New VBIOS Asus R7260X-DC2OC-2GD5

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by antdes45, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Szaby59

Szaby59 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega56
    It's a rare issue, happened 3-4 times in 4 months. (With 14.4 and 14.7RC)

But I still think the Sapphire BIOS is the best :D

Edit:

I was able to enable PowerTune/PowerSaving in the latest (015.42) ASUS bios.

Recommended to flash in DOS environment using ATIFlash: [GUIDE] AMD VBIOS flashing

Modded BIOS #1

• Power Saving features enabled
    • Stock clock speeds (GPU: 1188 MHz, VRAM: 1750 MHz@7 GHz)

DOWNLOAD: AS260XDC2OC_042F.rar

Modded BIOS #2

• Stock clock speeds (GPU: 1188 MHz, VRAM: 1750 MHz@7 GHz)
    • Extended OverDrive limits: GPU, Memory Clock and Power limit (+/-50 %)

DOWNLOAD: AS260XDC2OC_042Fmod.rar

Modded BIOS #3

• Slightly reduced clock speeds (GPU: 1150 MHz, VRAM: 1700 MHz@7 GHz)
    • Extended OverDrive limits: GPU, Memory Clock and Power limit (+/-50 %)
    • GDDR5 memory idle clock increased from 150 MHz to 300 MHz

May reduce overheating issues and graphical artifacts without significant performance loss - RECOMMENDED

DOWNLOAD: AS260XDC2OC_042Fmod2.rar

Screenshots:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  2. lepi kokan

lepi kokan Guest

GPU:
    r9 280
    i suppose this can safely be flashed into 1gb card as well ?

3. JohnLai

JohnLai Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 3.5+0.5GB
    DON'T DO THAT.

You will end up with black screen the moment you reboot the system.

The VBIOS is only for 2GB variants!

4. WILDMAKC

WILDMAKC Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X
    where can I find BIOS for the 1GB version ?

5. WILDMAKC

WILDMAKC Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X
    what program did you made mod?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  6. d2kx

d2kx Active Member

Szaby59, just flashed your Modded BIOS #3. Basicly everything worked with the Sapphire BIOS since it was released now, but if the slightly higher idle mem speed also fixes the 2D artifacts I have every few days or so that'd be even better. Thanks!

7. puki83

puki83 Guest

GPU:
    Asus R7 260X 2Gb
    Hi guys,

Can someone please send me latest non-moded bios for ASUS R7 260X DirectCU II OC (015.042.000.003.000000) but in .rom format? On Asus site there is that new bios but it is in one .exe file that when you start it install that new bios, but when I do that i says that update of vbios is not needed (i have 015.039.000.003.000000 bios) so I need this bios in .rom file so I can flash it with atiflash. Someone who has this bios can do backup of it from gpu-z and then send me, or upload it somewhere online and send me link for download.

Thanks in advance

8. rafiiki

rafiiki Guest

GPU:
    Asus R7 260x DCUIIOC
    Hey there, just registered to help you mate :) Just unrar the .exe file (using winrar) and you'll find the .rom file there amongst other.

Hope it helped!

EDIT: The file you are looking for is the one called 113-C5820300-104.rom

AND, you should flash it following this instructions (overclock.net/t/1353325/tutorial-atiwinflash-how-to-flash-the-bios-of-your-ati-cards)

I cannot post links, I don't have 5 messages in the forums yet lol

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  9. puki83

puki83 Guest

GPU:
    Asus R7 260X 2Gb
    Hey thanks a lot mate, you saved me, I had problems with my card with any bios wich had power tune enabled, the only one that is working ok is this latest one, with fixed 2D/3D clocks :)

Cheers and thanks again :)

10. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    How did you mod those bioses?

Was wondering how you modded the video roms? I thought they were unmoddable being digitally signed and all?

11. d2kx

d2kx Active Member

12. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
  13. d2kx

d2kx Active Member

Provided by MSI, but is pretty much a generic 260X BIOS like the one used on reference cards and works with all 260X cards (they all use the same memory anyway). Use flashed it on my ASUS card and it's working as expected.

14. lepi kokan

lepi kokan Guest

GPU:
    r9 280
    any chance of modded 1gb verison ?

15. BuuBuu

BuuBuu Guest

GPU:
    Corsair 8 GB ( 4 X 2 )
    is it safe to use it with gigabyte r7 260x 2gb oc ?

16. rafiiki

rafiiki Guest

GPU:
    Asus R7 260x DCUIIOC
    I've flashed my ASUS R7 260x DCUIIOC with every bios available in this post. My results are that so far the ASUS BIOS and the Sapphire BIOS are the most stable. The 3 modded BIOS all gave me black screens IDK why. I prefer the Sapphire BIOS as the powerplay options are available and I do prefer my PC running quieter and using less power than 33 Hz of extra clock. I haven't tried MSI BIOS, has anyone done so? I just thought of giving everyone a little rundown of my experience with flashing this card in case you find it helpful.

17. JohnLai

JohnLai Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 3.5+0.5GB

Not so fast, Sapphire new vbios DID TURN OFF some of the PowerTune stuff. It is the VRAM frequency management that is modified. Before I update the VBIOS, the VRAM frequency steps in 150mhz increment, such as 150,350,500,650,800,950 and 1100mhz. A total of 7 power states for VRAM!

After updating to the Sapphire VBIOS, GPU core Powertune works as advertised, HOWEVER, VRAM frequency has only 2 power states now, aka 150mhz and 1100mhz. (min and max) -.- Where is the VRAM 7 power states going?

So, AMDMatt, any comment on why is this issue occurring?
    Is it the power delivery issue to VRAM? Quality control issue with certain GDDR5? Or the third party VRM that provides power to the VRAM?

EDIT: This flickering at 2D application (aka, low power state mode) actually started to happen in era of 7790 (famously known and rebadged R7 260X) or any of the current GCN 1.1 GPU. Not sure about Tonga.

18. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Flickering at 2D can sometimes be offset by upping the core voltage. I found this out as i like to undervolt my 4x290X cards at stock -0.050v. At -0.062v i get some flickering and eventually a black screen. I would speculate that the reason for these issues are the fact that the memory is clocked so high. I resolved the issues i had with this card (260X) by using the Asus bios that put the card down to 1100/1625. Since i did that, very few issues.

19. JohnLai

JohnLai Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 3.5+0.5GB
    Opps, pardon my silly mistake, I mistook the GPU core frequency for the VRAM frequency value.

What I am trying to say the new Sapphire VBIOS retains the correct GPU core Powertune 7 states frequency, but it removed the GDDR5 VRAM 7 states 150, 400, 650, 900, 1150, 1400, 1650mhz to mere 2 states of 150mhz and 1650mhz.

The asus vbios posted by original user forces both GPU core and GDDR5 frequency at its maximum value (single power states for both). This is going to drive up power consumption and noise due to high spinning fan.

Not much can be done since the problem in inherently lies with Hynix based GDDR5, (the likely culprit). I do miss GDDR5 VRAM multiple power states after updating to the new Sapphire vbios. Last time, when I was watching movies in DXVA before flashing the new vbios, I checked GPUZ and it reported GPU core frequency of 400mhz and VRAM frequency of 650mhz.

Now it is gpu 400mhz and vram of 1650mhz ~.~

20. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Interesting info thanks, i may have to try out this bios then and see how it goes. :)