What hobby did you stop doing and why?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by FULMTL, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Arend.C

Arend.C Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    Doing krav can be though after (or at the start) of a busy day, but it's sooo usefull in real life when necessary. I have to train fewer times every week because of work but i doubt i'll stop anytime soon.

KIDA

2. ibitato

ibitato Guest

W h o e s
    Damm expensive and addictive

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    ...You used to read FJ?

Not sure if I've really given up a hobby, at least not intentionally. Fishing I've not done a lot of for awhile, but I'll probably go back to it at some point.

4. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    that's why I'm studying law and not some techie stuff, its better as a hobby than making it your job, plus I also like to argue with people :p

true, I was an inventor until I got internet :nerd:, and I don't have a lot of toys to break and transform into other things nowadays

5. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Nah it was memecenter. That place got so negative. It's tough to look at a lot of comments on the internet today. People just throw out terrible words and hide behind their monitors because they can.

I can't say I don't do it. I used to love the feeling of throwing out a good troll comment and never coming back to read the responses to know that I must've pissed off so many people. It makes me chuckle a little bit. I try to keep my comments on the sites I still visit more humorous rather than offensive. It's just immature troll.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Skydiving. Don't really have a reason as to why I stopped. I guess I lost interest. I do jump every once and a while, but not like I use to.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ice hockey, too much work to keep it going. Most recently it looks like PC gaming will have to take a massive step back. Even thinking about selling my monster.

8. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    All my free time as a teenager was spent towards video gaming. As I grew older I added guitar into the mix and then firearms when I turned 21. I got married and had a kid recently and I've had to totally drop guitar and I barely play video games or go to the range. I don't regret the time I spend with my kid though. :)

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I used to play guitar and bass from time to time and I was pretty good. I could play some basic Nirvana stuff and that was about it. The reason I gave that up is that I lost interest and do not have time to devote to it anymore.

Painting yes I am an artist (landscapes) The reason why I gave up this is because due to the lack of time and cleaning up the mess. I hope to return to this hobby because I really enjoy doing it.

Well as far as computers ruining us I agree because this is the electronic age and kids these days have some kid of electronic gizmo in their hands. Back when I was a kid growing up Computers and video games were pretty much a past time for me. I pretty much spent my time outside.

10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Playing Games competitively, mainly CS. Quit doing that knowing I'm trying to get a better job (which makes the combination with that impossible).

Unlike what most people think, in CS being any good requires quite alot of time and planning, especially team wise. You have to show up at X hours for practice, keep in shape (hand eye coordination), ...

It was almost like a sport but without the physical stuff.

I also forgot how to enjoy playing videogames. It became a chore.

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^LOL

Do it again :D

12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
  13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I see what he did there. :p

14. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Man this sounds like my cousin with Team Fortress 2. He used to play the game competitively and he forgot how to have fun.

15. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    I had that feeling to back in 2000 playing cs all day long for years on the won network,didn't have a job back then so i woke up in the morning fired up the computer went for breakfast and then game on...i was happy when BF1942 was released finally something else.:nerd:

16. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    I still play video games, just not as much as before (once every few days, and for not all that long).

I still shoot, just not as much as before (rarely, actually).

I still fly RC planes, just not as much as before (rarely, actually).

I've only been in 2 driving events in the last 2 years, but I want to start going again.
    I hope to next year, or maybe again at the end of this season.

The only hobby I really quit quit was paintball. I still have my equipment, but I don't have any more friends that play, and it was never the kind of activity where I'd go play solo with strangers.

-scheherazade

17. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Well this will make you all laugh Yoga did it for a few years to help with injuries really helped me keep fit at the time I need to get back into it again this year pains are creeping back and putting a few pounds back on plus going to be starting a new job soon office based support role so I wont be running around like I used to.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Masterbation, went blind.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ what he said

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    That's right, I remember seeing some hockey photos of you in the "post your pic" section.

Kudos for that (playing hockey). A British hockey player is as rare as a Finnish soccer player I'm sure ;)

Plus ice hockey is my dearest hobby, in all its forms (watching it, playing it myself, playing it on PS3 etc.)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014