When will Rivatuner 2.25 be released ?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by kingsface, Jun 13, 2009.

1. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    so does this mean 2.25 will be last version ? and what is "lite" version?
    i have ati card- does evga presicion work for me? if you are no longer goeing to update r.t. after 2.25 then will you pass on to another programmer? i love rivatuner (been using it for 2.5yrs now) and greatly appreciate all the effort you have put into making it, would be greatly missed if development stopped. maybe you should start charging money for full version of r.t. then maybe devleopment can continue??
    thanks again for your supreme work.

2. frag85

frag85 Member

GPU:
    GTX275 SLI
    no one said RT will no longer be updated....

3. Warl0rd

Warl0rd Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DirectCU II
    all i hope is that you're able to keep both the free community version and the commercial(s) one(s).

if you get paid to do some codding on commercial one and a few months later you add those features to the free community version, that would be fine for me :)

after all, its nice to keep RT free, but we all have to eat and the money has to come from somewhere :D

4. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Let's just have the patience guys, Unwinder is certainly working on it, and he already posted some time ago that the next version would be delayed due to other obligations. In the meantime we have the official control panel and other third party tools to fill in the gasps.

5. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    oh good , i thought that when he says "one more lite version" that it meant no more updates after 2.25. my mistake.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Patience, nobody is saying that RT won't be updated anymore. I tried to get rid of my hobby (RT) many times during the last 10 years with no luck. So there is nothing to worry about. I've just returned to office after my vacation yesterday so I can visit the forums more frequently now. Talking about new tool mentioned above (one more RT lite based project), the project launch is scheduled on Autumn '09 so I'll be really busy whole August and probably September. I'm not sure if I'll be able to update RT while working on this new project so there are no promises, however there are still some chances to see 2.25 released soon. From features POV new project will be positioned by vendor between RT and EVGA Precision. I.e. it will contain basic hardware monitoring (including OSD and tray icon monitoring), fan control and overclocking features + advanced fan control scheduling and GPU memory voltage controls (for custom design hardware designed by vendor). The tool will support both ATI and NVIDIA display adapters, but most likely the vendor will not allow using the tool with non-native hardware (i.e. there will be subvendor ID lock).

7. alxtorrentazos

alxtorrentazos Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060 OC
    Hi Unwinder, nice to see you back :)
    So, version 2.25 near vis7a sp3 launch day? (October 22)? ;)

8. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Welcome back. Hope your tank was refilled.

9. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    edited

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  10. Unwinder

Hehe... The magic of email notifications feature allows me to see all edited things ;) Thanks for support, Marc!

11. Unwinder

Some news

As some of you probably know, MSI holds overclocking competition (MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009) in Beijing on 8/29. RT with official 190.xx drivers family support is really needed for that, however I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish 2.25 version till that time.
    So probably we'll release small update (something like RT 2.24 MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 edition) featuring just 190.xx series support. And fully featured v2.25 will be released a bit later.

12. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    :rolleyes: Anytime.

13. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Thanks

14. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Ah, picking up EVGA voltage tuner huh? :thumbup:

hehe now get ur ass to work !

15. yleclerc

yleclerc Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1660 6GB
    Rivatuner 2.24b

In the mean time, Rivatuner 2.24b has just been released. What does this offer?

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    like he just said 19x.xx driver support so the guys in china can overclock to 1000+ using new drivers.
    but no cfg. files added thuo. for the 275/4890?(i hope they dont use the 275 cards there :))

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  17. SWadkins

SWadkins Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX295+9800GTX
    Thanks unwinder for the good work with the patch! RT is running again perfect on the 190.38 and Windows 7 64

18. kingsface

kingsface Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570 @ 900Mhz AXP
    Hey Unwinder ! Can you include an update button in rivatuner or is it of no use because I'm going to need to uninstall it first and then re-install a later version (speaking in general) ? Thanks

19. Unwinder

I'm afraid no, sorry

20. gumtree

gumtree New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 130M/512MB DDR3
    in upcoming release of rivatuner will you include this year nvidia gpu's such as GT 130M (G96M), etc? if yes will it be possible to tweak/mod it in laptops like Lenovo Ideapad Y550? I've understood here that outdoor supplier can couse sure problem locking nvidia gpu's with its different ID or I've missed something...
    anyway best regards and thanks for Rivatuner, I use it since 2001 I guess:)