Lost Planet 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 10, 2012.

1. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Hmm..this looks completely different(better) than LP2! Perhaps I will get this after all.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I still have no faith in this.

Coming from Spark Unlimited... yeah, zero faith. After Turning Point: Fall of Liberty and Legendary, there's no way I'm going by a few trailers.

3. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Oh God really, didn't realize they were making it!! :(

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I own 1 and 2, but I only played little of both

5. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXW9RG32Bko
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b65K6W6emZY

Not a day 1 buy, but definitely, miles better than LP2. LP2 had crap character graphics, and compared to that this one atleast manages to look decent.

Okay UE3, I don't know how good it will be, but I was impressed with MT Framework and LP1 back in the days, 2007. Thing is, when LP1 was out, the cold temperature setting, I loved it. The plot was fine as well, and luka was a loveable character. Plus the game managed to run better than C1 in the same timeline. LP2 was just a co-op grind. This one looks a little more plot directed. I'd love the game if we get to see Wayne in the end arriving with Gale on the planet. Besides I think they're in the timeline when VS weren't developed yet, and the people retreated from the planet (story from 1).

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Delayed till August...

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Damn thats a bad news :(

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    After the disappointment of Resident Evil 6 which actually reverted back to DX9 and worst graphics than the DX10 Resident Evil 5, I fear Lost Planet 3 will be another workman-like port that uses DX9 and FXAA. Lost Planet 2 might not be a great game but it ran under DX11 with tessellation and MSAA/CSAA support. I bet this sequel doesn't, especially given the developer... :puke2:

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Between the lackluster response to Resident Evil 6... and Spark Unlimited's last few releases, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom are trying to keep a close eye on this one.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Dont expect any magic from dated dx9 U3E.

Also the biggest lol moment has to be no fur around jackets, that looked like a big hybe back then in LP1, but now its just a solid mesh :rolleyes:

11. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    I am really looking forward to this game i haven't read the whole thread but i hope Capcom get their act together and release this game in dx11 and at least use the mt engine.I was hoping RE 6 after being delayed that the devs where implementing better textures DX11 support for the pc, but for me it was a big let down totally unoptimized (hell i cant even keep a minimum of 60fps unlike RE5)and low res textures.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Lost Planet 3 is using the Unreal Engine 3 and is developed by a third party, not Capcom directly. :)
    (Much like Devil May Cry 5, hopefully the PC version holds up just as well as it did in that game.)

13. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thought this would have been a Nvidia TWIMTBP again, but its an AMD Gaming Evolved title this one.

15. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Why is Capcom doing this?

Though given if they themselves were making it, no love would be given to the PC version for sure. Look at RE6. The Japanese didn't make the PC version (from the credits). And someone told me that documentation of MT Framework barely exists outside Japan, so there you have it.

Though UE3 is good,dated, and hopefully they make something good. I saw the demo, but the character movements sorta look weird, like clunky or heavy. This isn't a day 1 purchase, but I sure am gonna keep an eye on it.

And seriously, if Capcom keeps doing this, they're next after THQ.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    That footage looked... meh.
    The animations looked clunky and unfinished (which, is very possible) and everything about it just looked so uninspired.

I loved the first game, but I hated the second. And find it very difficult to get anywhere near excited or even interested in this one.

17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    5 days till release and no one talking about it. lol

18. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    Because it looks ****. The first was fun, original and flowed well. The second was terrible, regardless of how good it looked on PC.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I need to know if the game worths it or not. And x11? Physx? If not i go for ps3 version.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    2 days till release.

Watched some videos before it was delayed, looks alright. It would be nice they showed us little more...