SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    I agree with CeeJay those are some extreme settings, I'd recommend you follow the link he left for you and take a look at Scrullet's and I settings.

I would like to give a tip when using LGG especially with skyrim, Less is more. 1.500, 2.000, 2.000 is WAY too high you are much better off doing incremental step ups or downs by 0.005 or 0.010. Also you don't need to defog feature for Skyrim as the default Sweetfx can get rid of it's greyish tint.

Skyrim has many different landscapes and each look different, whatever you change in one environment will probably not look good in another. This is why I personally find Skyrim to be a bit touchy with sweetfx when adjusting color/contrast settings and it's why I chose Riverwood as my testing ground as I find it to be a happy medium area as I can see both the green and snowy environment there.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  2. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Hi all.

@ Gembel
    Ok :D XD and dont be lazy, keep making more settings.
    @ GameGuy
    Ok no problem, if you buy it someday we can play it later and i still believe you re lucky to have one SLi like that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@ Mr.Bigtime
    I was wondering the same, if is there one SweetFX setting for Ghost Recon Future Soldier, i can do one but what keeps me without do it if i could be banned for it, i have that game Steam version and play MP sometimes, if someone confirm that not problems with GR Future Soldier + SweetFX + Online then fine.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  3. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    OK I won't - because I haven't.

cgwg's shader is really cool, and several of it's features (but not all) can be done in a single pass, but it must be the only shader in that pass to sample multiple pixels.

That unfortunately makes it incompatible with SMAA, LumaSharpen, Bloom, HDR and Cartoon (Cartoon was already incompatible with the the others - enabling it will overwrite the results of the others)
    It's also quite complex and would take some time to port.

No, I'm afraid my CRT shader is very very simple - on the plus side though, it's very very fast. It's basically just the Dither shader slightly changed and with a few extra features, so it's performance hit should barely even register.

4. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Maken _ you are a genius...

5. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    @ Marcel
    Hi, how you been? Thanks, for me you and many others here are very good, in fact you all guys were my inspiration that pushed me to give a try to SweetFX. My respect.
    -----
    updates
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. kaneos

kaneos Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1080 TI
    I'm still working on it but i can give you my current version :

Settings :
    Code:
       /*-----------------------------------------------------------.
      /                      Choose effects                         /
      '-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines.
    #define USE_LUMASHARPEN   1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
    #define USE_BLOOM         0 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_HDR           0 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR   0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
    #define USE_DPX           1 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
    #define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 1 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
    #define USE_TONEMAP       0 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
    #define USE_VIBRANCE      1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
    #define USE_CURVES        1 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
    #define USE_SEPIA         0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
    #define USE_VIGNETTE      0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
    #define USE_DITHER        0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
    #define USE_SPLITSCREEN   0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

/                  SMAA Anti-aliasing settings                /

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.12           // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 16      // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 6  // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
    #define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 0        // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
    #define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1        // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
    #define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0  // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/                       LumaSharpen settings                  /
    // -- Sharpening --
    #define sharp_strength 0.60   // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
    #define sharp_clamp    0.035  // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
    #define pattern 2        // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
    #define offset_bias 1.0  // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
                             // I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
    #define show_sharpen 0   // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/                       Bloom settings                        /
    #define BloomThreshold 20.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
    #define BloomPower 1.446     //[0.0000 to 8.0000] Strength of the bloom
    #define BloomWidth 0.0142    //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/                        HDR settings                         /
    #define HDRPower 1.30  //[0.0 to 8.0] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
    #define radius2  0.87  //[0.0 to 8.0] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/                      TECHNICOLOR settings                   /
    #define TechniAmount 0.11        //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define TechniPower  2.8         //[0.0 to 8.0]
    #define redNegativeAmount   0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define greenNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define blueNegativeAmount  0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

/                      Cineon DPX settings                    /
    #define Red   8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Green 8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Blue  8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define ColorGamma    1.8  //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.
    #define DPXSaturation 3.8  //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.

#define RedC   0.36  //[0.6 to 0.2]
    #define GreenC 0.36  //[0.6 to 0.2]
    #define BlueC  0.34  //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define Blend 0.2    //[0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.

/                      Lift Gamma Gain settings               /
    #define RGB_Lift  float3(0.950, 0.950, 0.950)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue
    #define RGB_Gamma float3(0.850, 0.850, 0.850)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue
    #define RGB_Gain  float3(1.020, 1.020, 1.020)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

/                        Tonemap settings                     /
    #define Gamma 1.2        //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones

#define Exposure 0.00    //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure

#define Saturation 0.00  //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation

#define Bleach 0.00      //[0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors

#define Defog 0.000  //[0.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove
    #define FogColor float3(0.00, 0.00, 2.55) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is blue

/                       Vibrance settings                     /
    #define Vibrance 0.35 //[-1.0 to 1.0] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

/                        Curves settings                      /
    #define Curves_contrast 0.30  //[-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want

// -- Advanced curve settings --
    #define Curves_formula 7      //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use. 

/                         Sepia settings                      /
    #define ColorTone float3(1.40, 1.10, 0.90) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to tint the image
    #define GreyPower  0.11                    //[0.0 to 1.0] How much desaturate the image before tinting it
    #define SepiaPower 0.58                    //[0.0 to 1.0] How much to tint the image

/                       Vignette settings                     /
    #define VignetteRadius 1.00   //[-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center
    #define VignetteAmount -1.00  //[-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.
    #define VignetteSlope 8       //[1 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)
    #define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500)  //[0.00 to 1.00] Center of effect.

/                        Dither settings                      /
    //No settings yet, beyond switching it on or off in the top section.

//Note that the checkerboard pattern used by Dither, makes an image harder to compress.
    //This can make your screenshots and video recordings take up more space.

/                     Splitscreen settings                    /
    #define splitscreen_mode 3  //[1|2|3|4|5]  1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Wish there is a tool for sweetfx to use easly.

8. Wanny

Wanny Guest

wut it's quite easy enough. However I'm getting bored of SweetFX... It somehow made me more bored with games so I decided to calm down with it. Not playing the games just constantly tweaking...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
  9. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    You kidding me? What's hard about it?

Don't need to tweak every game. For some reason people think there needs to be some magical preset that makes every game look better... which I definitely don't think is the case.

10. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    hi bro

here it is the tool to make alooooooooooot easier for u

http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/

==============

for me sweetfx is soo important..at least no much brigh and blurr anymore
    in games and better looking

===============

Maken

first shots and before the last one was EPIC..but i think last shots more yellowish..dont u think?

no man i dont think u'll get banned bro..never heared about this before
    its ok go ahead with Ghost Recon

11. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I agree....sleeping dogs looks better vanilla IMO.

Everything I have looked at with sweet fx in sleeping dogs...the whites are just way too bright...one thing looks better, something else suffers.

12. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Hi all, this thing of modding graphics is very adictive, so much that i remember not sleep much because of that and later pay the consequencies with my health.

SweetFX Configurator the most easy way to start, very user friendly.

Play that chapter and you will see.
    Ok i will try it later but i think Ghost Recon Future Soldier looks good as its for me.

greetings.

@ gridiron whirlw
    you said: " one thing looks better, something else suffers "
    Totally agree with you.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Now this is a good attitude. thank you very much. i wish there are more people on this planet like you. :thumbup:

14. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    GTA EFLC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    bro u r welcom anytime..just ask

16. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Too sharp for my taste. Also jpg compressed too much.

17. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Haha..I'm using microsoft paint to resize pic ;) and lumasharpen pattern 4 at 0.70...And icehancher 2.0 beta personal tweaked..
    Btw when will you make lumasharpen shader for dolphin CJ? :)

18. Boulotaur2024

Boulotaur2024 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7950
    SweetFX *already* works with Dolphin provided you use the Dolphin DX9 graphic plugin, no reason you can't use the built-in lumasharpen.

Paint is a no-go for resizing, use something like IrfanView/XnView bicubic/lanczos resizing filters.

GTA IV is so aliased, you'd better output the game at x4 the resolution and THEN downsize with a good like algorithm like the ones mentioned before (lanczos/bicubic/gaussian for softness...). Also, your screens are too bright, lack "depth" to me, use curves to emphasize the blacks (this is subjective of course)

As always !

19. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    What?? Don't work for me, where to put those files?
    IrfanView/XnView bicubic/lanczos i'll try these later, thanks for the advise Boulotaur2024 :)

20. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli

you have modded your sweetfx is that the reason why you dont publicly wanna post it, may i have the files if thats the case and if youve done any improvements, pm me

btw lookin good so far , cant wait what you have up your sleeve for dmc4 in the future and get well :)

p.s> anybody workin on syndicate to remove its overkill bloom :bang:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.