LG 29EB93-P 29-Inch Ultra-Wide LCD Monitor

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    LG is about up to launch their newest ultra-wide LCD monitor, the 29EB93-P. Adopting an AH-IPS panel, this new 29-inch LED-backlight monitor provides 2560 x 1080 native resolution with 21:9 aspect rat...

LG 29EB93-P 29-Inch Ultra-Wide LCD Monitor

2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    y'know there is such a thing as too wide. While many movies might appropriately fill this screen, people's eyes are capable of moving up and down too...

Every once in a while I still enjoy a 4:3 monitor due to the extra height and not having to drag a mouse without having to turn my head.

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I like this, as I may have mentioned before: of monitors using the 'proper' wide aspect ratio.

Probably a marketing reason for this, but why not just rationalise it to 2.3:1? I mean, it's not like this is aimed at the 'dimmed-witted masses', is it? Looks very much aimed at prosumer market, and these people understand ratios without needing to keep to a X:9 for them to comprehend, methinks.

In related news, the Dell U2913WM has lower input lag than the LG, even though LG supplied Dell with the exact same panel.

Also, AOC have released their 2.3:1 monitor, calling it q2963Pm . Once again, using the exact same LG panel.

Who will have the best overall monitor? Dell, AOC or the manufacturer of the panel?

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    If I ever stop using a tv as a monitor I would be getting something like this. Would love to play games in super wide.

5. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Looks beautiful & has PLENTY of HDMI inputs. :)

6. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I actually plan to get one of these, but I think it's more useful when I'm working on music production. Not that shifting eyes over to a second screen would make you lose any bit of time, but it's wide enough that one is enough.

7. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    well.. 2560x1440 monitor is better. Maybe they "fix" broken panels and cut it "halv" and sell as "widescreen"?

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Ask them.

And the quality of a monitor is directly proportional to the panel used, which in this case is by 3 manufacturers: LG, Dell and AOC.

Some people need to work with this aspect ratio, because of the industry or career they work in - and as far as they are concerned, 2560x1440 is inferior, because it lacks the correct aspect ratio. To them, this is a god send.

9. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I was interested in three of this type of monitor,until I checked the size of the screen viewing area. The width is great at 27 inches,but the height of the screen is only 12 inches. Not good for gaming,which is what I wanted them for.

10. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Too wide, i´m human not a hammer shark.

11. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hahahaha that cracked me up :D i just got the AOC its fantastico though im still messing with it :D all my bluray movies with black borders don`t have them anymore :D