Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. HeySlickThatsMe

HeySlickThatsMe Master Guru

GPU:
    No Record
    Yes i know about the animation :p
    It triggers near any explosion (Car , Grenade etc)

2. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

i just knew that. i rarely use explosives in the game :)

3. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Oh I'm glad to know that you're still interested in this game to the point of paying for a weapon model replacement. The last time that we talked you said that you stopped caring about this game, that it was dead and we should let it die, that you couldn't play it for more tha 10 minutes because its just no fun. So it's great that you've changed your mind, and you will be happy to know that soon I will release a mod that makes random events (ambulance and firetrack emergency, random crimes like atm robbery etc) happen more frequently and even adds police patrol cars and patrolling foot cops to the city, for a more lively and interesting open world gameplay. :)

About my experience with replacing a gun model, while I've successfully managed to replace the Px4 with the 92FS I had encountered big problems with other pistols. I tried with the 1911 and the R33 but I wasn't able to make them work, that's part of the reasons why I made the 92FS only for the Px4, otherwise my aim was to make alternate files so people could choose what pistol to replace but other models gave me weird errors, as I said back in the day...
    So I'm willing to try replacing an existing rifle with a m468 if you provide me the model and textures that you want implemented, but I can't give you any guarantee sadly.
    Ah and I don't want any money, modding is a hobby for me and I'm happy to do it. ;)

PS: Anyway there are other people here that gained some experience with ZModeler, so maybe there's also someone else that is interested.

4. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Cool! :) and the explosion could look much closer to E3 2012 with some improved particle effects scripts, it's not that difficult once you figure out how to do it, for example it took me only a couple of hours to add hundreds of various 3D debris to the final explosion:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017

5. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    ^ Damn , that explosion looks so nice
    I used the one from Definitive Mod i think

woops another page

6. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    awesome, sounds like some life is coming back to WD. My friend should be done with the mod by tonight, the first step would most likely be changing the model from GTAV's .ydr format to something usable for WD. I would presume the 416, wildfire, or goblin are the best replacables. also, do you know If i can make the goblin automatic by editing something

7. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Well since your friend is working on the model he must have all the source formats etc, so it would be very useful to ask him to give you the model in a common format (.obj for example) besides the GTA version. ;)
    Yeah maybe I will start with the Wildfire since originally it's just a reskin of the 416, this way it will become more unique. :)
    Yes you just have to unpack the weapon.lib and edit the lines in the AssaultRifle.Goblin.xml with these values: selShootingType=Automatic bManualEnableAutomatic=False iManualAutomaticBulletsMax=-1

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  8. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    I bet that it drops some good fps XD
    Does it?

9. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Nope, I've set the pieces to have no physics so it costs almost nothing in terms of fps. :)

10. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Imagine if this happens: https://vimeo.com/178348853#t=48s

11. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
  12. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Thanks for the help! And I just asked him to send the .obj then he is finished as well, we shall see his response.

13. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    https://gyazo.com/eab655a406196d557a3aaeffd91c8fc5

Here is the work he's done on the 468 so far. He's blending and texturing right now. If we do get this working I would like to give him half credit for painstakingly recreating the M468 on his own time. His username is metroidguy, some of you may know him for the gta v modding scene. Check him out!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  14. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    Wildfire would be good for M468 because lets say its a copy and paste weapon with different camo
    Or... would it be possible to add new weapons? If yes then just imagine Adding berreta , Jordi sniper and M468 istnead of replacing stuff

15. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

guys can someone who understands very well in modding and have a free time send me his skype name cuz i have many questions that cant be discussed here because it will take time.questions like about lighting and those stuff.

16. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    I've got you covered for environment lighting, KAOS.

17. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    has anyone looked into a way to enable the "bullet trails"the 2012/13 build had

18. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    I don't think so, though I can't be sure. However, it'd be AWESOME if we could modify those and get some old gun sounds, the new guns sound so wimpy in comparison to what they did in some demos.

19. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I just noticed a bug with a few of my guns - the 416, 92fs, SO1911, mp412, and SO Goblin are all a low res model with no mapping or textures. Strange.

20. Stariest

Stariest Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660
    Hi people, Can somebody tel me how decrease peds density ? what the value for that ? thanks