GeForce 313.96 Beta Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AMD@OPA, Jan 29, 2013.

1. AMD@OPA

AMD@OPA Member

GPU:
    MSI 560GTX TF II OC
    Download
    http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/geforce_313_95_beta_driver_download.html

Release-notes
    Code:
     [SIZE="1"]http://de.download.nvidia.com/Windows/313.96/313.96-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf[/SIZE] 
    Release Highlights
    Supported Products

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  2. peppercute

peppercute Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2080Ti TRIO
    DriverVer = 01/25/2013, 9.18.13.1396
    Installing now
    branch: r313_00-186 (313.95 - 313_00_182)
    In pdf for Crysis 3 +65%
    Then in 313.95 +35%

3. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    Its the same drivers as x95, I had issues with the installer last night, this one fixes that issue. Nothing new in the drivers, its just the installer thats been fixed. Are we clear!? :D

4. Wolfseven

Wolfseven Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI NGTX580 1.2gb
    dirext 3d stopped responding, dxdiag no longer works after installing this driver31095

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    yes, we know :)

6. Dranzerk

Dranzerk Active Member

Still crashes computer during install, screen goes blank and hard locks. GTX 580 SLI, win 7,

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  8. udda

udda Guest

GPU:
    evga gtx680
    crashing computer an reboot during driver install :bang:
    gtx680 windows 8 x64

9. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    These drivers are much harder on the CPU than previous drivers if benchmarks are to be believed. AMD users won't be pleased.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    It installed fine like previous set. International UK driver, OS English, with International locale (Windows 8Pro x64)

But now when i installed with clean install it prompt me to reboot. I didnt have that with 313.95, not a big deal though hopefully they deliver.

I saw someone mentioning Crysis3 MP beta and lower gpu usage if he looks in the distance (313.95), I had the same thing with my older cpu in Crysis2 MP (older drivers), guess its really something in game/driver code since he has a faster 4.4Ghz i5 2500K. If that new Crysis3 PDF rls notes info boost is true, then 313.96 might have fixed that :)

Driver info:
    313.95: r313_00-182
    313.96: r313_00-186

Edit: woops i overlooked peppercute post, I thought you mentioned only 313.95 info :nerd:

11. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Funny how these drivers were compiled last Friday, before anyone on the internet even complained about the international version not installing.

12. Xphome

Xphome Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 3GB
    Is a new thread really necessary? Or did they change more than just fix the installation problem?

13. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    They solved the installation problem yesterday without even compiling a new driver. ManuelG made some files available to extract and replace in the 313.95 version. I suppose it's possible that the issue was already known internally and this is why 313.96 has a compilation date before 313.95 was even released.

14. Artorias

Artorias Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670
    The release notes say there's a bug where, upon installation, Physx is automatically set to use the CPU instead of the GPU, which may be the reason for this? Which benchmarks are we talking about?

15. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    With a majority of games most cores are already sitting around half idle anyway.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    @Xphome

Why not, its from newer r313 branch..

0-182 vs 0-186.

17. nature1ders

nature1ders Guest

GPU:
    Crucial
    I have a problem, I tried installing these cleanly and was met with IRQ not less or equal and thread exception bla I tried to reinstall the non-beta version and was met with same errors. I am lost, windows 8 won't let me reboot normally now and I'm screwed. I told it boot into safe mode, then I'm met with that error. I can't get around it, and stupid thing is it booted into normal mode just would crash when I tried installing drivers for this videocard. idk what to think, what a waste of time. I just want to reboot normally again and there is like literally no way to make Windows 8 do this, it keeps trying safe mode. I'll have to use Ubuntu and copy the stuff off the hard drive before I reinstall Windows 8 (again) god help me..... shift f8 does nothing, it's meaningless to Windows 8 during boot.

In all fairness I had just finished a burn in test for my overclocking but everything shown as stable in Prime95. anyways I think my videocard is screwed but it makes no sense, maybe the mobo, idk I'll let you guys know bye

18. Dranzerk

Dranzerk Active Member

Both driver sets need to be pulled from site. I could not install it on my GTX 670 computer to, hard crashes computer.

19. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Try installing in safe mode.

20. schloppy

schloppy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF V2
    They installed without an issue for me and performance seems good but more importantly they have been stable so far.