Gridiron. I just finished a 3-hour session (damn, it's addicting) in the dark. Picked up a partner after a tense minute in Kamehka. I saved his ass from a couple zeds, and guess he figured I was friendly. I gotta get a headset for such encounters...haha. Still, the tension was awesome.

Finished the session dropping down one level from a building and breaking my leg. I stopped the bleeding and killed the pain, but have to find out how to heal fully, as I can now only crawl on my belly. Amazing stuff...I love it.

edit - btw, I'm now on 1.6.0.1. Also, getting on a server after dark is easy...everybody is scared! :wanker: