Lucid Virtu MVP

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by Chillin, Feb 10, 2013.

1. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I reckon there is still some different between the consumer and OEM licenced versions, not sure what it is though! Maybe, just maybe, version 3 is retail only for now, but will become both in a few months time, who knows.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Would make sense for both "versions" to be merged over time as the development costs for 2 separate branches will exceed the potential profits if they don't start supporting more games. People aren't going to spend the kind of money LucidLogix wants for their software...when support for games is so pathetic. I only really play 2 games....and the drawbacks greatly outweigh the benefits in either game...

3. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Yeah I agree.

Also the yearly licensing will put many off. Having to buy it every year !!

Im pretty sure though that the only difference between MVP and MVP 2.0 is the gui.
    Afaik the 2.0 retail version is one build ahead of oem one, the release notes of the current oem version match the previous 2.0 version.
    I suspect they update the oem version 2nd, as want to give those who have paid directly for it some advantage.

Like Sykosis I only play a few games, well one 99% of time actually BF3 MP.
    Luckily the Virtual Vsync works wonderfully well in it, but it has taken a yr to get to a stable version.... which says something

Would I pay directly for this software ? No chance, so guess when I leave z77 I'll say goodbye

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I play WoW and Torchlight 2.... LucidLogix had no issue getting support out for Diablo3....but there's still none for Torchlight 2 after 6 months.... I realize they have limited resources....but if they want to be any more than a failed niche company, they need to support more than just select AAA titles....

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Lucid Works perfect for me in windows 7 boot, and I tried TL2, Saints Row 3 even Metro 2033, Which all worked. Where if I use it in windows 8, none of the games works. In up crashing instead. I figure it must be something to do with how windows 8 handles graphics cards from different chipset or something. Tho a Friend of mine has couple of games that doesn't work in windows 8 with lucid,But others work for him. The odd thing is, when he used windows 7 none of the games worked for him.Which doesn't make sense.

The main reason why I use lucid my self is for the VVS since I use Vsync, I don't play without vsync as the tearing with it off is very noticeable to me. It get annoying to see. I know some people see tearing with VVS on still, But I don't.

I just wish it works in windows 8, like it does for me in windows 7.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I haven't tried with d-mode for TL2.... My only interest in Virtu is for i-mode, which seems to work only with select titles. HyperFormance is also limited to select games.

7. bioCor3

bioCor3 Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 670GTX
    i-mode seems the only option that actually seems to do anything. When it does work Vsync performs quite well, but very few games are supported yet unfortunately.

iGPU Multi Monitor option must be enabled in BIOS and Intel Graphics Driver should be installed before installing Virtu MVP (says the mobo manual). Sometimes Virtu MVP works with certain Intel Graphics drivers better than others, and sometimes some Virtu MVP versions need to be disabled on my system or they just spit errors. I've often found updating the Intel Graphics driver first seems to help when installing a new Virtu MVP version that works.

Let's hope this new version works as advertised in at least a few relevant games and that the money paid as part of our motherboard purchase (which has Virtu MVP advertised on the box) actually entitles us to full version of software driver as advertised.

Support some games please LucidLogix, maybe ring a few developers, send them some flowers, go out for dinner, get married.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Virtual V-Sync actually works quite well in d-mode. HyperFormance is hit or miss, even with supported games. Virtual V-Sync works with nearly every based game on the market. There's a few here and there that have issues, but not many.

9. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Yup agree with this

10. CLass

CLass Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX980 Phantom
    i deinstalled this software because "Supported" Hyperformance games wont even start for me! I guess Radeon Crossfire + iGPU is too much for Lucid MVP?
    I really tried many things, newest Intel drivers, Older Intel drivers, Newest Catalyst, newest Lucid Virtu...Supported Hyperformance games like Diablo III wont even start when Hyperformance is enabled.. :( Useless Mainboard feature for me..

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Lucid even tells you that CF and SLI is not supported with there MVP. On the page if i recall under reqs.

12. CLass

CLass Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX980 Phantom
    Thank You for the info!

13. TheKerangMan

TheKerangMan Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2GB
    which gpu perform well with video/photo editing and photoshop..?

Excuse me..i find it hard to decide which of this 2 product will served my need..i'm goin to upgrade my gpu,i'm doin some video editing,photoshop, few projects and of coz gaming! Palit GTX 670 Jetstream or Sapphire 7970..i need some advice..i heard my nieces ask me to come to these thread..i'm new and thanks in advance..

14. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Welcome.

Why do you post in the Lucid MVP thread ?

Do you want to use Lucid MVP and are asking which of the 2 cards would be better to use with it ?

Either way a 7970 is better than a 670 in just about every way.

Both work ok with the latest versions of Lucid MVP

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    When VirtuMVP works....it doesn't appear to really care what graphics card is installed. So long as it's a mid-range or better...

16. TheKerangMan

TheKerangMan Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2GB
    i am so sorry i post in wrong thread..my question is actually not about Lucid MVP..oh dear..

17. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    I recently upgraded to a Z77 board and being forced to use windows 8 due to usb issues with it in 7 I really missed being able to force TB in games (nothing works for me in win8). Decided to give this lucid stuff a shot and I have to say I am impressed. I only use the virtual vsync part of it in D-Mode and to be honest it is even better than forcing TB. It has made a night and day difference in Guild Wars 2. Worth a try if you can use it for sure.
    Also one thing I learned in the process is to install the software from your board website/cd, uninstall it while keeping private data when it asks, and then installing the latest release from lucid.com. If you don't follow these steps it wont be licensed.

18. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I have no problem in mine being licensed using latest download from Lucid.

The latest version checks for license after install/reboot and goes online to do it.
    I had an issue with my firewall blocking it once and it didnt license itself untill id allowed one of the services access.

Same on my Gigabyte and previous Asrock board.

But anyway glad you like it :)

Another convert.....

Use this in all my games where I use vsync now. Shame Lucid dont update it regularly, I found Virtual Vsync didnt work in Bioshock 2, untill I edited an .ini file in the Lucidlogix folder and changed the profile for bioshock.exe to bioshockinfinite.exe.
    Adding it manually didnt work for some reason.

19. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I won't mention what feature seems to be missing from Z87 boards, I think it will be pretty self-explanatory! At least, it's not listed on any of the Asrock boards which are now fully up on the Asrock site, nor have I heard about it in relation to other board manufacturers and the Haswell platform.

Now, I'm not saying it isn't available on Haswell platforms, in fact it is actually specifically listed as support Haswell platforms on the Lucid website. The thing that people may be interested in is that to utilise Lucid on Haswell, you will most likely have to purchase the Lucid MVP2 software.

To really utilise MVP, you need the 'Pro' version, which has a normaly price of $89.95, but is currently selling for $55.99. Of course, you could always put that towards a faster video card and have a 'guarantee' that it will work, and not just a hope that it will work on certain games once you manually add the profile, and that it is compatible with those beta drivers you want to try out!

So, back to Intel desktop CPU's. Isn't it great that if you want to use the integrated graphics, that the higher end desktop CPU's get a lower end integrated chip as compared to the mobile platform? or even more to the point, the fact you have an integrated GPU in the first place that most people won't use (unless you don't have a discrete card, or want to use MVP2). Sure, there are some people that overclock their i7-3770k's and i5-3570k's to 4.5Ghz currently, and yet have nothing but the integrated graphics, but that certainly does not represent the typical user. If a typical user wants to only use integrated graphics with a reasonable general use computer, they would be better off getting a computer with an AMD A10-5800K (or one of the other) processors. The good thing with the AMD APU is you can crossfire it with a discrete card, although you can only do it with certain low/mid end cards.

The difference with Intel and AMD GPU integration is that in the future, it is possible that you could crossfire any AMD GPU with the CPU, whereas with Intel you are still stuck with just MVP2. Of course, even if this is the case, for AMD you would still need MVP2 (or whatever is out at the time) to link up with a Nvidia card.

Still, if Lucid MVP/MVP2 isn't software licensed with the board, how many of you will specifically go out and purchase it for use on Haswell?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
  20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    What do you all think Haswell gpu + my 570gtx will it be possible to enable those dx11.1 intel only features and play Grid2 with it?