Remarkable Review of the FX-8350 (found buried in another thread)

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by brendanvista, Jun 6, 2013.

1. brendanvista

brendanvista Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    This guy tests the FX-8350 vs the Intel 3570K vs 3770K and a 3820, in some more games besides Crysis and Battlefield 3, where we typically see Intel pulling ahead, and also in streaming. The AMD destroys! Awesome to see, and makes me more comfortable recommending the AMD part to people wanting to game.

Benchmark Video

The actual benchmark numbers + test build info

Despite one messup a little after 4 minutes, the video is a lot easier to watch than reading the benchmarks. There are no pretty graphs :(

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  2. XBEAST

XBEAST Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770 Gaming
    Every unbiased Hardware website will show you otherwise.

3. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    and who's to say these "unbiased hardware websites" aren't biased towards Intel? AMD fans like sources that say they win, Intel fans like sources that say they win. Its the same old crap, same old story every time, and it will never change.

4. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Humans are in nature biased, we all interpret data differently. We try to be impartial but there's always going to be biasm based on how we conduct a test and what tests to conduct. What to omit when conducting a test and in the report.

deltatux

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Freaking teksyndicate again.

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    That review is bull****, everyone in the industry puts forward different numbers but that random Youtube guy.

Seriously, if you are looking for CPU reviews on Youtube, you are really getting desperate.

[​IMG]

The FX-8350 uses nearly 2.5 times the power to complete the same workload as an i7-4770k, and it is far slower yet.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    AMD does not destroy. I'm not sure where pople keep getting this idea from. Am I missing something here? Also, that "review" is complete sh!t. The FX-8350 performs exactly how a $180 AMD cpu should.

We know. Well at least anyone with half a brain does. Contrary to popular belief, not all AMD users suffer from grandiose delusions.

8. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Honestly, YouTube reviews are like Wikipedia articles, they can be posted by basically anyone. Unfortunately, you can't correct YouTube reviews...

deltatux

9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Indeed.

We're discussing semantics here for the most part, any CPU (besides Atom) produced in the last 6 years is more than fast enough for 99% of users and uses out there on a regular desktop.

Still doesn't change the benchmark results though. :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20

11. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    No matter what you think of the results, Logan is NOT some random guy on youtube. :smack: I have been following him for years and definitely would agree with much of what he says. (Not everything, mind you but, whatever.)

Look, it's a bunch of random internet dudes on a website calling a professional "some guy", who would have thunk it? :puke2:

I love that pic. :D

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  12. brendanvista

brendanvista Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    I don't think the 8350 destroys Intel. It loses to similarly priced Intel CPU's in a lot, if not most applications, and the Intel uses less power. However, the youtube video was a gaming performance review. And it showed that the Intel was faster in some newer games, which is how it should be, and how most review sites show the two stacking up. It was just cool to see a few games tested that aren't normally. And the addition of live streaming was an interesting twist as well. Of course I'm taking his review with a grain of salt. Calm down guys!

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    his review should be taken with a boatload of salt. does he get paid directly by amd?

14. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Sorry, but Logan is only known for doing videos for tigerdirect. I can point you to a dozen different reviews with the exact opposite of his testing. Are you going to tell me he is right and all the other reputable sites are wrong? Where is the logic in that?

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    There isn't any.

16. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

People are still comparing a CPU cheaper than an i5-3570K with the i7-3770k/i7-4770k. If you do a price/performance comparison, then it will be a lot more in AMD's favour.

17. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    We've been over this.

Just because AMD doesn't have a CPU to compete at the price point, doesn't mean taking their top CPU and comparing it is invalid.

You also have to figure in the higher energy costs for the AMD CPU, twice the amount of power and nearly 2.5x the power per workload are not trivial figures.

18. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Take the time and watch tek syndicates video on power consumption, I think you will find it interesting.

19. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    His review is off the deep end in comparison with every single other reviewer on the internet.

Just look at his results for Metro 2033 1440p, and then Anandtech's results:

[​IMG]

They are all GPU limited even by a 7970 (he used a 7870) and within the margin of error. In other words, no difference. Yet somehow by him he gets 20fps with the FX-8350 and 12 FPS with the i7-3770k.... bull**** alarm!

I'm sick of this video being brought up; this guy either did something wrong or was outright forging the results; I personally don't care to waste another minute with this fraud and his disproved nonsense.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  20. Supernoob2286

Supernoob2286 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE SLI 2GB
    Please, even when i had an AMD i accepted the fact that for 95% of uses they are slower. I didn't care i just played my games, I didn't go hunting down the one guy on youtube who says otherwise like it's a revelation.