SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Random functions not exists in shaders?

About the invisible number I'm talking in the case you have two passes (for example 1-luma sharpen and 2-film grain) and info can travel from 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 using hidden info into the frame.

2. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Yes , between the passes .. but not the frames - which is what I need.

And no - there is no random function for pixel shaders.
    You have to either sample a random noise texture - which I can't because I can't load custom textures with the InjectSMAA dll ..
    Or you could make a pseudo random function with math - which I could do (actually I already have made such a shader for MPC), but I would still need a seed number that changed from frame to frame.

3. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    so forgive me if I repeat but at least I can learn something from you XD

If you can pass information between the passes, you can increase this information. Or last pass information can not go to first (first of the next frame) again?

4. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX

5. Crugath

Crugath Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Great screenshots!

I've just tried to take a few screenshots myself, using MSI Afterburner, and I have the "Enable compatability with modified Direct3D runtime libraries" option checked, but when I take screenshots, the image is saved before any SweetFX processing. Any one got any ideas?

6. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    try this way...

hit print screen then open up paint and hit ctrl+v and then save as whatever you want

7. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    It's hard to explain without repeating myself.

Maybe some basic theory on how rendering works will help.

Normally the image you see is rendered using two buffers (this is called double buffering)
    One buffer holds the image you see - this is called the front buffer.

While the you are shown the front buffer the GPU is rendering the next frame into another buffer - the back buffer.

It renders all the pixels (usually from top to bottom) - this is called a pass.
    It can then do another pass where it reads from the previous pass if needed, or as many passes as is needed - developer tries hard to keep the number of passes low as they take time and performance is critical.

Single-pass or multiple pass - once it's done with that frame it flips the buffers.

The back buffer becomes the front buffer and the front buffer is cleared and becomes the new back buffer .. a fresh clean slate to write the next frame on while the new front buffer is being displayed on screen.

Normally a game would do maybe one pass to the back buffer and then flip the buffers.
    With a shader injector, it does it's passes, and then the shader injector does another pass (or more - the InjectSMAA injector I use for SweetFX does 3) and then when the frame is finally done, the frame buffers are flipped again.

The injector only lets me read from the back buffer as it was after the game had finished it's lass pass. It does not let me read from the previous frame that is being displayed in the front buffer (it could but that not how it was programmed) and no data from previous frames is retained in the backbuffer because it is cleared before the game starts rendering to it and even if it wasn't the game would overwrite the data.

8. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    Use the injector screenshot instead of that.

A few more screenshots that were uploading and i couldnt post @ my folder

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9loe4f7errktern/pKTAC_Id5z/PCars%20Screenshots/25%20September

(i know today is not the 25th :p )

This is an amazing work Ceejay, thank you so much again!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  9. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    The easiest is to use the injectors own screenshot function - it always works.
    It's mapped to Printscreen by default and saves the screenshotxxxx.bmp files in the same folder as SweetFX is in.

To capture video, try dxtory or playclaw.

10. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Any rough estimate on when SweetFX 1.2 will be out? I'm thinking of doing a performance comparison.

11. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    When I deem it ready. Hopefully before monday.

12. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Nice, can't wait. :)

13. Peakr

Peakr Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    Any chance of getting some brightness control in Torchlight 2? The game surprisingly doesn't offer this feature. I've tried the tonemap settings but it doesn't seem to have an effect.

Nevermind, it seems to be working now. Great tool :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  14. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    It's really just minor tweaks to the performance and a fix to dither.
    Also hotkeys for preset if I get it done before monday - that's the real feature of 1.2

15. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Wahh, sorry mate, guess i forgott to post my settings, hehe..

ok, here we go...

1. INGAME: Both AA OFF...

2. SweetFX settings:

SMAA i did set to the highest setting i can..Quality wise..32/16
    I did set Sharpen between 0.4 and 0.5...
    Vibrance i use/d around 0.2 - 0.5, depends on the Map/Game, etc..some allready have good colors like the new Armored Kill maps..
    IMPORTANT: IN BF3 Set SMAA CORNER ROUNDING to "0"

Jup, these are my only settings i use now for BF3..its good AA and the little sharoening also makes a nice difference, but not too much so u would get strange oversharpen or looks unreal..

Hope that helps...

-BetA-

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    If anyone is using this for Guild Wars 2, can You please post your settings.

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I seem to be having an issue with Guild Wars 2 while this injector is active. I know the tool is working because GW2 looks a lot better, but I Precision overlay wont work. So I tick the box in OSD Server to run with modified d3d files and restart the game. Now the game crashes everytime I log in. Can anyone else with this game try it and tell me if it's happening to you as well.

18. Kuldebar

Kuldebar Guest

GPU:
    GT730 2GB/DDR5
    Overlays in general, from what I've read, have issues with injectors. It's the DX9 wrapper if I recall. There may be a work around for your issue, maybe someone will chime in.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    same happens in tl2 for me. i just don't bother trying to get the osd to work in tl2 because i get over 100fps anyway. shame about it not working in gw2 though, monitoring would be important for me in gw2

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Fraps works. :nerd:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.