X800 Pro Mod To XT

Discussion in 'Links' started by BLyarx, Jul 19, 2004.

1. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    You really don’t need to flash to a pe bios, yes the memory timings are more aggressive but you would most likely to pick up very little

If you are set on doing it use the ati pe bios it has the most aggressive timings.

2. freeman28

freeman28 Guest

I have moded my connect 3d X800 pro VIVO to a X800 XT PE.
    it works just fine with 16 pipelines

:):):):)

3. codebasher

codebasher Guest

Yep I've done a Saphire X800XT to X800XT PE amoung others with the flashrom utility, no problems at all. My only suggestion is to replace the dinky stock cooling with an arctic cooler.

4. darkclone13

darkclone13 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI x800XTPE@560/600 w/c
    Thanks, but did you use the sapphire X800XTPE bios or the ati one. Btw, i have my video card watercooled, thanks.

5. codebasher

codebasher Guest

I used the ATI bios.

:D

6. darkclone13

darkclone13 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI x800XTPE@560/600 w/c
    Thanks, i just flashed to X800XTPE bios and it worked. Thanks everyone and i forgot to thank phrozin.

7. matrix301

matrix301 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon X800XT [520/560]
    Hey guys, I'm planning to upgrade my old GeForce FX5200 videocard to a fresh Sapphire Radeon X800Pro 256MB GDDR TD VIVO (http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/toxic-pro.asp). I am wondering if I'll be able to flash the cart to an XT like the thread is talking about. Also, will I warn about the temp with the cooling system on the card ? I'll try the flash if you guys can tell me it die because of temperature and if I can get right an easy instruction to get the card flashed correctly without MAJOR and DANGEROUS problem like to crash the card for ever because I'm going to put 690$ CAD on it. Awaiting for a answer back :D.

8. codebasher

codebasher Guest

Not all are successful. Some Toxics won't unlock the 12 pipes after a softmod. I suspect that Sapphire have caught on somewhere along the line and you may have to look at fiddling with some physical bridging.

http://www.unika.com.cn/article/article.php/1034

Rough translation:-

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'The Chinese Internet site Unika has reached the discovery that ATi's Radeon are X800 pro at modden to Xt-variant. The main difference between both cards is the number of
    pixelpipelines; X800 the pro has twelve pipelines, X800 the XT have there sixteen. In fact Pro-chip have really sixteen pipelines, but is there only twelve active. The truc that has discoveredUnika exists that two contact points on the core are linked. The consequence is that the four eliminated pipelines become active, so that X800 Pro-kaart have the virtually the same performance as X800XT. The operation is not however without risk: is not only contactpuntjes very small, it is not at all certain that the four eliminated pipelines work. Many X800 pros are ' disapproved ' X800 XT's, those one or several broken pipelines have. Further information is find in draadje on the forum of Beyond3D. A similar acquired characteristic was moreover possible with the
    Radeon 9500-kaart. When two contact points were linked, four eliminated pipelines were activated so that the card had eight
    there, as much as the Radeon 9700.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thread with better pics

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36003&highlight=x800pro+x800xt

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?threadid=17229767&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2004
  9. codebasher

codebasher Guest

10. matrix301

matrix301 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon X800XT [520/560]
    Yeah exact I found it too but too risky for me, LoL ! I'm getting a SAPPHIRE X800XT Platinum 256MB DDR AGP8X TV+DVI+VIVO (RB) for 739.99$ CAD. I don't care about the price, I want the best one, :p. What's the clock speed ? 520/1120 I think ? Anyone can tell me more about it ?

11. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    has any 1 done a flashed toxic yet ?

12. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    Just successfully flashed a Asus Ax800pro vivo to xt pe card runs xt clocks easy as

13260 in 03 all stock

13. proendo

proendo Member

GPU:
    GeForce 7900 GT OC 680/830 1.55v

Your clock speeds for an XT PE should be 520/560 stock

I also heard there is a "plain" XT that is 500/500 stock

You may want to order it from NCIX.COM its a Canadian site and if you dont live in BC you dont pay provinical sales tax. Under 20 bucks to have it to you next day.

I got the PRO VIVO from them for

590.53 CAD
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=12332&vpn=X800P-VIVO-256MB&manufacture=SAPPHIRE

And flashed it to XT PE

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  14. proendo

proendo Member

GPU:
    GeForce 7900 GT OC 680/830 1.55v

Buy that card and flash it, I am running the stock cooler at 69% rpm and it runs very cool in my case , at max load it never goes over 65 degrees celcius. The aftermarket cooler is advisable if it runs to hot depending on your case. Try it.

My card is flashed and running nice, one note. I notice in your sig you have an AMD xp 2400. I had a AMD Barton 2500 and I scored very low in 3dmark05 with the XT PE and Amd Barton 2500

I updated to a AMD 64 3500 and MSI neo2 and my scores jumped in 3dmark05 into the 5900's

You may want to consider that the AMD xp 2400 is a bottle neck for it but you will see a nice preformance increase anyway over that GeForce FX5200

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  15. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    yup agreed sapphire flash no probs i have flash both mine at least 20times i have had 3 flashes go wrong easy fix with a pci card and a reflash. Sapphire temps are no probs.

The only thing that needs to be mentioned is when you flash the card, you will have a trade off with o/c in but the xtra clocks more than make up for it, the xt 500/500 is a sweet bios for a sapphirex800pro vivo.

16. cazE

cazE Member

GPU:
    nvidia 8800 ultra
    so let me get this straight.

If I buy an XT (non pe), already has 16 pipelines, all I need is a good cooler and I can over clock to a PE w/out bios flash???

I already have a pe backordered from ATI but from what the dude told me after the nov15th rls, I won't see that card for MANY MONTHS as they are still filling orders from JUNE!!!!

17. matrix301

matrix301 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon X800XT [520/560]
    Alright, I'm getting a AMD Athlon64 3500+ with a Asus A8V Deluxe board and a Sapphire Radeon X800XT (Non Platinum, Not Available :(). It will do the job so well, what you guys think ? :p So I was also wondering, what about flashing/overclocking to a PE ? Any possibilities ? Waiting for you guys ! :)

18. Incognito

Incognito Guest

Just flashed my Connect3D X800 Pro to an XT and all seems well (well, unlocked it's 4 additional pipes, which are working, but used the BIOS that keeps default clock speeds). Seems fine so far, no artifacts or anything.

19. matrix301

matrix301 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon X800XT [520/560]
    Meh I'm NOT going from a Pro to XT PE but want to go XT > XT PE.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  20. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    i just flashed 3 asus ax800 pro vivo 1 was ok good for 570/600 the other 2 would not run 500/500 after flashing care full with the asus