How to: Overclock Dell, Gateway, Compaq and other branded computers

Discussion in 'Links' started by qube, Nov 14, 2002.

1. laxhead

laxhead New Member

GPU:
    Ati Rage 128/ 16mb
    Question

I am not sure if it is worth OC'ing my pc. I know it is very old but runs pretty well. The fact that i dont have many programs and fixed msconfig and visual effects. It helped alot but i was wondering if it is worth overclocking my computer? Its only 447mhz and 256mb of ram. No other cooling than the psu fan.

2. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    You probably cannot OC it and even if you could it would not make a noticable increase in performance. You already did the best thing which would be to tweak the registry.

3. laxhead

laxhead New Member

GPU:
    Ati Rage 128/ 16mb
    oh bummer. alright thanks anyway!

4. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670
    Cool, I have been looking for ways to overclock pre-built computers and all along it was here.

At first when I saw the pic's of IC's I thought it was going to include some modding, soldering, and hax. :D

5. LaGolfa

LaGolfa Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce OC
    Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I've recently got my hands on this old Packardbell iMedia 1529 that I'd like to squeeze to the maximum, I've upgraded it with some of my old computers parts (A better CoolerMaster Case, 2 gig ram, GeForce 9800GTX+ and a 550 WTT PSU). Only problem is the CPU, it's only at 2,93 ghz at the moment and I'd like to get it to 3.2 ghz or something like that but clocks are locked in the bios, but then i found this post bout PLL overclocking and decided to give it a shot.

But here's the problem, I've found my PLL which said ICS 60013 0601 951411BGLF, and since all the ICS pll numbers in that list starts with 9, I guess it's the 951411 i should use? Anyway I have a hard time finding a PLL overclocker that supports that ID. I also found that list of non-supported ID's that's impossible to clock for some reason, but it's not in there either.

It would mean the world to me if anyone could help me find a tool that supports my pll id.

Thanks in advance ~La Golfa

PS. Here's some specs about the comp if needed.

Motherboard

Manufacturer: NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL
    Model: GA-8TRC410M-NF
    Cpu Socket: Socket 775 LGA

CPU

Cpu name: Intel Pentium 4 2.93ghz 517
    Code name: Prescott
    Original Clock: 2933Mhz
    Original System clock: 133Mhz
    Original Multiplier: 22.1
    FSB: 532.0Mhz

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011