MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    you'll get eaten alive to say so because the game anticheat prevents it from working

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Oh it works fine with just about everything, besides Anti Cheat software such as EAC until it's been whitelisted. :)
    (Which checks via the digital signature if I'm not completely messing up the previously posted info on this.)

EDIT: Ah I must have misread.

And no post deletion, oh well though I guess trying to repeat this won't be all that helpful and just clutters things a bit, well it'll be resolved on it's own once they update the game.
    (Or well update it again I guess since update 2 is out now since a few hours ago for the game.)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I'm preparing beta 12 to uploading, it will be available in a couple hours. Recently added feature for enabling underlying OSD area color fill is now controllable via main window GUI: there is new option called "On-Screen Display fill". Also there is new item in the palette for controlling fill color/transparency level.
    Also all color picker dialogs are replaced with new ones with transparency adjustment support. So you can also adjust transparency of OSD text itself:

[​IMG]

4. abdulhkeem

abdulhkeem Member

GPU:
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB
    Nice, this will be really useful, i always wished for transparent OSD, Great Job Man!!!

5. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Nice. BTW, no issues here with both the latest beta's.

6. Unwinder

7. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Trully amazing to see how many improvements are being made to this already fantastic piece of art AB + RTTS is.

Sadly this lasts months I'm having little to none spare time to test/enjoy al this new features.

Guess I'll have a lot new things to fiddle with on holidays!

8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Minor UX issue with RTSS:
    1. Click Setup, uncheck "Hide pre-created profiles", OK
    2. Select any of the pre-created profiles in the left part of the window (preferably one with different settings from Global)
    3. Setup, check "Hide pre-created profiles" back, OK
    4. As a result Global profile is highlighted in the profile properties window but the settings shown are for the pre-created profile you've selected in step 2. To get Global profile settings you need to click "Global" in the list of profiles which is a bit counter intuitive as it's already highlighted.

9. Unwinder

Confirmed, I'll fix it in the next version, thanks for reporting.

10. Unwinder

Small note about transparent colors support in b12: you can also use transparent colors in layout now and make any item of OSD to appear with independent opacity level if necessary. The colors specified in FormatHeader line of layout description in MSIAfterburner.cfg are in RGB format, 100% opaque color is assumed if alpha is not specified. However, you may specify ARGB value directly as well.

11. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    I noticed there is a profile template for BF1.exe with:
    in it. Should BF1_CTE.exe get the same?

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That's the Community Test Environment or what they called it, pretty sure it would work the same as the main game but I guess it's pretty straightforward to test by just starting it and seeing if the OSD is displayed though if it was added for the main game it's probably going to be needed for this too.

13. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    Experimented a little with AB 4.4.0 beta 5 / RTSS 7.0.0 beta 12 and the OSD formatting.

My settings (OSD text colour 0000C0):

which produced:

[​IMG]

I've enlarged the framerate, the unit "FPS", and just to experiment, the CPU load percentages (plus removed the fourth digit space from framerate). FPS fits fine, but only because there is space above. Enlarging things further down does not fit, however. Would be nice to either have line height set automatically by contents, or have a way to customize it. Such customization could even be used for grouping / separating values with empty space: have GPU stats separated from the CPU ones, or each GPU in separate group.

The current implementation of background fill (not illustrated in the image above) is flush against the text. Would be nice if you could set a margin, so there'd be some empty (filled) space around the OSD text. Would look prettier that way.

I'm sorry if I seem demanding. I don't mean to be, but I get excited about all the new things, and then I start having new ideas, and this is how it goes... :)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  14. Unwinder

Margin for background fill is definitively good idea and will be added. No on the rest, sorry. Height manipulation totally breaks the concept of current text formatting implementation + text is not intended to be zoomed above 100% and furthermore that with high zooming ratio. 100% is the maximum font quality, everything above will be blurred due to bilinear filtering.

15. Unwinder

RTSS 7.0.0 beta 14 is available:

http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner/RTSSSetup700Beta14.rar

Added ability to define margin for OSD background color fill (controllable via FillMargin field in the profile). Also now you can hold <Ctrl> when clicking <Add profile> button to add profiles for currently active 3D applications or hold <Shift> to add exclusions (i.e. profiles with application detection level set to "none") for currently active 3D applications.

16. Unwinder

gedo

You're pure evil, dude :)))) Spent whole day on trying to fit line height adjustment mechanism into current OSD text formatting implementation and it is finally here. It is now available and demonstrated in modern OSD layout of MSI AB 4.4.0 beta 6 and RTSS 7.0.0 beta 15. I've also demonstrated how to keep unified columns size even for resized text via embedding invisible '\r' symbol into formatting tag.
    MSI AB 4.4.0 beta 6 (contains RTSS 7.0.0 beta 15) and standalone RTSS 7.0.0 beta 15 installer are available here:

http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner/MSIAfterburnerSetup440Beta6.rar
    http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner/RTSSSetup700Beta15.rar

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  17. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Your standalone RTSS link is still beta 14
    fixed here
    http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner/RTSSSetup700Beta15.rar

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  18. Unwinder

Thanks, fixed.

19. Probotector

Probotector Member

GPU:
    Crossfire 290 @ 1100/1400
    Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 crash on startup, second graphics test of firestrike crash too...

20. Unwinder

Cannot confirm that with Firestrike, runs fine here. And I don't own Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and don't plan to purchase it, sorry.