Afterburner 1.5.0 Beta 5 (2010-1-21)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Garrett_Wu, Jan 21, 2010.

1. kingnosser

kingnosser Banned

GPU:
    MSI560tiTFII/OC/1GB
    I was using precision but since trying this out I feel this is better. Just would like the option to have a mini mode that just displays the temps and profiles to be able to switch to for normal use but all the same very good application :)

2. deehoo

deehoo New Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX260
    While using Forceware 196.21 user defined software auto fan control does not work. Is there a way to fix this?

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Software auto fan control is called _software_ not just for fun. It is hardware and driver independent feature, it works as soon as fixed fan control is provided by driver and functioning properly. And there are no known issues with fixed fan control mode under these drivers and with your hardware. Summarizing: there is no such known issue and there is no fix on the way. Check your system and configure it properly.

4. lenehan

lenehan Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7970 DirectCUII TOP
    Not sure is this a norm, as if I set the "EnableUnofficialOverclocking" to 1 and I set the profile 1 in AB to OC 950/1200 (5870) save and applied but the core and memory clock will not down clock to in 2D mode. It keep staying 950/1200 until I reset it to default. Thank you.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010

5. Unwinder

Yes, it is absolutely normal and expected. Thank ATI for that. Lack of PowerPlay support is one of reasons why these unlimited overclocking features are called UNOFFICIAL and provided with no support at all. I don't provide it as an option available to end users to minimize the risk of seeing "it breaks powerplay, fix it ASAP". And I assume that those who unlock it via CFG editina are understanding what to expect from unofficial ATI clock control interfaces.

6. lenehan

lenehan Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7970 DirectCUII TOP
    Thanks Unwinder. It all ATI call now to address the power play issue. Good work from you and keep it up.

7. deehoo

deehoo New Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX260
    Thank you for your answer. Auto fan control worked just fine out-of-box with previous of driver I used. Maybe I'll just try to uninstall and re-install forceware next.

E: Works fine after reinstalling drivers.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  8. thirdman

thirdman Member

any idea how to turn off that on-screen display tray icon? i don't use it actually...but it won't let me close it.

9. theGryphon

theGryphon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX295 Dual-PCB x 2
    If you're using Profile management or Framerate monitoring, RTSS will be enabled and run at the background. It does quite a few more things than just being an OSD server...

10. thirdman

thirdman Member

oh...ok, guess i'll just leave it on
    thanx for the answer :)

11. Unwinder

Correct. And there is OSD server usage information in <i> window, soyou can always press <i> button to see which features are causing the server to be autoloaded on your system.

12. theGryphon

theGryphon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX295 Dual-PCB x 2
    Oh yeah, there is that neat feature! :thumbup: I forgot to mention.

13. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    "Some of MSI Afterburner components are expired, missing or corrupted." I get this error when trying to launch the prog. any ideas on why this is happening? 1.42 works fine.

14. ibitato

ibitato Guest

that the beta lisence expired
    every beta its just 1 week

seach the forum for the next beta, 28 1 2010 beta 6 i think

15. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    tryed the new betas and it worked. and thanks for the info on the expiration period! :)

16. Fayzacantik

Fayzacantik Member

GPU:
    Saphire 4770
    in RT my shader clock can go up to 1745 but in MSI afterburner I got only 1545, can somebody tell me how to the change shader limit perhaps to 2000Mhz

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010