AMD PCI Express (3GIO) Filter and PCI Bus Driver requires manually updating.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Watcher, Jan 13, 2013.

1. SlazsH

SlazsH Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Trio X
    I can confirm this on Win 7 X64. How can AMD miss that lol?

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I'm on an Intel Chipset, and I have to manually update my bus drivers as well. I have to extract the Intel INF and manually search that file afterwards for the updated drivers.

So it's not just AMD.

I've come to believe it's windows automatically trying to say the stock driver is good enough, and no update is needed.

3. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    It hasn't been updating for me for years which possibly means it's not intended to as an update will likely not help anything if the current one is working.

4. thehippo

thehippo Member

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    *sidetrack*
    I found an easier way of doing that: create a shortcut of the setup.exe then right click and go into it's properties then where it says target at the end of the "target" add -overall

from the readme:
    -OVERALL
    Updates ALL INF drivers on all available devices
    even if third party drivers are currently installed.
    This flag works in Interactive Mode only.

5. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Thanks a bunch for the guide! I've been holding onto these old Asus 7 series chipset drivers for so long just to be able to use the 3GIO driver from them.

Now I can finally delete that old 2009 crapola!

6. chucky2

chucky2 Guest

GPU:
    7950 3GB
    I just cleaned my 7 x64 install, and then installed the new 13.1 southbridge drivers (using the method thehippo described with the -overall argument via shortcut). Rebooted a couple of times to be sure. Then came here to do this...and there is no amdkmpfd folder. The PCI Bus driver is the default Microsoft driver still. I've got an Asrock 970 Extreme 4 board, AM3+ chipset (9 series north and southbridges). Can you run the 13.1 and see if these instructions follow with that new install package?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  7. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    I tried install Intel drivers with the switch -overall but it didn't update th PCI bus...

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

13.1 Chipset Drivers don't include the PCI Bus driver; I'd imagine the 13.1 CCC driver package has it though. 13.2 (leaked beta) driver package has the PCI Bus driver with the following version and date:

[​IMG]

9. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    The version and date is same as in v12.11...

But now I'm thinking about doesn't better for AMD chipset instal this driver and for Intel chipset Intel drivers?...

10. german24

german24 Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X GAMING
    i cant update this driver because i don`t have update driver button at that tab ,why??
    im in win 764 ultimate

[​IMG]

oh sorry this is in system devices and i got this pci bus updated,so can i remove this 3gio filter from hidden devices??

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013

11. einsteinlool

einsteinlool Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6650M 1Go DDR3
    thank u , like most of u , i was on the 2006 driver version , and now it's updating to 9.0.0 folowing this post ...
    it's realy amasing why the AMD support does not fix that probleme ! it's dated from 2006 !! what they are doing !
    anyway thank u again ;)

yeh , by the way , the monitor plug-and-play look also in an old version (2006) , is there any trick to update it ?

12. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Monitor driver can be updated if the manufacturer released drivers, although even then they might not be updated (Acer has an updated driver for my S201HL monitor that says 2010, but still uses the 2006 PnP monitor sys file)

13. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    What I found, the 3GIO driver is automatically installed on AMD chipset motherboard (BTW in PC is nVidia GC).

So I think that for Intel chipset it's useless...

14. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    First time I tried manually installing the drivers (from 13.3 Beta 3), my Windows 7 (32-bit) didn't boot up.

Second time (from 12.11 Beta 11), it worked fine..

Didn't try updating the PCI bus driver again (from 13.3 beta 3).

15. chucky2

chucky2 Guest

GPU:
    7950 3GB
    Thanks for this. I'm on Win 8 now but I'll go and check this out and try it once 13.3 is WHQL'd.

Chuck

16. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    The Pci Bus driver has been updated.

The Pci Bus driver has been updated.

With the release of AMD Catalyst driver version 13.4, the Pci Bus driver has been updated.

The new version number is 12.102.0.0 and is dated 2/12/2013

Time to perform the manual update for this driver as described in the first pages of this thread.

I am aware of the thread that was just started asking how to perform the manual updating.

I believe this thread will be of help in answering those questions.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  17. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

No idea if it's been mentioned yet or not, but you can just go find the Pci Bus inf in AMD's folder, right-click it it, and Install. Don't even have to open up Device Manager :)

It should prompt to restart if it installed. Might also notice the screen flash, or in rare cases, system lockup for a few seconds, which would also mean it installed.

18. rtwertwerwretyw

rtwertwerwretyw Guest

GPU:
    nice, but how come it works on intel chip?

19. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

It shouldn't, unless you have some very weird Intel CPU AMD Chipset combo...

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Its a windows thing, intel has it too, unless you manually update it.

But why all this worrying about PCI bus driver? Its for pci slots anyway..

By intel im stuck at default windows one - i use pci XFI sb atm and i would really want to update that too, but just cant -_-, good thing XFI HD is on the way which is a pcie card.