Computer hard freeze with MSI Afterburner

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by laukinis, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laukinis

laukinis Guest

GPU:
    ASUS EAH 6850
    I use Asus EAH 6850 rev1 with Asus P45Q pro with latest bios. It is happening for 1 month now... I use latest beta (I tried older beta as well - same problem). It is not as described in the sticky thread - it freezes in pretty much any game after random time between 1 to 30 minutes. The graphics capabilities of game does not alter time between hard lock ups - I can play Call of pripyat with complete mod or warhammer soulstorm or morrowind for the same amount of time before freeze. I do not play multiplayer games because my provider (university) block pretty much anything (including steam... I can not even log in to access my library of games) so it is happening in single player games so it should not be punkbuster related or anything of that sort as far as I am aware.

Why I know it MSI afterburner related? I can play for hours the same game without MSI afterburner running but once I start it it will crash for sure with these processes running [​IMG]

2. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    If you close Aida64 and then start Afterburner do you still have problems?

3. laukinis

laukinis Guest

GPU:
    ASUS EAH 6850
    Yes I still do. even with Aida64 closed I still get lock up. If I leave Aida64 running and close Afterburner everything is fine hovewer. I also thought it might be some kind of problem with punkbuster going bad but I cant see how games like morrowind could in any way iniciate punkbuster to chech if I am cheating and what not... This is happening at stock and when OC. But it was just fine for like 4 months (well whenewer 6850 first hit the streets, that is when I bought it) and it is only happening for the past month
    Oh and I get black screen (not bsod, and in some weird circumstances windows didnt say I had bsod and there wasnt minidump as far as I am aware), vga fan ramps up to full spin and I get looping sound for as long as I can stand to listen to it.

Is windows reinstall the only way to eliminate any software conflicts in this case...? I could use it as the last resort.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Hey man,

You should search this forum on Punkbuster and stealth mode a little. There is a conflict inbetween the two softwares. This has been discussed several times already.

5. laukinis

laukinis Guest

GPU:
    ASUS EAH 6850
    I do not play ANY multipayer games for more than a month since my internet provider blocked pretty much everything there is to block - I cant even log in to my steam account and I there is no way in hell I could even connect to other players (I cant even play Settlers 7 because it requires to connect to the internet - what a total joke). I just cant see how things like punkbuster could play any role when I play 7 year old single player only games.

And if it does how to remove it with its roots from my pc since I have no need for it and in the official site it is said that it should only work with punkbuste'ed games and to remove it you only have to delete it in the main folder of game you play. I do not play at the moment any games which use punkbuster as far as I am aware.

But it all started with one game - call of pripyat, where I first got constant lock ups while I could play Dawn of war 2 without any problem all day long with same configuration (now I cant even test dawn of war 2 since I cant even connect to steam to acess my games since my offline profile got corrupted or whatever). In any way I'll try to use stealth mode ( :3eyes: ) with a little hope it will help but main problems are about BC2 and I havent touched it for more than 6 months.

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Sheesh, the attitude.
    Uninstall AfterBurner and revert to ASUS SmartDoctor then. Problem solved.

7. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Hi, I will suggest you only run afterburner and the game without running so many different applications at the same time. So we can know what problem can be. There are many many different applications run so conflict is really possible.

BTW, did you overclock the graphics card ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.