0.99 GB of RAM?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by codeoverride, May 14, 2006.

1. arnie

arnie Guest

GPU:
    Radeon x1800xt 256mb
    Yeah, i would get a 6600gt. Maybe a 7600GS, i doubt one of them draws too much power

2. codeoverride

codeoverride Member

GPU:
    Intel 900 Integrated Graphics
    Does it matter that I had to separate the pair of 256MB from the color-coded slots in order to put the 512MB stick? What's the advantage of running "dual channel mode"?

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    doesn't really have a noticable advantage of running dual channel.... least i don't think it does. is the power supply in your computer a full size PSU, or is it one of the smaller ones that are almost half the size of a standard PSU? if it's full size, you could probably even get a slightly more powerful power supply and easily run a 6600/6600GT... or maybe even a 7600GT...

4. daveid

daveid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS + 7300GT DDR3 / 7600GS
    I believe your psu is definately suitable for a 6600gt. and for occasional gaming at lower resolutions, it is a very nice card to have.

5. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    I fixed a computer where one of those Bestec 300W power supplies had failed.

It had taken the Mobo and a stick of ram with it too. Not trying to put you off, but i dont really trust them...

Get an FSP or something - cheap, yet good :)

6. codeoverride

codeoverride Member

GPU:
    Intel 900 Integrated Graphics
    So an FSP will fit where the currently Bestec sits? Someone else mentioned it'd be hard to find a PSU that will fit because Sony tends to fit PSUs of non-standard form factor so you can't upgrade them except by chopping the case :frown: