D3DOverrider + Windows 8

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dreamslides, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Reiz3r

Reiz3r Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R7850 2gb
    after a update of windows 8,for me D3Doverrider is working again,i tested in BF3,Crysis 2,MOH,NFS Most Wanted,L4D2 etc...

2. TheXev

TheXev Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7660G 512MB+
    I'm pretty sure that RivaTunes author has stated before that HookDirect3D11=1 doesn't do anything and isn't supported in D3DOverrider.

I stumbled upon a fix and wrote in my blog about it. Basically, you don't do anything to D3DOverrider, and set whatever application you can't get to work with it to Windows 7 compatibility mode. I got the original Witcher to work in this way under Windows 8. I'm sure this make make other games work with D3DOverrider + Windows 8!

Hope this helps. I just figured it out today with a little messing around.

3. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    I cant get it to work either, neither the icon in the taskbar appears anymore :(

4. ThatOneguy2012

ThatOneguy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 FTW @ 1248mhz
    yeah I would like to agree that it certainly doesn't work on Windows 8, not on 64 bit at least. The solution posted above did not help much either, I wish someone could help us fix this problem. I thought I'd add though, for some reason it does work in Metro 2033, however...there is no sound notification, and it doesn't work on any other games I've tested (Skyrim, Darkness 2). There's no notification, and there's screen tearing from those two games.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Skyrim has v-sync and triple buffering built in iPresentInterval=1 will do the job.

6. ThatOneguy2012

ThatOneguy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 FTW @ 1248mhz
    I realize that - but it does a poor job for my specific configuration (mouse/xbox controller input lag). I'm using an HDTV as well as an HDMI cable so the input lag is bad on most games unless I force pre-rendered frames to 1. This doesn't work for Skyrim, because the engine doesn't function normally. So my only alternative would probably be to disable vsync through the INI, and then force vsync and triple buffering through d3doverrider. But this is besides the point, d3doverrider doesn't work for Windows 8 64 bit.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  7. laimis911

laimis911 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    D3DOverrider works only in DX10 and DX11 games in Windows 8 (like BF3 etc),but not in DX9 mode ,that's why some people say-it works for me and others -it's not working for me . If game has built in DX11 mode use it and it works fine . So far that's the only option to make it work . It's annoying that so many games are DX9

8. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    D3DOverrider does work on DX9 games with Windows 8, you just need to change the games exe compatibly to Windows 7.

9. laimis911

laimis911 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Nope it doesn't . At least for me . Windows 8 64bit

10. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Doesnt work here either, no matter if i change the compatibility to win 7.

11. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Works for me some of the time when you set it to high detection.

12. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    The only DX9 games I tried D3DOverrider on in Windows 8 were Borderlands 2 and Witcher 2, and I didn't have to do anything besides set medium detection for them.

13. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970, 1506/7806
    Have you tried running D3DOverrider as admin? It worked properly for me in GW2, and that's a DX9 title.

(Always use global detection on "high" setting btw).

14. laimis911

laimis911 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Don't know why or what is missing but for many people it doesn't work on Windows 8 Dx9 no matter what you do . I'm AMD card owner and I can tell that using japamd's RadeonPro tool some functions related to Vsync doesn't work too ,for example Double Vsync function for all Dx9 games . It seems Microsoft changed something in Windows 8

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  15. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    d3doverrider does not work in Win8, I can confirm that. Only way to this date(on win8), is to force vsync/TB through nvidia cp.

16. laimis911

laimis911 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Nvidia supports Triple Buffering through CP for DirectX games ? AMD just for OpenGL .

17. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    Strange, because it works (at least for me) just as well as it did in 7 (using Windows 8 x64 atm).

The only thing I did was using the compatibility setting on D3DOverrider.exe and D3DOverriderWrapper.exe to always run as admin, and putting the global detection level on "High".

18. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    Nope, it's the same, OpenGL only.

19. laimis911

laimis911 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    is there any way to force triple buffering on Nvidia cards ? I saw there is a tool called NVIDIA Inspector . Can this tool force it ? I'm thinking to sell AMD and go with Nvidia because of better driver features like adaptive vsync,fps limiter ,also better anti-aliasing options .

20. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    You can use Dynamic VSync in RadeonPro on AMD cards, does the same as Adaptive VSync. FPS limiter exists on both brands, it's not an Nvidia feature. MSI AB fps limiter works with both, for instance.

You got more AA modes on Nvidias side natively, but you have SMAA in RadeonPro, and FXAA via FXAA injector tool.

Other than that, both have MSAA and SSAA, Nvidia has OGSSAA which is very intensive, I don't know if AMD has an equivalent. The other AA methods Nvidia has are mostly shader based, not very effective in general.