Corsair H60 gets reviewed the 2013 edition that is [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We'll have a look, test and review the updated revision of the Corsair H60 (2013 edition). The Hydro Series H60 (2013 Edition) updates the first generation Hydro Series H60 by incorporating several n...

Corsair H60 gets reviewed the 2013 edition that is

2. Xentinel

Xentinel Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB
    Hi Hilbert

Is there any chance you can share the bios settings you used for that 4.6Ghz @ 1.2V overclock?

By the way wonderful review, you covered a lot more than I'm used to seeing in a cooler review

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  3. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Hilbert does this have the loose backplate problem the H100i and H80i have? I have the h80i and the backplate was very loose and my temps were really bad. 53+ idle and 80+ under load. I removed it and went back to my old cooler. Apparently it can be fixed with rubber washers which I plan on testing.
    According to Corsair the loose backplate is fine, but I have seen a video of a guy with the problem. He pressed on the cpu block and his temps are in the 50's, he removes the pressure and they shoot up to 80. So something is clearly wrong.

4. Mike V

Mike V Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 Armor
    My H100i backplate is also loose but temps are fine. Are you sure you tightened the block enough? I didn't and my temps were bad too. After tightening really good with a screwdriver everything was fine.

It really needs a bit of force to work well.

5. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I hear these are pretty great when used with a GPU and a dwood backplate. I'm thinking about doing it to my next GPU next year.

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    These things are great for vga's even with just tie shraps.
    I have a few h70's just for video cards and feel its a great way to cool your card,even with a spacer for amd card it works well..

Back to what its made for

Its a hot chip the 3770k

For sb and even sb-e you would get good numbers,for me i would not get anything less then a h70 and better fans for my cpus but for most the h60 will do.