Looking for an alternative to iphone

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Deckard, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    Thank you all for your advice,

unfortunatley the LG optimus is not with my carrier, I really don't like the look of the nexus 4. and the SIII in non 4g and 4g variants is a headache,

So with that said the Nokia Lumina 820 with 4g ready and support for exchange push notification looks like the new pohne for me, but I will wait until im in the local shop and have it in my hand to confirm. a close second was going to be the Sony Xperia T. but again the deicision will be made in 2 weeks when Im due the free upgrade.

thanks for you help GURU's

:)

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    4G really matters that much? The coverage in the UK is pretty terrible as is.

Much lower resolution on the nokia 820 compared to the s3, and as far as the million 4g varieties of the S3, in the UK you only need to concern yourself with the international one, the GT-I9305 (the only other one you might get in the UK is the GT-I9300, the non 4G version)

3. CasperTm

CasperTm Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X OC 2GB Gaming
    I bought Xperia P one week ago. All i can say its the best phone i've ever had.
    So so so many customization in android, i simly love it. And the phone is fast as lightning. (using Go! theme, locker, Go! everything now)

I can suggest u Sony. :)

4. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Ive just ordered my SGS3 i9305 and I cant wait, im hoping there is an option in it to turn off the 4G radio to save battery as im only on T-mobile but either way itll be a nice phone, especially for 39 quid (£36 p/m 24 month) where the iphone 5 was 109 quid. iphone is still a lovely phone but lacking in some ways and nearly three times the price! Whilst ive no current plans to use the 4G in any phone its a 'nice to have' if ever I do.

I was a bit tempted by windows 8 phones but the app store is still a bit lacking at the moment and ill wait and see how it matures in 2 years when I can upgrade again.

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    My brother bought one and has the same feedback, except that the battery is the best he's seen in a smartphone for his moderate uses.

6. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    I've just done exactly the same thing. A couple of weeks ago. Decided against the iphone cos of price. I was very tempted by the nokia 920 cos I love wp8 as an OS but the lack of apps put me off.

7. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    I've just done exactly the same thing. A couple of weeks ago. Decided against the iphone cos of price. I was very tempted by the nokia 920 cos I love wp8 as an OS but the lack of apps put me off.

8. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    ^ Double post MikeMK.