Unlocking a Core2Duo CPU..... ?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by StarvinMarvinDK, Nov 28, 2006.

1. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Hi fellow Guru's ! :)

After roaming around the forum for quite a bit now (not finding what I was looking for) I decided to make a new thread.

As you can see on the left, I am one of those poor bastards who bought a P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe MB's with hopes of overclocking my E6600.

Well after drying my eyes for like 3 hours ;) I came to that point where I said to myself - You bought it, now live with it (until a better bios comes out).

Well, that day has arrived ! The all new 0603 bios is out, with the option to set the multiplier as you want it. From min 6 to a max of 20.

But that don't work unless you have an unlocked CPU.

To make a long story short - how do I unlock my Conroe E6600, so I can unleash the beast instead of being stuck at 2.9Ghz ???

Hope someone can help with this as others also would benefit from this :)
    Nah not hoping.... counting on is actually better ;) 3D Guru forum is filled with nice people who isn't affraid to help others :D

2. Firefox_1

Firefox_1 Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB
    I think all Core 2s' except the X6800 are hard locked, i.e. no changing the multiplier curtosey of Intel. You might be able to change the multiplier via a hardware/pin mod, but not too sure about that either. Sorry.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  3. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    There is actually a mobo that was unlocking processors liek the E6300 and E6400 but Im not sure if yours is the one. But if it is you can be assured that there is a way. Thus you can ignore the post above.

4. Spectacle

Spectacle Banned

GPU:
    X1950XTX Crossfired 780/2280
    There is no way to unlock your CPU I'm afraid. Only the X6800 has the ability of raising the multi.

@ InfDaMarvel, what you are thinking of was the early ES samples of the allendales (E6300 & E6400 mostly the E6400s) that could be sometimes found with the full 4Mb L2 cache and with a 9 as a multi. There has been no reported unlocking of C2D's that I'm aware of.

5. StarvinMarvinDK

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    That's a damn shame to hear guys :(

Oh well.... gotta go sell that kitney to get a 680i then :paranoid:

Damn.... I was pretty convinced that I did my homework properly on this new rig, but hey... Nobody's perfect :nerd:

Thanks for clearing it up guys.

And please do post here if you hear that it is possible to unlock it ;)

6. Firefox_1

Firefox_1 Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB
    The 680i will treat you well, once you give it your wallet, so damn expensive. :p

7. StarvinMarvinDK

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Well, hmm... guess I'm gonna have to reclaim a couple of silicone boobs from an ex-girlfriend :boob: and RMA them LOL :hatty:

Nah... Christmas coming up and gonna tell the wife to get me a boring 680i gift :nerd:

8. moriarty99

moriarty99 Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7950GT KO
    Wrong. Name it and link it or don't tell people to ignore good advice.

9. StarvinMarvinDK

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Well... ordered a 680i mobo know.

The Asus P5N32 -E SLI.

Should recieve right after new year.

Happy New Year everyone :D

10. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb

11. Slaymate

Slaymate Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SLI 800/2000
    Your not going to unlock the multiplier. But you can still unleash
    the power of the beast. My 1.86GHz E6300 has no problems
    running at 3.11 GHz with the Multiplier locked at 7.
    [​IMG]

12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Happy new Year indeed! You'll be able to fly that 6600 no problem with this board, and its feature rich.. unfortunately, you may just have toe wait for another bios update, cuz the firmware for this board is stilll pretty immature. Give it time though, this board will rock. I can't WAIT to get mine :D

13. SUD@RAZ

SUD@RAZ Active Member

GPU:
    two 4870 crossfire-x h2o
    as the guy above me said this board is pretty immature but i find this too be the best board i,ve ever had and man when it gets better bios this thing will show its true power :rock:

14. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    0507 BIOS w/ the P5B Deluxe to unlock to multiplier on non extreme edition core 2 duos. If anyone wants to pay attention to that link I posted last lol.

15. AccordTR

AccordTR Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 8800GTX
    Most Mb allow you to change the multiplier no problem.... BUT only down, i.e. you can only lower it, so in this case the cpu is an E6600 so default mult. is 9, so you can lower it to 8 or 7 etc. MOST poeple desire though to increase their cpu's multi, THIS CAN NOT BE DONE UNLESS YOU HAVE A EXTREME EDITION. This is the reason why X6800 is so much more than the E6600, there would be no reason to buy it otherwise, esp. since ocing the E6600 is so easy, I'm running at 3.9Ghz as we speak.

16. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    I already know this o_O. But just read that review I posted. Might interest some people.

17. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    Happy New Years everyone! I read this article when it was released, but never tried the 0507 bios. Has anyone with a P5B-D tried them? Any luck with the unlocking upwards? Very curious...:look: