NVIDIA launches Gear Up Game bundle

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 11, 2013.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX

Yeah but you know nvidia they probably charge sony and the others to promote those games.j/k

Most people will just buy the card and get those coupons as and after thuoght Then install the games and see how much they suck then stop playing.... Simple :)

As apossed to getting the card for the Top titles in the bundle like amd did

Nv is to cheap to buy the bundle for c3 like they did with c1 and thats what they really should do...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    is it time for AMD and Nvidia to play the who can one up the other? lmao

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    You buy a graphics card to play games, no?

4. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Well, my experience in the past has always been that if I can find a "bare" card without a bundle in times that normally has bundles I can always get that card a tad bit cheaper. And that is good, since more often than not I have no interest in the bundled games.

5. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    That's one sucky bundle. At least with the AMD bundle you get stuff that will push your hardware.

Even I benefit from AMD's promotions, I get those games dirt cheap and I will do the same again! Already have a complete setup, so don't care about what either companies offer now but I don't see anyone picking an Nvidia card because of these games.

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Yes I do. But I'm not going to let a bundle determine what I'm going to buy. I've owned one AMD card in my life and I will never own another one. I don't care if they give me 30 free games with it.

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I feel pretty much the same with Nvidia cards. ;) (They get hotter than the centre of the sun)But I think the FTP money off game promos are not so bad.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    not all nvidia cards suffer heat problems...so dont know what you're basing that experience on. (480/295 perhaps?)

Same goes for AMD, in fact I think heat issues are a thing of the past, coolers on both sides are good.

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Last one I had was a 8800. :)

10. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    its true, who cares about free digital items?

11. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    which was known for being extremely hot in general. AMD had the same issues with the cards out at the time. the card i bought before the 8800.. (x1600 or some such) overheated on me day1 and I had to replace it with the 8800 rofl!

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    my 2 moderatly overclock 680`s do not see 70c, one card high 60`s other mid 60`s. pretty sure thats way cooler than the sun. thats with voltage unlock as well

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    dunno I got 2 free borderlands 2 game coupons with my 680`s a little better than that current deal, got 2 free primal carnage from evga. just gave them all away to some forum members

14. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Funny how any news from AMD or Nvidia, no matter how trivial, can trigger a squabble here on the forums between rival factions. If AMD and Nvidia were neighboring countries, the citizens of both nations would have gone to war a long time ago without their governments' declaration of war (seeing how the two are in collusion with one another).

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Yes but the red army always loses and changes their name

16. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    How so...and how many times have they changed there name...once ....when Amd bought Ati

17. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    You could make the same argument with 3dfx...

18. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Let's not make any argument and stick to the thread topic. Fanboys, sheesh!

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    If i go and buy another 680 tomorrow i'll get ass creed3 and £100 in-game credit to use in three ftp games.
    Thing is two of those are about to be injected with some nice PhysX effects, which is just fantastic, i've tried Hawken, it's ok but the in-game credit will make it more fun, same for planetside, but i'm not touching that till the PhysX injection.
    So yeah, it's all good.
    *I'm actually debating on another card within the next few days but best to wait till after titan i guess till prices fall a bit. (though cards are more difficult to find as time goes on)

20. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    I'll be eternally grateful if a good soul will donate his WoT code to my poor soul. :D