Looking for FPS games

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by alonbl, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    mass effect is an RPG 3rd person, no way near an fps.

2. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    I can vouche for TRON 2.0. If you can get it be sure to get the free Killer App that adds additional features to the game and enables you to run the game on current Windows versions (at least Win7 32 and 64 bit). The game makes you feel totally immersed in the game and story. Very well done.

3. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    A few people here mention Far Cry. Keep in mind each game is completely different from the others.

FC1 = Tropical islands setting and an interesting story with a Sci-Fi element. A great FPS with a large map and some very challenging points along the way. Graphics are a bit dated but the game is still visually stunning and lots of fun to play.

FC2 = Set in an imaginary African country with a broad variety of environments (desert, jungle, mountains, savannah, etc.). This offering has very strong realism in terms of player controls and combat. The main story is very simple but the realistic interactive environment and combat with mercenaries during missions is the heart of this FPS. No scripted play which makes this game the gift that keeps on giving.

FC3 = Back to a tropical island setting. FC3 seems to be a hybrid of the previous two games. Heavy use of automated gameplay (quick time events and fully scripted major battles with screen prompts). There are elements of FC2 (capturing outposts) and FC1 (tropical islands) but the game introduces a lot of activities in-game that have nothing to do with the story or gameplay in general (more like sidebar activities and hobbies if that makes sense). People love the graphics...but many find the game to become boring rather quickly.

4. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    F.E.A.R 1 + expansion packs, F.E.A.R 2 + DLC and then if you must F.E.A.R 3 which was ok but no where as near as good as the first 2.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Please read the OP he listed dead space and Alan Wake both third person action/adventure, mass effect is closer to a FPS than those two games.

6. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Nobody mentioned Operation Flashpoint or the ArmA series. These are fairly thick games to get into but once you become fluent with the gameplay it really immerses you. These are definitely not your run-of-the-mill FPS type games...more like first person simulations I would think.

7. alonbl

alonbl Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 780 OC 3GB
    Thanks guys keep on naming good games! I'm now playing- Singularity, Borderlands 2 and Serious Sam 3 BFE Deluxe Edition.

8. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Guys, what about Brink?
    Is it any good?

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Brink is terrible

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    guys what do u think of The saboteur from 2009, is it good?

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Medal of honor ?

12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    The Saboteur is ok. It's a little slow paced for my liking.

If you want to play Medal of Honor play Allied Assault. All the others suck in comparison

13. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Reading this thread makes me think back to all the FPS games I have played over the years. I know these are old but Return to Castle Wolfenstein was pretty good as was the Command & Conquer FPS (Renegade). The first FEAR was good but I never played any of the follow ups. Of course the first Half-Life is also a gem and its expansion packs. Another game I enjoy to this day is Evolva (which is third-person). It plays well and you control 4 members of a "team" where you can switch to any member of the team and the AI controls the remaining three based on your actions to some extent.

Although not strictly a FPS, the Battlezone games are also excellent to play and have been updated by one of the original programmers so they work on Windows 7 or XP. Personally I think the Battlezone games are one of the best computer games ever created. The Forgotten Enemies mod for Battlezone 2 is enormous and very challenging to complete. Pretty much a game by itself.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  14. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    I'm looking for suggestins about EYE Divine Cybermancy.
    Never saw news on forum about this.
    Did anybody got a hands on?

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I did. But I didn`t like its gameplay.

16. alonbl

alonbl Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 780 OC 3GB
    There is a new game called Payday 2 - it looks good. I'm downloading it now.