Mario kart 8

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, May 15, 2014.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I call fake. Why would Sony have Watchdogs on their list of games when its out in a few weeks?

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Fair enough on the hardest difficulty but on the N64 it was from the word GO!
    Still a good game for its time, but this is a fact that the game was a flawed classic because of this, had great Battlekart however the N64 i thought.

I remember myself and a friend played the BK first time on N64, we racked up 100 battles each before quitting at 7 am in the morning! Considering you needed to pop 3 baloons for a win, well it took alongtime to hit 200 played rounds. I never played it again after that night, burnt myself out on it but it was good at the time.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I don't have a Wii U anymore. Won't be buying another until I see a steady amount of games I want. I'd run through Mario Kart 8 in a night or weekend and then the system would collect dust for a year.

I agree with Veteran, snes was the best one. They've been trying to recapture lightening in a bottle ever since. All of them are decent, but the original did everything just right.

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    There is no 3DS version.

So I think it's a safe bet that it doesn't have all the same features.

Looking forward to playing this online though.

5. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I think its called rubber banding when ai is on your tail like in motorstorm doesn't matter how perfect your laps are the ai are up your arse the minute you make one mistake on the last lap.

6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Anyone able to confirm for me if co-op play in grand prix mode can unlock content? Tempted to pick this up for next weekend if it's out and get a few friends around.

7. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    so true

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Posted today for delivery tomorrow (hopefully).

Amazingly, know 3 other people with a Wii U, so I can get some MP on the go.

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Should totally have the game in my post office so. Gonna go get it today.

10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Wii-U Nintendo games look like modern-retro games. I would have much preferred the controller, considering it's size to actually be the console especially as games don't look that good on tv.

11. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    I've been playing versus and grand prix with my kids and we've unlocked all the characters and a ton of vehicle upgrades.
    It seems to go on the amount of coins collected and it takes everyone playing into account.

BTW it IS brilliant!

12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yep, have to agree, played it with some friends last night and had a blast.

The WiiU needs more games like Kart and DK tbh.

13. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Cheers, looks like I'll be picking up a WiiU after all.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Same here, ill be ordering the mario kart pack this week. i have been playing at a friends house and it was just awesome.

Does anyone know if the free game is also for the mario kart pack or just the game ?

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Any mario kart 8, wherever you buy it from.

It's the code inside that you get with nintendo games and register on their site.

I got the Wonderful 101, only decent one left I didn't own alredy.

BTW, in their T&Cs there seems to be something that says you can no longer download it at all past september-ish time, not sure if it's mines forever once it's been downloaded or if I delete it I can get it back after that.

16. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I'm currently on the look out for a good deal on the Mario Kart 8 bundle, it was £200 at Tesco last month and I missed out on it, it's currently back up to £240. If it drops to around £200 again I'll pick one up for sure.

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Does the Wii U play old Wii and GC games?

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Wii yes, GC no.

It's got a Wii inside it, but they didn't have support for GC discs.

If you hack the virtual wii on it (which is a risky thing in itself) then there are some loaders for GC games.

19. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    What a day I had yesterday. Ordered a Mario Kart Wii U from GAME and they cancelled the order, OK, lets try again, I double check everything and yep all details are correct. I order again and this time they take the money but still cancel the order. Now my funds are frozen and I have no console. In short, **** GAME, I will never order from them ever again. The only reason I did this time was because they offer free next day express shipping on orders over £150 and I was impatient. In over 10 years of ordering online I have never had this issue with any other company.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    right, ive ordered the mario kart 8 pack , including quad recharge station. should have it tommorow :D