What is a good MMORPG to play right now with friends?!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mf2385, Feb 10, 2013.

1. mf2385

mf2385 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    I am looking for a good mmorpg to play right now with friends and buddies of mine. We've been looking for a good mmo to play really since our Guild Wars 2 adventure and it has been over and done with for some time now. We also played a lot of Swtor and that was even more fun to us, more-so then even Guild Wars 2. Here are some of the mechanics we are looking for in an MMORPG:

-Huge explorable content area
    -Big raids 8-16 players minimum
    -Vast guild system (if possible, kind of like EQ2)
    -Race alignments (Good vs Evil) (Kind of like in SWTOR) (Empire vs Republic)
    -Do quests with buddies, achievements, lot of stuff to do..
    -Open World PvP

Thanks guys for any advice!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  2. MrRixter

MrRixter Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 295x2
  3. mf2385

mf2385 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Lmao c'mon there's gotta be something pretty good out there. I'm almost tempted to back into Swtor, but I don't really want to lol

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  4. Blood487

Blood487 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Direct CUII 580(SLI)
    Why not give Tera a go? It's just gone F2P on the 5th.

If not, check out RaiderZ :)

5. mf2385

mf2385 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    I did try Tera, idk if I really enjoyed it. Does RaiderZ have pretty big raids and a lot to explore and what not? I will try it out tonight, I'm off to work now.

Does it have stuff that I am looking for in my opening post?

6. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    Planetside 2? it's not an MMORPG but if you can get some form of TeamSpeak type vocal communication going then you and your squad should have an amazing time in the biggest online fire fights you will ever see. At the very least it will improve your online squad combat techniques.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Rift is the most complete pve mmo out there right now. by far. for pvp go with gw2.

8. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Rift, its lot like EQ(lmost of the ppl behind it come from there, scott hartsman was up untill last month lead dev there), 2 faction system, BUT, pvp wise the game has a far too varied class system and it lacks balance. If you want to do pve and a little pvp on the side such as battlegrounds then go for it, otherwise if you only want pvp, GW2.

9. gbooster

gbooster Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx
    Rift is good, but game engine is pretty bad.

Really if you want to have fun with your buds, go play WoW. It's got tons of content and it's still the most polished MMO around. It has open world PVP. It has the best raids of any game out there.
    You and your friends can play for free up to level 20 to try it out.

10. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I'm surprised to read this, I think Rifts engine is one of the best MMO engines, it looks great and ran great for me maxed out. I no longer play it (I won't pay from an MMO anyone), but I could never call Rifts engine bad.

It's the MMO I really want to go F2P, I miss my old Assassin and Mage (and my mechanical spider mount).

11. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    World of Warcraft.
    There is no world pvp in any mmo anymore.
    Haven't played it since Wotlk because it was getting worse, but that's because I was too used to old style MMOs. If you start now or if you didn't play it before Wotlk I believe you'll love it.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Whatever you do avoid that one called Real Life, judging by the reviews its a bit avg.

13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea if you havent played wow before you will enjoy it.

14. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Open world pvp? Must have missed that entirely for the past few years I've played off and on. The raids have been becoming worse since mid Wrath, I'd say Rift is superior. It also has a better game engine. Most of the content lacks relevance at high level, and Blizzard does everything it can to make sure you know max level is where you should be.

Good point on the trial however, although that'll see you through an afternoon or so. If you've never played it before you wont know what you're missing I suppose.

15. mf2385

mf2385 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    I hate to say it so outright, but **** WoW. I am not playing WoW and I won't play WoW. But anyway Rift is good? Does it have most, if not all of the points of interest that I enjoy in an mmo listed in my original response?

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It has everything that WoW has, and then some. With the recent Storm Legion expansion the world is HUGE! Can't say much for raiding because I've only ran a few raids in Rift, but they were great. You can level any way you want. Dungeons, Rifts, questing etc. There's different currencies that allow you to buy different things, all sorts of dynamic events everywhere (called Instant adventures). It has a proper open world unlike some other recent MMOs.

About WoW. it's been so watered down now that it's a bad joke. you look at the skill tree and you don't know whether to cry or smile. Rift on the other hand allows you to run 4 different roles with proper ability trees and allows you to build the character exactly the way you want.

It has a ton of content, really good. It's quite a WoW clone, mind, but it does most of the things better.

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Haha its alright. tbh even vanilla changed now. Vanilla wow was great. But anyway, give Rift a go. Guild Wars 2 is good but its all about PvP which is a shame!

18. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Well OK I'd still argue it's one of the best MMOs around. I tried Rift twice but didn't like it, but give it a go.

19. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    In my mind GW2 matches everything you want perfectly, with the exception of 8 man+ "raids".

I played Rift when they had a free trial and didn't think much of it, but it's mostly personal preference. WoW is really old and costs money each month.... I wouldn't be too interested in it myself at this point. Regnum Online is one of the only MMOs that has true "open world pvp" it's similar to GW2, but on a smaller and less involved scale and it's called "Realm vs Realm" with 3 totally separate worlds fighting for the same central land. It's F2P too, but don't expect anything with modern graphics etc... You could also check out TESO, which is supposed to be out sometime in 2013 and should meet most of your requirements (maybe all of them).

http://www.championsofregnum.com/

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

20. mf2385

mf2385 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    I played GW2, although it is very good. I really like bigger raids like in swtor even, where you would go with 8 players into raids or 16 like in eq. I do like GW2 though for the most part.